What are you using....?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

littlechef Posts : 2 Registered: 6/1/09
What are you using....?
Posted: May 30, 2010 5:11 PM

I've been staring at my contract for my reception DJ. Just staring. I was hoping to maybe get some inspiration from you guys...

What is your...
Father/daughter dance song?
Mother/son?
Cake cutting?
Bridal party entrance song?

Does anyone even do the whole garter thing anymore? I wasn't going to but a close family friend (like a second father, really) bought mine and now I feel like I should. Maybe I'll just have my FI toss it and not pull it off of me....

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: What are you using....?
Posted: May 31, 2010 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: littlechef

we combined Mother / Son with Father / Daughter and did "More I Cannot Wish You" from Guys & Dolls

We didn't do Cake Cutting must

First Dance - "L.O.V.E." (performed by Michael Buble)

Anniversary Dance - Time in a Bottle

Last Dance - "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (we're slightly offbeat :) )

Misty

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 31, 2010 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: littlechef

I've been to equal number of weddings where there was or was not a garter toss (probably slightly more had one). That said, You do not HAVE to do it. We did the garter, bouquet AND an anniversary dance.

Entrance - Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder

First Dance - Keeper of the Stars - Mark Chestnut

Father-Daughter Dance - The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra (I didn't have a sappy relationship with my Dad, so this worked and Old Blue Eyes is a classic ANYTIME.)

Mother-Son Dance - Mama - Boys to Men

My DJ played something during the cake cutting, garter (not distasteful) and bouquet toss and Anniversary Dance. He was cool so I left it up to him once I made my thoughts clear (on the distasteful aspect).

littlechef Posts : 2 Registered: 6/1/09
Posted: May 31, 2010 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: littlechef

Ahh finally! Song ideas that I can work with.

I'm not much of a sappy person and The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra - had crossed my mind a few times for the dance with my dad.

I know it's strange that a father-figure bought the garter...there's a story behind the whole thing...it was actually from him and his wife. They're strange people so I just let it go hehe

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine