Baseball-themed wedding??

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

SLObeachbride Posts : 2 Registered: 4/6/07
Baseball-themed wedding??
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:00 PM

My FH and I are huge Dodgers fans and we want to incorporate baseball into our wedding, but still keep it elegant. Our colors are going to be royal blue, silver, and white. I already have a few ideas like baseball cards for save-the-dates, tickets for invitations, dodgers garter... If anyone has any ideas or pictures please post them...thanks!!

Cassiopeia Posts : 85 Registered: 1/1/09
Re: Baseball-themed wedding??
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

Even if you're having an elagant wedding, one place to be all-out creative is the grooms cake!

Some ideas:

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Hey Dodgers-

Youve asked the right person lol. Im a huuuge baseball nut, a Yankee fan (I know - please dont hold that against me, Im helpin ya here lol), and also a Wedding Coordinator. AND - my brother is a huge RedSox fan and used some of these ideas that Im about to share with you that I gave him. Hie wedding was really elegant, but also had awesome touches of baseball everywhere. Here are my ideas. Just depends on how far you want to take the theme....

1. Boxes of Cracker Jacks or Shelled Peanut Bags as a favor. To keep it elegant, you can put them all in a big bowl or basket in the lobby area or somewhere that people can grab one on their way out of the reception. Or put a basket of these things in each Restroom (mens and womens.)

2. Table Names can either be A. specific players names of current Dodger players and then you and Grooms table or head table would be the Managers Table or Joe Torre Table OR the idea I like even better if the numbers work out right - each table could be a position. So you and DH are homeplate , and the rest are set up almost like a bb field around you. So it would be "Karen and Joe Smith - Shortstop Table" etc.

3. Do your reception intros as you would players of a baseball team. (my brother did this one and it was so cute.) Example: And now ladies and gentlemen ... please meet the Wedding Team. First up to bat... your Best Man .... next, your Maid of honor... and so forth. You can have the DJ play songs like Centerfield, Take Me out to the BallGame, stuff like that during your intros. When everyone come sout they can form a line like a team and then when you and Groom enter last, you go through and slap everyones hands, high fives, etc. They could even throw on Team tshirts just for the intros , or team hats.

4. You could do a Dodgers Grooms cake or baseball cake.

5. Baseball card programs for ceremony... pic of you and Groom on front and then all the "information" on back. Or you could even set up the reception like innings of a game as your timeline and have your DJ refer to it now and then (like the 7th inning stretch could be coffee and dessert time, etc.)

6. If you can buy a baseball for every table and put it in the middle somewhere, you could have everyone at the table sign the baseballs and/or write little messages on them instead of a guestbook. Then you can keep the signed baseballs in a bowl in your home somewhere.

I will be back with more. Gotta go check on dinner lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

SLObeachbride Posts : 2 Registered: 4/6/07
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

WOW...those are great ideas!!! I love the grooms cake with all the strawberries...it's one of our favorite treats =) And all of the reception ideas are wonderful...I don't know how I will ever narrow it down and not go overboard!! Thanks for the ideas so far!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

You are very welcome. These kinds of themes are somuch fun to me. I wish I lived on the West Coast so I could help you put it together, it would be such a blast!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

BunchaLilies Posts : 68 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia,

I love that first grooms cake that you posted with the strawberries. Do you happen to know where you found that picture? I might steal that idea, my FH is a big cubs baseball fan, and I was already thinking about having a baseball themed cake made him.

KayAndPeter Posts : 2 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

I've been looking for baseball theme ideas too, and found this site today:

http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/08/26/baseball-themed-wedding-reception/

They talk about using a jersey as a guest book, which I LOVE. They even have a free b&w sketch you can download of a bride and groom playing baseball. I'm going to use that on my programs!

Edited by: KayAndPeter on Aug 26, 2009 3:48 PM

MelissaKay Posts : 1 Registered: 11/5/09
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

You check out Cooperstown Bat Company. They have oversized bats that can be signed by all your quests.
http://www.cooperstownbat.com/product/Oversized-Wedding-Baseball-Bat/1270_1037/#

Engraved baseballs that can be handed out as wedding favors. Have a little fun with this and the bride and groom can go around to each table to sign the balls for their guests.
http://www.cooperstownbat.com/product/Engraved-Wedding-Baseballs/1271_1037/#

They also carry engraved bats for the bride and groom or you can personalize them to give to those in your wedding party.
http://www.cooperstownbat.com/product/Wedding-Gift-Personalized-Baseball-Bat-Vintage-Design/1128_1037/#

Hope you enjoy these

Edited by: MelissaKay on Nov 5, 2009 12:03 PM

sosubblime Posts : 1 Registered: 4/2/10
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 1:23 AM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

Hi Dodgersbride! I am also a Dodger bride. :) I've put so much thought into my dodger wedding that I'm having so much fun with it. I still want my wedding to be elegant...but with some touches of the Dodgers. Here are some of the ideas I'm using for my wedding. Some I've found by internet searching..some I came up with all on my own..you're welcome to steal some if you'd like.

1. For my engagement party I will rent a baseball diamond and my family will play a game of baseball against my fiance's family. We'll have t-shirts and everything. And of course food..including Dodger dogs that can be purchased at Vons, cracker jacks and peanuts and we are renting a cotton candy machine.

2. My invitations are baseball related. I love them cus I didn't think I'd be able to find baseball wedding invitations that didn't look like a kid's bday card. www.manolobrides.com

3. For my engagement shoot, my fiance and I are taking photos at Dodger Stadium wearing dodger apparel. He'll be wearing a dodger jersey which I had customized with his last name and the number 10 signifying our wedding year.

4. Our reception guestbook will be the same jersey my fiance is wearing to the engagement shoot. Guests will sign it and after the wedding, we will buy a case for it to hang in our home.

5. For the ceremony, I'm making pennants which will double as programs. After the ceremony, our guests will wave the pennants as we exit.

6. Our place cards will be tickets that resemble dodger tickets and someone will tear them and hand back the stub after entering the room.

7. For the reception, I'm having a candy buffet with baseball related candy or any blue and silver or white candy. Some are baseball cookies, baby ruths, baseball foil covered chocolates, etc.

8. Our DJ will announce us and the bridal party like they do Dodger players at games as we enter.

9. The DJ will also play the CHARGE! music and other baseball related music during the reception...some even during dancing! :)

10. My cake will have the groom pitching to the bride cake topper.

11. You know those circle signs over the Left and Right pavilion at Dodger Stadium? They have old Dodger numbers on them....our table numbers will be inspired by that design.

12. When the DJ announces the "7th inning stretch", my fiance will have our first dance to "Take me out to the ballgame" but the instrumental version played by Bernie Williams. Yes, I know..he's a Yankee...but I just think it's so beautifully played and original. If you youtube it, you'll find it there.

13. I found a Dodger garter on Ebay that I'll be wearing.

14. I'm buying my fiance dodger cufflinks for the wedding day.

15. As a gift for my fiance, I'm taking boudoir photos and I found dodger boy shorts on ebay to wear...I'll also be wearing a dodger jersey for the shoot.

Hmm...I think that's all I got. I feel like I'm forgetting something...who knows. I wish you luck! :)

CharleneBeans Posts : 1 Registered: 4/14/10
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 3:47 AM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

Since you're in So Cal, you could have your wedding at Dodger Stadium -- they allow you to rent out the field and the ceremony is on home plate; then a reception either in the Stadium Club or the Dodger Dugout Club...

Jaimee2201 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/26/10
Posted: May 26, 2010 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: CharleneBeans

I found some really great wedding invitaions for our baseball themed wedding. They look like tickets to the ballpark with a personalized photo, really cute. Found them at sportsthemedweddings.com. Found lots of really great wedding ideas there too.

Edited by: Jaimee2201 on May 26, 2010 9:38 PM

rshannie Posts : 1 Registered: 2/27/11
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

You can always use baseballrose.com. They have roses made out of actual baseballs for bouquets, Boutonnières and corsages.

MrsChanceHarrin... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/22/11
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: SLObeachbride

what a cute theme! came across this awhile ago and you reminded me of it. hope its inspirational!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/05/20/baseball-theme-wedding-by-amorology/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine