My Dream Dress...how much?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

amlewis83 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/11/09
My Dream Dress...how much?
Posted: May 15, 2009 12:51 PM

Hi all! This is my 1st post. My name is Andrea and I am getting married 06/25/2010. I saw a Jim Hjelm dress in a magazine and fell in love. It is Style: jh8904. I am almost certain it way out of my price range, but I wanted to see if anyone had an idea of about ow much it costs or a typical Jim Hjelm costs. He has a trunk show coming here in 2 weeks, and I am crossing my fingers. I have never been to a trunk show. What can I expect?

SonjaD Posts : 18 Registered: 2/3/09
Re: My Dream Dress...how much?
Posted: May 15, 2009 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

You can try this link:

http://www.halfbridal.com/product.php?productid=17611&cat=271&page=2

I'm not sure about ordering from this website but at least you may get an idea on the cost!!

Good luck!

Posted: May 15, 2009 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: SonjaD

haha, I want to cry seeing the price, but that is what I expected. We will see at the trunk show. I found someone in NY who makes replicas of some Jim Hjelm dresses for like $700-2500. I might have to go that way. All I know is that I want a mermaid style lace dress in ivory or champagne with a sweep train and that dress is my #1 dream at this point.

SonjaD Posts : 18 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

Well, at least you have good taste :) I purchased a Maggie Sottero dress and it's absolutely beautiful and I was very impressed by the quality. In my opinion it looks much more expensive than I actually paid. Try taking a look at her website, you may find something that is more reasonably priced. Most of her dresses have been between 1000-2000, not sure if that's in your budget. I've also read great thinks about David's Bridal, but I've never seen any of their dresses.

I've heard about these trunk shows and you can get quite the deals! So I hope you find what you are looking for.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 15, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: SonjaD

Wow that dress is amazing! And the price is crazy! I would defantly check out Maggie, her quality is amazing, and the prices are great (unless of course you find what you want at the trunk show in your budget) I went through and found a few that may work. I am at work so I do not know if the pics will show, but i got them off of the maggie site www.maggiesottero.com

The first one is Jude Front View of the Jude Bridal GownBack View of the Jude Bridal Gown

Second is Karena Front View of the Karena Bridal GownBack View of the Karena Bridal Gown

Karena Royal Front View of the Karena Royale Bridal GownBack View of the Karena Royale Bridal Gown

And looking at David's briefly, Style T9512, VW9340, S8551.

Hope some of that helps to give you some more options.

JulyBby22 Posts : 76 Registered: 1/16/07
Posted: May 15, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

Georgeous dress! I personally wouldn't spend that much on a dress but it's your day and choice so go for it if that's what you want. If you're willing to go for a similar style tho, try Maggie Sottero style Lilly. I tried it on and it looks much more beautiful in person than in the picture and if I remember correctly, it was around $950. Let me know what you think and good luck at the trunk show.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1125

Posted: May 15, 2009 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: JulyBby22

Thanks for the Maggies suggestions ladies. We actually have a number of stores around here that carry her line and I may go check some of those out. I'm going to see how this trunk show goes and figure it out from there. I have looked at David's online and found a few within my price range, so I will check there too. I'm not going to spend $4000 on a dress when I am trying to keep my wedding small and under $10000. I want to not spend more than $1000 on my dress. My wedding is over a year away, so I have some time to figure it all out. My goal is to have my dress by the end of the summer. Seriously, all I think about is that Jim Hjelm dress haha. Where there is a will, there is a way...

lindseytamietti Posts : 1 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

Hi Andrea! you and me both... i freakin love this dress!! I really want to know how the trunk show goes. I want the same dress and he is having a trunk show in Phoenix in August and i really want to know if it will be worth going?! Also have you found anything similar that you like?

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: lindseytamietti

This one has a similar look to it on the back, not sure about the front though...its a maggie sottero

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=lace&keywordType=any&pageSize=12&page=7&style=J1195LU

And this one is a "destinations by maggie sottero" its gorgeous, i think youd like it
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=lace&keywordType=any&pageSize=12&page=14&style=JD8106
Back View of the JD8106 Bridal Gown

Jenn2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/28/10
Posted: May 28, 2010 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

This is my dream dress too! I haven't found anything else that I like, but it is between $3,800-4,100 depending on the shop you buy it from. Out of my price range. I'm just hoping that someone will sell their used one for a lot less before my wedding. Good luck!

ehosek Posts : 1 Registered: 1/19/11
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

Hello! I was just wondering if you could tell me whether you lucked out in getting the Jim Hjelm dress (8904). It sounds like we think alike....I love the dress but not the price tag!

I live in the Hudson Valley so if you got a replica made of the dress and were happy with it - I'd love to get details.

Thank you!

Erica
Ekh886@yahoo.com

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine