Maggie Sottero Shirley Gown!!!!

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Maggie Sottero Shirley Gown!!!!
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 2:53 AM

Hi ladies!
I am currently in the process of looking at wedding gowns and getting ideas of what I like and don't like for my wedding dress. I have fallen in love with various Maggie Sottero bridal gowns. Recently I totally fell in love with Maggie Sottero's Shirley gown. I love it because it's unique but the lace makes it traditional. Are there any brides out there that have worn this dress or know of anyone that has? The Maggie Sottero website only provides the picture of the model wearing it in a gold color; but I would really love to see what it looks like in white. If you yourself or anyone you know has worn this gown in white and have pictures of it, can you please post them on here? I would really appreciate it! :) Thanks!
a wedding website

~Future Mrs. D~ 

TrishB12 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/27/09
Re: Maggie Sottero Shirley Gown!!!!
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hi there!
I am ordering the Shirley gown by Maggie Sottero in 3 weeks! I am very excited. I've tried on over 100 dresses and this is the only one that I absolutely love!
I did try it on in diamond white. If you'd like I can send you a photo of it on in diamond white. Let me know!

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: TrishB12

Hello there! Yay! I am super excited that I found someone that is actually ordering this dress! :) I would really appreciate it if I you would be able to send me the photo in diamond white! I'll send you my email through a message! :) Thanks so much!

novodca Posts : 2 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: TrishB12

HI Finally somebode else with the is dress!!! I ordered mine a few months ago and I go in for my first fitting in 2 weeks! I am so scared that my hips are going to look huge in it. I was wondering if you have any pictures of you in the dress. It looks so perfect on the model I would love to see what it looks like on a real bride! Also if you don't mind me asking what size are you? I am 5"7 130 lbs and I ordered mine in a 6. I am so scared now that it won't fit..

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hi there! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, sometimes I totally forget I have this account on here haha. I am at work right now but I can email you the pictures as soon as I get home. Look for them around 4:30pm tonight :) Let me know if they don't work.

Hi Novadca, did you order it without trying it on? Yes it does look perfect on that model of course because they air brush and all that fun stuff. If you send me your email address I can send you a picture or two. I am 5'3 approx 120 lbs and I would be ordering a size 4 so I am sure that a size 6 will fit you because you are taller. Plus the tie up back helps but I am sure you will be fine :)

Edited by: TrishB12 on Jun 15, 2009 5:40 PM

novodca Posts : 2 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: TrishB12

Ok I just sent you my email address through private message. I can't wait to see some pictures of it!!!

I did try the dress on when I ordered it and it fit fine but for some reason now I just can't imagine the dress looking good on me...

CanadianAustral... Posts : 1 Registered: 7/12/09
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

hello!

i also have photos in the gown in diamond white

i am getting married in three months and my dress just arrived! i will be having it shortened and also having the back made lower (i don't like how it cuts in at my shoulder blades).

if you still want photos, let me know :o)

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: CanadianAustral...

Hi ladies!!
I recently ordered my Maggie Sottero Shirley gown but I'm having a tough time deciding on what kind of veil to wear. I know that this gown has intricate detailing on the lower half near the bum and I don't want to cover it up! I was going to wear a birdcage veil but it turns out my fiance hates them :(
What are you wearing with your "Shirley" ??
Also what about shoes? I can't decide what type of shoes to wear!!
Thanks for your help :)

nynurse Posts : 1 Registered: 11/14/09
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: TrishB12

Hi everyone,

I am getting married May 23rd in New York, NY but I'm from Canada. I tried "Shirley" on in Toronto last May when I got engaged. I am completely set on it however we decided to buy the dress in NY since I am getting married here. For the life of me, I cannot find a store who has a sample dress in all of NY. I would have liked to see it again before I order it. If any of you guys can please send me the pics you have wearing it it would really help. I have one little pic my mom took of me at the time but I have lost some weight since then and would love to see others in the same dress. This would really help me.

Thanks everyone :)

MrsPaul09 Posts : 3 Registered: 7/26/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 1:48 AM Go to message in response to: nynurse

I recently wore Shirley for my Las Vegas wedding! You can see our teasers on www.jasonangelini.com/blog/ . There is 2 blog updates of pictures! I am so happy to see so many brides are interested in this dress, I purchased it before the bridal salons received their spring 09 samples and I could not find anyone who was wearing it. You will NOT be disappointed! :)

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul09

*My dress was light gold

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul09

Thank you so much for posting your photos of you in the dress. You looked amazing! It makes me more excited to wear this gown. I ordered it back in June and had my first dress fitting a couple weeks ago and fell in love all over again. I cannot wait to wear it on my wedding day!!
I love how you wore colored shoes with the dress. I was planning on doing this originally and then my bridesmaids thought the dress was too delicate to have colored shoes, but after seeing the dress with colored shoes in your photos I've 100% decided to do it!!

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: TrishB12

Thank you! You will not be disappointed in this dress! I had so many compliments while walking though Vegas on how beautiful it was. The only thing I recommend, as you said the dress is delicate... chose a "delicate" color when dying your shoes. I dyed my shoes to match Alfred Angelos Victorian Lilac. Our wedding colors were Baltimore Ravens colors but I decided against the bold purple... I am so glad I did. To anyone else who is interested... I created a wedding photo preview website. http://toucanpress.com/PaulVegasWedding111009.html

Laikhra Posts : 8 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

This is an awsome article. Very basic but extermely effective movements to build a great body.

web design edinburgh !! Smykke til mand

Edited by: Laikhra on Dec 14, 2009 4:52 AM

Tracy96 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/30/10
Posted: May 30, 2010 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: novodca

Hi! I recently looked at the Maggie Sottero-Shirley gown! I am also a size 6, I was wondering if you liked your gown! It's a beautiful gown, but i am afraid to order it in case it's too small!! Thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine