Registry For Couples Already Living Together

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Registry For Couples Already Living Together
Posted: May 24, 2010 6:16 PM

My Fiance' and I have been living together for 3 years, so we pretty much already have everything we need (silverware, plates, cups, appliances, etc.). During that time we've also purchased a house and for the most part have all the smaller ticket decor items taken care of. I went through the Target website today and found a total of about 5 things that I would register for. Has anybody ran into this delima? What are your suggestions for couples who have already put their 'nest' together?

Thank you.

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Re: Registry For Couples Already Living Together
Posted: May 25, 2010 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

My fiance and I ran into the same problem. We have been living together for 2 years, so we pretty much have everything. However, we are going to be remodeling our kitchen this year, so we registered for all new kitchen stuff to go in our new kitchen! How about replacing stuff you already have? Register for all new towels, bed linens, a nice set of wine glasses, martini glasses, etc--upgrade what you already have! Or, find some fun items that you would like to have, but wouldn't buy for yourself- an ice cream maker, bread maker, BBQ or other backyard stuff. Get creative-I'm sure you can find something that you need/want! Go to places like Bed, Bath & Beyond, Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel--they have awesome stuff!

RyanandKelly2009 Posts : 32 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

My fiance and I have also lived together for awhile and have just about everything we need. So we are registering for new plates in large numbers in case we decide to host a dinner party in the future. While that won't happen anytime soon it is inevitable that eventually we will. Also those lines we have registered for serving trays, gravy boats, silverware, linen napkins, new pots and pans. We also registered for luxury bed sheets and bath towels. We also registered for new bathroon rugs. The ones we have now are fine but those things tend to only last a year or so depending on how often you wash them.
Another item you might want to consider is a fireproof safe to put all your wedding photos in after the event as well as important papers like the deed to ur car or you life insurance policy.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 25, 2010 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Well, you don't HAVE to have a bridal shower. But if you decide to then I'm sure there are plenty of things you will need down the road. My FH and I live together and we're having a shower. We have many things already but the more we think about it we need more things. Some of the stuff we put on the list are: silverware, plates (you can add fine china for hosting a party), bowls, cups, pots/pans, steam mop, vacuum, table cloths and place mats, bathroom things like shower curtain, mats, bedroom stuff such as bed sheets, extra pillows (perhaps you'll have guests over one day), comforters, blankets etc... We even added daily essentials on our list like toilet paper and cleaning supplies lol. We're registered at Target as well.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: RyanandKelly2009

I love the idea of registering for a fireproof safe. I'll add that to the list. I guess as most people have mentioned we can just upgrade what we have. We could always use more sheets and towels. Is it innapropriate to register for something that's over a certain price range? Not that I plan on registering for anything too expensive, just curious if there is any kind of ettiquette in regards to this.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: May 25, 2010 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Dear Orbital,

You can register for anything you want, at any price. It is good to include plenty of lower-priced items, so people on a budget can find something nice.

In your case, I'd suggest thinking in terms of things that get ratty and need to be replaced. Sheets, towels, dish towels, etc.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine