Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 19, 2010 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

No surgery date set yet! I wish they'd hurry up already! I've met SO many people who have had it done and it's given them their lives back! I'm hoping when I go June 10th I'll get my consulation date with the surgeon and then hopefully a quick surgery date! There's a whole tedious process you have to go through. Some people feel the need to tell me the horror stories--is it wrong of me to tell my aunt to shut up?! LOL
I've given up diet sodas, and all sodas! Kelley and Cyndi--it's KILLING me but those little powder packs of iced tea are my friends! If only I had your challenges NOW instead of a year ago! LOL After surgery I cannot have anything carbonated so they want me to wean myself off it now. And I'm craving fried foods, won't let me eat them either! Haven't had them in over 2 weeks, until tonight's eggplant parm sub! But eggplant's a veggie! So I'd like to think I did ok. Plus I had a side salad with it, instead of the onion rings I so desperately wanted! LOL
And thanks ladies for all the cheers that my jeans fit! I only hope my body keeps getting smaller! Unlike some people going through the surgery I have PLENTY of smaller clothes here!
Kelley--not sure how you'd do better with the eating junk at the clubs--if someone sat that in front of me I'd be all over it! I have taken the sticks of powdered drink mix into restaurants without them complaining but other than getting off the soda they wouldn't help much. What about keeping fruit cups (they make some packed in water with splenda!) and fiber one bars or the protein fit South Beach ones in the car for a quick eat before the club? The fiber one bars are better but the South Beach ones have lots of protein which is "supposed" to make you not as hungry. That's about all the help I can be!

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 20, 2010 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Kelley, I died a little when you questioned the worth of whipped alcohol LOL! JK I think you're actually supposed to use it as a garnish on alcoholic drinks. I think Cares idea about eating the protein bars is a good idea it is supposed to help keep you full.

Cyndi I found those shows at a store here - they are really ugly, and expensive. The cheapest ones here are $150.00 - I think I'll wait

Nessa - take me with you! LOL!

Can't remember what else people are saying and it's time for work - I'll try to get on later
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 20, 2010 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Wow!! mrs hf, that is TWICE what I paid here. Well, nothing new, but kelley, what about Care's suggestions? Maybe you could keep stuff like that in your car to help. I don't know, it'd be miserably tough for me too, with a buffet of food or food coming and going, especially bar food. Which is almost always fried and fatty but yummy.

You've got net flix right? Cause you can get SATC series on there. :)

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 20, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi~ Alright Dump week it is for you

Care~ I hope you get to schedual your surgery soon! That is so exciting!!

MrsHF~ I forgot to mention, the liquor store hubby always goes into has a ton of the whipped lightning at the check outs. I almost bought some for my pecan pie I made for Thanksgiving. But my mom talked me out of it :( Sure! I will take you with me, you just have to get to colorado, be able to fold up enough to fit in my suitecase with a weeks worth of stuff, and then come out and carry it from the airport to the hotel for me....Deal??

Kelly~ The keeping Fiber 1 bars and snacks and stuff with you is a good idea. I don't know if you can smoke inside in NY and NJ, but in Colorado you can't, so what I used to do is when everyone else would go out for a smoke break, I would go outside to a diffrent area and have a snack...a granola bar, or crakers with peanut butter. That way I didn't have to eat inside, and I could still eat something I chose to eat, rather than unhealthy food in front of me.

Ugh!! I have to get my boss ready for a huge confrence next week, and I just can not get myself motivated to do so!! I better get back to work.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 20, 2010 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hi all how's it going? It's been a good week so far very busy at work but otherwise great.

Nessa, enjoy your trip, I wish I could go too. Hans that is a crazy price to pay for some sneakers. It would probably be worth while to have someone here get you some and mail them to you. I don't know how that would work exactly but if it could be worked out it would be great and that way Nessa could send you some whipped what have you.

I got of pair of the Fila ones at the were at a store called Ross, it is like TJMaxx there stuff is usually pretty reasonable most of the time they are last seasons stuff.

Kelley I think I have a solution to some of your food/schedule issues. I think if you got yourself one of those little lunch box coolers you could make yourself healthy salads and then when you had a break you could maybe step outside to eat. I don't if your markets have individual packets of apples and single serve peanut butter. I have found it is pretty easy to pack a few eggs, a couple pieces of fruit and a snack size bag of veggies. You could eat those while the others are eating the bar food. Since it is in little bags you should be able to put them in you purse or backpack something like that. I would offer other suggestions but you don't eat the foods I eat so it would make it difficult to help out anymore with the food issue.

As far as you getting a little exercise during your day why not try some isometrics. You can do them anywhere. You can do the stomach one which is just sucking your tummy in for a count of ten and then relaxing you can do them. The butt one is basically the same squeeze your buns and then let go, they can be done standing or sitting. For your arms just do concentrated flexing. for your legs while you are standing waiting for the bus or train you can do calf raises. Just alternate standing on your toes on each foot. Wall push up are good too instead of getting on the floor stand about arms length from the wall and then just bend your arms so that it looks like you are going to kiss the wall and then push yourself back for the wall. You can do them on a bathroom break anytime.

That's all I have for now. If I come across anything else I will let you know.

How are the rest of you ladies doing today?

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 20, 2010 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hey ladies!

Kelley: I think all the ladies gave great advice now it's just a matter of applying what they said! (Sometimes that can be the hardest part)

This week has been such a suck week for me. We went to FMIL's house where they just had a pool installed and really enjoyed it but by that night I was sick. (Of course) I put off going to the doctor as long as possible but I finally had to go and he told me I had a sever sinus infection and an ear infection in both ears so from Saturday-today I've been feeling really terrible. I'm on steriods and amoxicillan and I'm exhausted from being sick so I haven't worked out at all. I've indulged in soda and comfort foods because I was feeling so crappy but I'm finally feeling better so hopefully I can start getting my workouts in again.

so thats my week so far. =)

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Posted: May 20, 2010 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

yes, we go to ross, tjmaxx, and then of course kohls. I don't care how much I liked the tennis shoes, I'm not paying 150 for them. ever.

There was a shoes post on here, another thread, justifying a 400 pair of ballet flats. wow. If anyone on here is super into expensive shoes, more power to you, I just know if I spent 400 on a pair DH would be pissed, and I wouldn't blame him. Not that I ever would anyway, but wow.

I'd be happy to send to canada, just don't know how you'd do that.

Kelley, I love drinks, but cannot imagine alcoholic whipped cream. but I only like whipped cream on coffee. where it melts, and I don't actually eat it. hm.... maybe I should try the alcoholic version!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

Posted: May 20, 2010 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I never know what stores are nation wide and which are local or just East Coast. There was a time when my favorite thing to eat was a cheese steak sub. I would get water ice from Rita's and eat tastykakes butterscotch krimpets or coconut juniors. When I went into the Service the places where I was stationed had none of those things. The first time I came home on leave I had them all.

Have any of you heard of any of these things. I know MsD has heard of the cheese steaks. What about the rest of you?

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: May 20, 2010 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

cheestesteak subs, but not the others. nope. sound really good and bad for me though!! :)

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 21, 2010 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

For me it's Vernors. It's a ginger ale soft drink you can get all over Michigan, and many other places (although more expensive than in Michigan). I love that stuff. Makes the best floats.

And deep dish pizza. You cannot get good deep dish pizza outside of Chicago, I swear.

Feeling good. Stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm down to 151.6. Cannot wait to see the 140s again. I've been working out a lot, at least 45 min a day, but it's the eating that's really making me lose weight. I'm watching calories again, and that is what matters, I think.

I've got tons of errands to do this weekend, and tons of work. But I'm happy about it, after feeling like I had nothing to do for entirely too long.

Happy Friday, ladies!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: May 21, 2010 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

OK, ladies, it's a blast from your collective pasts: BrandNewAmy, from...a year and a half ago, maybe?? You might remember me as "New Amy". ;-) An ad brought me to the Bride's site and I just spent some time looking over the old thread and this new one. I am absolutely amazed that y'all are still doing Biggest Loser. And soooo proud of you for keeping it going.

I'm still in Austin, still a paralegal and copyeditor, and I'm still actively involved with dog rescue. DH and I couldn't be happier and are starting to make some improvements to our home. We get a new patio next week! I still keep in touch with Old Amy; she and her husband were married a day before we were.

To sum up my life: "All is great, except my weight." I've gained a disturbing amount of weight since my wedding and I'm only just now getting things back under control. I'm sure you're all in the middle of a BL round, but I'd be up for joining the next one when it starts.

Hope you are all doing well!!! I look forward to getting back to my wedding day weight, and then some.

Cheers,

Not So "New" Amy

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 21, 2010 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

I've fallen and having a hard time getting up!

Someone was asking to post hints for Kelley? SLEEP!! For real, when I find myself tired, exhausted, I find myself eating higher fat & carb foods. I have to get a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night or else I find myself grazing on food all day...so is there anyway that you can catch a nap during the day? I know you said that you have a problem sleeping at night...another suggested is if you have to take hubby to work, put your workout cloths on and hit the gym (if they are opened that early in the am) before going home, the workout is done & you have the rest of the day for what you need to do. I find that it acctually gives me more energy to exercise in the morning.

Amy, my best friend moved to Austin in December! I was down there in April, omg, we had a blast! everything from awsome mexican food, happy hour at The Domain, the 6th Street expierence, and a drive down to the Riverwalk in SanAntonio!! I can't wait to go back!!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 21, 2010 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Rita's is definitely an East Coast thing as my MIL had NO clue what they were! LOL I think it's even more a Northeast thing....And TastyKakes--I got them all the time in PA, they've just now make it into the stores here in Western NY. Of course I now need to avoid them like the plague! For those who don't know they are also known as Zingers elsewhere in the country....

Posted: May 23, 2010 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Oh no Carebear your poor MIL to have spent all those years being deprived like that.

Just checking in for the week, How was everyone's weekend?

Weight 212.6 Points 22

1. Drink 8 glasses of water per day .5x7 =3.5 per week. 3.5
2. No eating after 8 pm .5/3.5 per week 3.5
3. Stick to my meal plan .5/3.5 per week 3.5
4. Walk at least 1 mile per day .5/3.5 per week 3.5
5. Exercise daily 1/7 per week 4
6. No sweets or candy 2pt. week 2
7. Post at least 3x per week 2 pts 2

Proud Member of P.O.O.P, People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Checking in:

Points 19
Weight: 151.6

Weigh in: 2/2
5.5 hours of physical activity: 5.5/5.5
run 7 miles total: 3.5/3.5
Stay withing my calories: 4/7
Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day: 4/7

All's good on the excercise front. Unsuprisingly, it's my diet that lacks discipline. But I'm losing, so I'm feeling pretty good, actually.

This week, switching things up again on account of the holiday weekend, when it will be harder to do some stuff. Still keeping the goals mostly the same, but changing things around a bit to accomadate, less I be met with certain failure.

Weigh In 2/week 2
4 hours of physical activity 4/hour 4
10 miles/week .5/mile 5
Stay within my calories 0.5/day 3.5
drink 48 oz water a day .5/day 3.5
eat 5 fruits/vegetables a week 1/day 7

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine