Anyone ever shopped Etsy.com?

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Linda52911 Posts : 5 Registered: 5/19/10
Anyone ever shopped Etsy.com?
Posted: May 19, 2010 4:30 PM

I was browsing a local blog and I saw these gorgeous clutches! http://www.thefabbride.com/2010/04/perfect-pretty-clutches-for-you-and.html

I'd love to get one for me and for my bridesmaids but I've never shopped Etsy before and I'm nervous about buying handmade goods online - my main concerns are if they'll look as good as the picture - I've also been scammed on ebay before so I'm really nervous and I recently read a horror on wedding bee where a girl ordered custom place numbers on etsy and they looked nothing like the pictures.

Is it worth it to try etsy? Have any of you ladies out there had good-luck? Also if Etsy is a bad idea does anyone know any online sites where I can find a set of similar clutches for me and my bridesmaids similar to below? I'd love to bookmark it for a couple months until I'm ready to purchase.

Excuse the long post!

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Re: Anyone ever shopped Etsy.com?
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

I actually ordered all of my wedding invitations from someone on etsy.com and she did an incredible job. She emailed pictures, sent samples, and pretty much did everything she could to make sure I was satisfied. So my one etsy experience was a great one. I don't know if all vendors will be the same. If you really like the clutches, email the designer and find out what her return policy is. That way if you don't like them, you can just send them back.

Good luck!

stylefrills Posts : 2 Registered: 4/28/10
Posted: May 21, 2010 8:48 AM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

I hear a lot of ladies shopping Etsy, its a good source if you have time to sort through all the vendors...sometimes gets tedious! But it sounds like you already found something you love, so go for it...I'm sure you'll be golden!

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: May 21, 2010 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

I. Love. Etsy.

That website is amazing. There are some really talented people out there who simply don't have the means to begin their own businesses, and this is a great medium!

As with any other website (especially eBay), you have to be mindful of quality control. People can rate shops on Etsy, just like buyers can rate sellers on eBay, so you can tell if you are getting good quality or not. But what's great about Etsy is the communication between the seller and the buyer. More often than not, you can order something completely custom made, for the same price!

Definitely give Etsy a shot. I can not stress it enough. *:)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

Etsy is a great resource for your wedding. And on top of being able to get some great hand made stuff, you're helping to support artists. I'm ordering my Maid Of Honor's gift from Etsy, and I have no reservations about doing so.

MOH gift - http://www.etsy.com/listing/46589973/blossoms-on-a-branch-necklace-sterling?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=cherry+blossom+necklace&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes]=tags&includes[=title

PAuLMA Posts : 9 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

We had our wedding card box custom made from there in red/white damask. See pic #14.

We did it!  Pics of our Wedding Day and Honeymoon in Paris.

Moxiebaby Posts : 24 Registered: 6/18/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

I've purchased jewelry from Etsy. There can be tremendous variation in quality, depending on the craftsperson you are working with.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

Sexy Deep Sweetheart with Spaghetti straps Knee-length Organza Cocktail Dress
Save up to 44% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $78.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sexy-deep-sweetheart-with-spaghetti-straps-kneelength-organza-cocktail-dress-p-32631.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine