Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 24, 2010 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

AMY,so good to see you, I love it when people come back!!! Please stay!!!

Weight: 227

I think its a one pound loss, and I have to list my point breakdown later, but basically I did a LITTLE BIT better, but had two bar shows this week so it was hard. At one I did okay because I was home the whole daytime before, so I was able to eat helthy and make dinner before the show and I wanst starving AT the show. For the other though, which was Sat night performing with Judy Gold, I didnt do so hot. It was a busy day, and we were invited to some friends nyc apt beforehand for drinks ,they flew in from California for the week and all came to my show.... they had cheese and crackers there, small apps, etc. And I had wine. Then went onstage, it was a super late show, got out at about 1230am, they did TV local interviews with all the comics andI got to meet Judy, and so by the time we left, hubby and I were BOTH starving so we walked along the city and went to a diner at 130am for cheeseburgers. Yeah yeah yeah, not smart or healthy, but so much fun and a great memory. A great NYC night. I gotta figure out how to do better though. I just cant see taking things like carrot sticks into a freakin comedy club lol. I do buy the Luna bars and Fiber One bars already, problem is they dont fill me up, they hold me over but Im still starving after these late night shows.

Its not as much of a problem when my DAY is free, then I just eat here. Its a problem when I have like 37 things to do in one day and then have a show, no time to eat, running around and only eating stuff like carrot sticks, protein bars, trail mix, piec e of fruit. All day. When I do that, Im sooooooo hungry at like 10pm and then I eat horribly because a salad aint gonna cut it.

Ill figure it out. Right now Im just super happy that my career seems to be taking off. Long way to go still, but its happening.

Start teachign summer classes tomorrow for the month of June, comedy show tomoorw night. If all goes well, I should be able to start going BACK to the gym thursday lol. Such a crazy schedule!

Heres a pic of me with the other comics and Judy Gold (shes 2nd from the left) after the show. She was HILARIOUS!!! It was such an honor performing with her and then watching her, then meeting her. Very cool.

Oh awesome,the F'ing Facebook cut ME out of the picture. I guess I have to make it smaller. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ http://www.myaislerunner.com/

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Edited by: kelleyiskelley on May 24, 2010 3:43 PM

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So this was a much better week for me. I lost 4lbs and my points were 24. I hope i can keep it up! Everyone have a great week.

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Here I am late again. This time I will blame it on the long WE - I always think the Monday is Sunday.

I thought I had a good week, but apparently I didn't because I'm up again

Weight: 166.5

water-2/3.5
stairs-2.5/2.5
veggies-6/7
exercise-1/2.5
posting-1.5/2.5
staying in my points-5/7

Had a busy WE, Saturday we ripped out the upstairs bathroom (and by we I mean DH did & I watched/handed him tools and stuff). Sunday we went to visit his parents in Niagara Falls and we drove over to the horse races in Fort Erie. It was fun. SIL & BIL joined us - and we all ended up winning something. Monday we put in a new subfloor in the bathroom & tiled it (again we=DH lol) It's too bad because yesterday was so nice and we were stuck inside for most of it
And that is about all I have the energy to write for now - I am exhausted
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: May 26, 2010 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

So I will continue the saga of the bathroom, since nobody else has posted anything. Yesterday DH grouted (is that really a word?) the floor - yay, one step closer. We went to Home Depot and got paint and baseboard and other miscellaneous stuff to put the old toilet back (I would have preferred to just get a new one), so I guess tonight will be paint & baseboard & toilet.

It seems like every week is like starting a whole new BL for me. Yesterday was a good day, got all my points in - a trend which I hope will continue

Cyndi - I know it's crazy how much more expensive stuff is here and really there's no reason for it to be. How are the shoes working out for you?

I know there's more, I read it but I just can't force my brain to spit it back out right now. I am so exhausted, even this has been an effort. ttyl!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 26, 2010 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Had a bad first few days, due to late nights. Stayed up late watching the Lost finale on Sunday, and Monday saw a sneak preview of Sex and the City 2 (which I really enjoyed -- much better than the first, and Kelley, can't wait for your review!) and then after the movie, talked about it on hubs's podcast with my book club friends, so didn't get home till close to midnight. Like others have said, when you don't get much sleep, it's hard to eat right and excercise. But I'm back on track as of last night -- got in my 8 hours, and worked out this morning, and eating a salad for lunch now.

MrsHF, you put in floors like I do -- by watching. Laters, y'all!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: May 28, 2010 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Where the heck is my post from yesterday? It was there, now it's not????? I hate when Brides eats my posts!

I don't remember what I said - some general boring bathroom reno thing, party potatoes and how bad I am doing this BL.

Yesterday was not good, had party potatoes (hashbrowns, cheese, sour cream mushroom soup, onions) 3 beer, 2 chocolate covered sour candies (the ginornmous ones) and a chocolate & caramel covered pretzel stick. Sigh.... why do I sabotage myself like this???

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 28, 2010 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Hey ladies,

sorry for the super late update!

Weight: 120!!!

We have been so busy as of late that getting on the computer is near impossible. Also, next monday/tuesday my SIL will be having her C-section and we'll be going in that weekend to see our niece or nephew! We are so excited!
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Hey ladies!!! I am finally back home!! I will tally up the points from last week when I get to work on Wednesday!

Looks like I only gained 4 pounds this weeka way...I hope any how!

Alright I am gonna go spend some time with the hubby!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 30, 2010 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Welcome back Nessa, I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Hans, I enjoyed your story about you bathroom remodel. I am so proud of you for assisting the way you did. I know your husband was grateful for all your help. That potato sounds really yummy.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We spent yesterday at the amusement park. It was fun. My brother and sister showed up with their families and it was not something that was planned we just all met up at the park. I was able to ride on rides that I couldn't fit into last year. That was a wonderful feeling.

Weight 210 down 2.6 pounds, I reached my goal for this competition. I don't think I have done that before. Yay me!!!!! Points 22

1. Drink 8 glasses of water per day .5x7 =3.5 per week. 3.5

2. No eating after 8 pm .5/3.5 per week 3.5

3. Stick to my meal plan .5/3.5 per week 3.5

4. Walk at least 1 mile per day .5/3.5 per week 3.5

5. Exercise daily 1/7 per week 3 I was playing with Jillian Michaels and twisted my knee. I wasn't able to do any aerobics the rest of the week.

6. No sweets or candy 2pt. week 2

7. Post at least 3x per week 2 pts 2 I have to check if I posted 3x this week or not, over all a pretty good week.

Wow I didn't post one time last week. I know I was on the boards I posted a time or two. I don't know how I didn't post something. Unless I did respond to Hans and her bathroom adventures and Brides ate it up. I think I remember her saying something about getting paint and a toilet. Since it is no longer there I can not claim the points for it.

My points for this week are 19 or 21 depending on whether anyone else saw my posts this week.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P, People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Edited by: kennysoldwife on May 30, 2010 4:53 PM

Posted: May 31, 2010 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Good Morning Everyone, hope you are all enjoying your long weekend!

So I did ok and not really last week.

Weight: 166.5 stayed the same (which is better than gaining)

Drinking water - 1.5/3.5 (not so good, but better than most weeks)
Take the stairs at work - 2.5/2.5
5+ veggies/day - 3/7 (not so good)
Exercise - 2.0/2.5 (much better than usual)
Posting - 2/2.5
Staying within my points - 3/7 (not surprising since I used up most of my points on the holiday Monday)

The weekend was ok. Spent most of Saturday finishing (but it's not completely finished-so maybe more) making the bathroom functional. It looks really good. All that's left is for DH to put in another medicine cabinet/mirror. It's so nice not to have to go downstairs to use the bathroom. Yesterday morning we (he) replaced the eavestrough on the neighbours garage and last night we went to see Iron Man 2. It was pretty good for a sequel, but Mickey Rourke is just weird looking now.

Kenneys - yay for the weight loss and reaching your goal for this BL. That's awesome about fitting into the rides at the amusement park too!
I can't say for sure if I saw your post, but if it were up to me, I'd give you the points anyway because a) I trust you, and b) you said you enjoyed my bathroom saga

Hope you're enjoying your day!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 31, 2010 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Kennys--awesome!! Congrats!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:33 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

I hate my mouse! I just had a long post all typed out and I accidentally hit the "back" button on the side which erased my whole post! AAAHHHHhhh! Now I don't have time to retype it.
In a nutshell, let me just say I'm doing better, the switch has flipped again in my head which tells me I'm tired of being overweight. I am modifying a really good (ie bad for you) recipe for myself tonight and making it normal for the others.

I forgot too - welcome back Amy!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Hi y'all! 15 points for last week; I got 9 points for excercise (ran 10 miles, and did 4 hours total), 2 points for weighing in (at 152.6, which is a gain, booooooo!) and four points for diet (staying within calories, eating fruits and veggies, drinking water).

This weekend was a lot of fun. I was in New Jersey -- first at Atlantic City, then at a Memorial Day party. Lots of drinking and eating, but I did run on the boardwalk on Saturday morning, so feel good about that. But, off track now, and have to get back on because don't want to buy new clothes.

Kennys, congrats, you've been amazing.

Later everyone!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I love the Boardwalk at Atlantic City. I like all the little shops they have. I hope you had a good time. Did you get Salt Water Taffy while you were there it is my favorite. I only get it or eat it when I am there never from the store. Just doesn't have the same taste for some reason.

Thank you ladies, you have been such an encouragement to me in so many ways. I wouldn't have been able to stay on track if not for you.

Welcome back Amy, I don't believe I was in this room when you were here before, but I welcome you just the same.

How was everyone else's weekend.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hi everyone.
I guess last week is my throw out week. I totally spaced out posting. I've been so busy with school and work.

Amy--it is so good to see you again. I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad you are back. :)

Kenney's--I hear you on the salt water taffy. I love the stuff, but I won't buy it from the store. Only when we go to the Oregon coast. It is sooo much better.

Are we still in the middle of BL, or has this one ended?

Have a great day everyone.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine