newly engaged

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

lacylillies Posts : 1 Registered: 5/6/10
newly engaged
Posted: May 6, 2010 11:01 PM

I have been engaged for two week now and on both sides of the family I am not getting much imput they think its great but no one seems to want to even talk about it . I thought we would have a nice dinner and have the families meet and maybe go over some wedding ideas or something but no one is talking about it and when I mention it .. the conversation is changed or not even acknowledged .. I love my future husband dearly but having trouble with our families response

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: newly engaged
Posted: May 21, 2010 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: lacylillies

First off Congrats! I can only imagine how exciting it must be!!

The most important thing to remember is this wedding is about you. All to often you have the strong views from the parents of both the in laws as well your own family which seems to all to often causes a lot of problems. Interestingly enough you dont have that problem just yet.

Because your engagement was so recent, it might be it hasn't settled in yet for everyone?

I would go ahead and book a dinner somewhere, make all the call outs and invites and do it. The ones who want to be there will come. It might be when you see who is really there for you guys and who isnt.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: newly engaged
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: lacylillies

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine