Will you have a wedding band?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Will you have a wedding band?
Posted: May 24, 2010 12:21 AM

Once you get married, will you have a wedding band?

This might sound silly, but the folks we saw at the numerous jewellery stores told us it's very common now, for women to get married and still only wear their e-Ring post wedding. Funny thing is, I don't of a single women who does not wear a wedding band along with her e-Ring once she is married.

Also, if you were to chose not to wear a wedding band along with your e-ring, what are you supposed to do during the ceremony if you don't put on a wedding band??

We searched for quite some time for my e-ring and had a band go with it because I was always in the belief that it's what is meant to be done tradionally. I wouldn't mind doing it either way but would love to hear what you guys have been told, heard or know.

Thanks in advance.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Re: Will you have a wedding band?
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I love my e-ring and my wedding band and alway wear both together. Now that I'm married, I can't imagine why I would want to wear my e-ring without the band. When looking for the band however, I did try it on by itself because I thought there could be situations where I don't want to wear the e-ring (it sits up high) and wanted to make sure I liked the wedding band on its own.

I have noticed a few married women at work that just wear and e-ring and honestly I don't know why. I do find it strange, but I guess it's just personal preference.

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

My mum wears her wedding band when she feels like it. At home she usually doesn't wear any rings, and when she goes out, she puts them on. My sister wears only the wedding band most of the time :) Some people wear the e-ring on the right hand and the wedding band on the left.

It's entirely a matter of choice :) If you don't want to have one, or not wear it all the time, it's up to you. You can also ask your celebrant to skip the rings line, and just say your vows.

Posted: May 24, 2010 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

Back when we looked at rings, the rings I really liked (which happened to be "promise rings"), did not come with a band. In my eyes they were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The ring we've chosen comes with a band, but because of what I had been told in stores, I was curious as to what the rest of the world thinks about the options.

Thanks for the replies posted so far

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I personally want to go for a wedding band, and so does my FH. We want something simple (thin would be nice, considering my allergy, and that he's not used to wearing jewelery). We haven't looked at any yet, but my father has offered to get them for us :) (the ones we do eventually choose)

breathb4thekiss Posts : 5 Registered: 11/2/09
Posted: May 26, 2010 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I have a wedding band to go with my e-ring; however, I do have several friends who went 'just the e-ring route' mainly because they liked the look of only one ring on their finger.

frostedkels Posts : 5 Registered: 5/26/10
Posted: May 26, 2010 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

i don't think i will. the ring my fiance bought me is gorgeous. if i wear a wedding band, that will just clutter up my finger and take away from the beauty of the ring.

lissagettingmar... Posts : 22 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: May 30, 2010 1:29 AM Go to message in response to: frostedkels

My fiance bought me a beautiful set that goes together, so I will be wearing a wedding band. I love the look of e-rings and wedding bands that are either made to go together or look like they were made to go together, and I liked the idea of having something to mark my passage over from engaged to married. We're fairly traditional, as well, so I bought him a wedding band as well. I also bought him a watch as an engagement gift that I unintentionally matched with the wedding band - they are very complementary!

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I want one, but Chris is going to pick it out. If I can't wear it with my e-ring, I might wear my e-ring on my right hand, and my wedding ring on my left.
I'm not sure if I'm getting Chris a ring though.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I'm going to wear my engagement ring only. It is a beautiful ring, and I love the way it looks by itself on my finger- two rings would look cluttered and bulky. However, I am planning on getting a simple band to wear when we are traveling, or other times I don't want to wear my e-ring- but I will just wear the band by itself, not the two rings together....

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

We will have wedding bands. My ring is made of sterling silver, so I think will get sterling bands as well. We'll probably get them on etsy, because that's where my e-ring came from.

Being a metalsmith, I can't always wear my e-ring.

Wedding Bands - Set of Two - Classic Silver
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Edited by: NoseInTheGrass on Jun 8, 2010 7:03 PM

Edited by: NoseInTheGrass on Jun 8, 2010 7:07 PM

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

My mother didn't wear a wedding band during her marriage to my stepfather, just her engagement ring. Though, to be honest, it was pretty blinged out as it was, and the band would have just seemed unnecessary.

This isn't an exact pic of the ring, but it looked something like this -

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-KZ_Afk-BjY/SUoYRawuZgI/AAAAAAAAAg0/vV2S-Np5PPY/sapphire_princessdiana_engagementring%5B6%5D.jpg

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Edited by: VšnTillBruden on Jun 14, 2010 3:38 PM

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Great! thanks for the replies!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Ladies,

I got married in 1976, when it was very common to buy e-ring and w-ring sets.

I have a gold band for a w-ring and a matching gold band plus diamond for my e-ring. The w-ring can be worn alone or with the e-ring.

Just for comfort and ease with the keyboard, I usually wear the e-ring on my right hand, but sometimes pile them both on my left hand.

My husband has a gold band.

What ever works for you is right for you. There's no "one" right way to do it.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

I will be wearing both my ering and band. I am just not sure if I should attach them together or not? Not sure. But yea I will wear both. I will feel like a married woman with my band on :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine