Color Crisis

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

theoneandonly22 Posts : 14 Registered: 5/3/10
Color Crisis
Posted: May 26, 2010 10:43 AM

Hello All!

I am getting married in Spring 2012. My FH and I have discussed wedding colors already. I say that we should wait until next summer to see what the trend is, but the parents and friends are in some sort of hurry to see what colors I have picked!

My FH and I decided we like the color combination of blue and purple:

1. I can use varying shades of both
2. It is an early spring (March) wedding, but the flowers used would be available.
3. It is different
4. HE wants an outdoor wedding, and in March the blooms would not be out so we need flowers, but I do not want white or green to be used, nor red because of other family member's recent weddings.

What do you think?

Honesty is appreciated, no need for sugar coating.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Color Crisis
Posted: May 26, 2010 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

This is what you call a "crisis"? Cheesh!
Blues and purples look great together. But, your wedding isn't until 2012, so what's the hurry? And, who cares what the 'trend" is. Choose what you love. As for your parents, tell them you haven't decided yet. And try to limit the discussions, for now. If you don't, you will be driven insane by the time you actually do have to plan.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 26, 2010 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: myras

I agree with myras, tell them to back off. You'll come up with ideas in good time, and then you can choose the colours.

Blue and purple look great together, and if that's what you like, go for it, but don't let others start pushing you around. Tell them you've got plenty to do right now, and it's not the time to think about those things, although their concern is appreciated.

And who knows? Maybe in a year's time you decided you want other colours altogether :)

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: May 26, 2010 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

I would agree with others who say first of all, don't let anybody push you into making a decision. Not now, and not when it gets closer to your wedding date. Just simply tell them you haven't made that decision yet, and leave it at that.

As for the colors, you may very well change your mind numerous times. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted- I always wanted a fall wedding, and fall colors. But then a few months into the wedding planning process, I got sad, because I thought, what if we had gone with my favorite color (pink) and his (gray)? That would have been really neat too!

Good luck!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

theoneandonly22 Posts : 14 Registered: 5/3/10
Posted: May 27, 2010 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Thank you!

I really do like purples and blues. I originally thought I would go with fall colors, but changed my mind.

I said crisis because of all the stress everyone is putting on my to plan a wedding. "It'll be here faster than you know." Ugh! If I have to hear that one more time!!!!

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 27, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

Want to trade parents? My mum keeps telling me I have all the time in the world, and that I shouldn't be planning anything now, with about a year to go!

If those are the colours you like, and would like to have those, then do so :) but be flexible with yourself in case YOU want to change them later because you want to, not because of others.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine