Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,365 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 18, 2010 8:05 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Kenneys, I'm so sorry the jelly beans attacked you for no good reason - and it's been so long too. If only I had been there I could have lured them away from the Dark Side for you.

Sorry for the late post - I have no excuse

Weight 165.5 1 pound gain I think - I'm hoping it was just water retention from the WE

Points 16.5

Water - 0.5/3.5
Take the stairs @ work - 2.5/2.5
5+ veggies/day - 6/7
Exercise - 1.5/2.5
Posting - 2/2.5
Stay w/in my point limits - 4/7

I'm not doing the best, but I hope I'm getting better. Sort of. At least last night. We had leftovers from the WE. I only had 1 sausage and a bit of potatoes. I let DH have the rest. Which is probably not the best thing either lol! Hopefully me not eating a second sausage is a turning point (at least that is what I'm telling myself )
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: May 18, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I see what you are saying, but my problem is I do not know what to buy to be healthy, and my family is not so hot on whole grains, etc. I do make dinner sometimes, and I always try to incorporate vegetables into said meals.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 18, 2010 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

I didn't switch to whole grains, really. I went to biggest loser web site and pulled some recipes I thought looked interesting. Tehre are other websites like that too. And I just made things like that, that were less fatty, less high calorie. More chicken, pork or fish, less red meats, etc. You'd be surprised what a difference that can make and a lot of them were really good recipes. If they don't know it's healthy, until after they eat it, and it's good sometimes you can make huge changes. It worked with my husband anyway.

Now, I'm still not losing weight and I still gained weight back, but it does work.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 18, 2010 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

www.allrecipes.com also has a recipe section for healthy recipes! I didn't do the whole grain thing necessarily either--just shooting for "balanced meals" and no sugary snacking. By balanced I mean using the half plate idea where half the plate is veggies, 1/4 of it lean meat or protein, and 1/4 starchy. That was the one thing I learned at the nutritionist they're making me see. BTW--Cyndi--if those sneakers really seem to make a difference let me know, PLEASE!! I can't seen spending the $$ without seeing they work!
And--great news--the jeans I could not wear ALL school year--I'm wearing them!!! And I can BREATHE in them!!! And this is BEFORE surgery!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: May 18, 2010 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

I will! They are comfortable at least. Also, get them from Kohls!! THat way, they are on sale. Everything is on sale. I didn't care really which brand, but I got the Avia ones.

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 18, 2010 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

my aunt bought a pair of those shoes and she loves them. as for me, I think they look strange and I could never wear them. besides they dont coordinate well with my outfits lol

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 18, 2010 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Thanks ladies! At the moment I can't walk enough to justify them (darn knee) but as the weight comes off and I'm able to do more walking I will certainly look into them more! For now it's water walking, with my crocs on so I don't rupture a tendon again!! I can't wait until school's out so I can focus on ME and get some more of this weight off!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 19, 2010 8:15 AM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Care that's awesome about the jeans! I can't remember (or maybe you didn't say), when is your surgery?

I think I missed something about these shoes, what are they? Although you probably can't get them in Canada.

Ooh, speaking of not getting stuff in Canada (and not that this is good for the BL thread), but has anyone seen something called Whipped Lightning? It's alcohol "whipped cream", or I guess it's more just like whipped alcohol. They don't sell it here and nobody will ship it here and I am very sad about it. lol!

Ok, back on track. Yesterday was another good day food wise. Just a small bbq chicken breast, cauliflower and a bit of rice for supper. I managed to not dip into my 35 extra WW points (which lately I have been using up by the Tuesday or Wednesday of any given week). I fear I will be using some of them today though. DH's dinner idea is schnitzel, yummy but not so good for the points.
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 19, 2010 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Im confused. Why on earth would anyone need or want alcoholic whipped cream? That seems really bizarre to me lol. Then again Im not a big drinker but that really sounds weird. Why wouldnt you just have a drink? And speaking of drinking, if beer and alcohol in general have so many damn calories, then how come Im the only one who doesnt drink of my friends ,generally speaking, yet Im the fat one? I know its my food choices, but my point is, some of thepeople I know go out NIGHTLY and drink .... a lot ...and yet they are in great shape. Last night went out with two old college guy buds of mine, was a lot of fun, we all ate diinner...I had a turkey burger... and then they drank about 4 beers each, Ihad diet coke. And whose the fat one? Me. And I know they dont work out either. Stupid men. I hate them. lol.

Doing a show Sat night with headliner Judy Gold, Im really excited, anyone who doesnt know who she is, shes a pretty big well known comedian and me and one other comic are her opening act in the city for this show.

Those who have suggested bringing food with me to these comedy clubs etc, yeah, thats definately not allowed. Cant bring in outside food. and I cant be making demands and stuff on what I will and wont eat, Im not Mariah Carey lol. For real though, I dont want to be seen as difficult, if tehy are giving us free food, lots of times tehy just put stuff out on the comics table and say "here, its on the house" or theyll bring out pitchers of cokes and water for us during the show and some nachos or potato skins or something like that. So, my only option really is to try my best to eat BEFORE I get there and eat well and healthy. The problem is that sometimes that is possible and other times its really not, because Im out all day beforehand on the road,or on trains etc..... I can bring fruit and nuts and small things, but sometimes eating a meal is really hard which is why I get starving by the time its late night and Im at these clubs.

I have been walking a lot more around the neighborhood, and next week I start teaching my summer classes which is just one class, tues,wed,thur on long island. Im done at 1230pm and usually home by 2pm. So my plan will be on those 3 days, go straight to the gym from campus before coming home, and do my swimming, this way Ill be guaranteed at least those 3days, then try like crazy to get a 4th and 5th day in somewhere in the week. Every week I have a different schedule so I just need to sort of play it by ear.

I definately need to change my points, they dont workwith this new lifestyle, just dont know what to change them to. Its so eratic its hard to even have the same points week to week.

Care,congrats to you and when is the surgery? Im really interested in hearing about your journey with this, if you find it worth it, if its really really hard afterwards to control your discipline,etc. Ive never known anyone who has had it thatI could ask this stuff to...

MsD I keep thinkin to myself, holy sh*t SELF!, if you dont get on the ball here, youre going to be sittin in that theatre with all those annoying-ass women watching stupid MrBig and Carrie and their dumb marital woes ....... I will NOT let that happen. So your little challenge is working, at least mentally lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: May 19, 2010 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Mrs hf, the shoes are suppose to increase your workout from walking. They look odd on the shelf, not really after I put them on, but I don't have big feet, might be more noticeable in a larger size? They ARE comfortable, arch support is great. I got avimotion, the avia variety. I think reebok makes them too, and skeechers (but I thought those looked more strange)\

I don't wear sneakers everyday, mostly, I wear flipflops! But, will wear these walking with DH, or doing my cardio tapes, or the elliptical. The ones I got are pink and white, so they do match my stuff it's just I don't ordinarily wear sneakers unless it is to go walking, or to workout.

However, since I got them from kohls they were really not much more than other sneakers there. I paid 70, and I know that a friend who got them around christmas paid over a 100, which I would not pay. I needed new sneakers anyway, working out, cardio stuff, wears them out!

Kelley, I've got nothing for you. I don't know how to incorporate your schedule, and their free food, etc, with weight loss and your points!! I know that I need routine in order to do my workouts right, or eat right, and so hopefully someone more creative (um, like ms d??) will have some suggestions.

Care, that's great about the jeans!!! ALL of mine are tight and I'm just continuing to procrastinate.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 19, 2010 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yeah, Kel, I'm kinda hoping you fail cause I'm really looking forward to your SATC review! Maybe you can explain to me why they are riding camels!

I think at least one of your goals should be to practice healthy snacking and drink more water. Try kennys water w/ fruit thing, practice maybe 3-5 times a day you eat a piece of fruit and 8 oz of water. There's fruit all over New York -- I've seen those little stands. Also, I am familiar with that comedian, and I'm so happy for you!

Cyndi, I'm anxious to learn about those sneakers too.

As for me, feeling good. Doing a lot of excercise. I cannot wait for my pants to fit again.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 19, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Hey ladies!!

Wow my brain is already on vacation!!!

Cyndi~ I may have missed it, but I didn't see an actual weigh in and points for you this week. Did I over look it?

Kelly~ I am so looking forward to your review of SATC!!! I am not sure about how to go about eaing in your situation, I agree you don't want to be a diva and be difficult...and it doesn't sound like you can just order off the menu... I am sure some resolution can be made though....

So I still need points for Lin

As of right now points are;
Kenny's in first with 23
Rebecca and I are tied in second with 22
JuJu in third with 20
MsD is in fourth with 15.5
Hans is in fifth with 16.5
Lil roo is in sixth with 9
ANd Kelly is in seventh with a fitting 7 points....

Weight;
Rebecca is in first with a 2 pound loss and 1.61% lost from last week
MsD is in second with a 1.6 pound loss and 1.03% lost since last week
Kelly is in third with a 2 pound loss and down .87% from last week
Kenny's is in fourth with a .8 pound loss and .37% from last week
Juju, myself, and Lilroo are tied for 5th with no loss
and Hans is in 6th with a 1 pound gain and .61% gained

So I will be gone next week...We leave on Saturday. I have internet at the hotel, but I don't know if I will be taking the time to sit at a public computer but I will try to check in. I will post results when I return to work (where my spreadsheet is) on the second of June...

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 19, 2010 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Yeah thats whats really tough is that with these comedy clubs,bars,etc, the owners are basically being nice by offering comics some food,drink,soda while we are there to perform. Usually it works like this: the comics all sit together, at a comedy table, where we wait to go onstage. So, during the night, depending on the club and how cool they are, they will bring over pitchers of soda, water, and some places will give us food, usually apps like chicken fingers,skins, mozz sticks, nachos. You dont order it, they just bring it over to our table and we all kinda share stuff and grab. So, not only can I not order anything (Id have to pay full price and I cant afford that, this is all free), but I also have to have AMAZING discipline to NOT eat all of my favorite things which are all there for me on a bigass table. ITS NOT EASY. Its free. Its fried. And did I mention its free? And Im starving? so, the ONLY way to help combat this, is to be less hungry when arriving to the club. Sometimes I can do that, other times not. Depends on the day. But Im just going to have to make sure I get workouts in, and drink water, and carry fruit with me and trial mix and shit like that....and whenever possible, eat healthy meals before doing a gig, at home.

I truly believe Im a food addict, esp. with carbs and sugar. And just like people who cannot turn down alcohol, its soooo tough to turn down food that I CRAVE when its IN MY FACE like that. Its like taking someone who loves to drink and putting them in a bar and saying here, have as many drinks as you want, for free. And by the way, youre stuck here in this bar for the next 3hrs while all the comics perform and you await your set. IT SUCKS. Tell me how easy itd be for you all that love your wine and margaritas etc, to sit there and not drink them lol.

Not sure if I posted this in the past, cant remember, but heres my review of the FIRST Sex and the City movie lol. I never actually SAW the film, but I was asked to come on a friends podcast and read this as a sort of mock-angry-review ........ this is the type of angry sarcasm and hatre you can expect, should i be forced to watch the 2nd film......... Enjoy.

SEX AND THE CITY REVIEW

by Kelley Lynn

Yes girlzz!!! Get out those Minola Blanks and line up at your favorite theatre, cuz those wacky bunch o gals are finally here! Thats right. Sex and the City is now playing, and this particular female DOESNT CARE. Guess what? I hate Sex and the City. Hate the show. Hate the characters. Hate the concept. The only thing worse than a bunch of geeks and nerds dressed up as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker waiting outside for 48hours to see Star Wars; is a bunch of pathetic whores dressed to the nines in their stupid heels; sipping their stupid Cosmos discussing whether or not Carrie will finally marry Mr Big. Who gives a rats ass? First of all, Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a foot. Yeah I said it. A foot. Well actually, the dad on Family Guy said it and I laughed for a good 10minutes because its true. Maybe thats what the film should have been about. What if your face looked like a foot? How would you live? Would you get confused putting on your sneakers? I would go see that movie. Anyway..Im also convinced that Samantha is a transexual....whats up with her voice? who talks like that? She sounds like shes got a big C in her mouth...yes I siad it. A C. You dont have to bleep it, its a letter. She has a letter C ...in her mouth. which is ALL she talks ABOUT on that show.."he had some funky tasting spunk." That was an actual line from this brilliant show. No friend of mine would EVER say something like that and be serious. Cmon. And I love how because Im female, Im just supposed to adore and love these women, and love this film. If the media asks one more time, "Which SATC girl are You?" I might have to throw my TV out the window. Which would make me most like Miranda; cuz shes the "quirky funny, not that cute" one. No. Which girl am I? Im the fifth girl. The one that would walk over to those four shallow lame women as they sit in some trendy nyc cafe having brunch and bonding over phony, over the top, would never happen female conversation .. and Id say, "Excuse me, but who ARE you people? Are you supposed to represent female friendships? Because I gotta tell ya, my friendships are nothing like this. In fact, I wouldnt be friends with any of you people. You suck." And then Id walk away in my sweatpants that I got on sale at Target; my Walmart shirt, and my purse, on Clearance at Conway.

Id like to end this review by saying that I didnt see the movie. But I can tell you my wish for a perfect ending to it. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte are all walking hand in hand down a nyc street. Laughing, giggling, exchanging unfunny quips and anecdotes. WHen suddenly, out of nowhere, a giant Safe falls on their head, killing them instantly. Cue crappy SATC music. The end.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: May 19, 2010 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Pretty funny Kelley!! I can't wait to read your review of the new one after you've actually watched it. I think you should have to rent the first one to get all the background before you go to the new one. And for that matter, you should watch the whole series on DVD before that. :)

Care--awesome about your jeans!! Way to go.

Posted: May 19, 2010 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nope, we get to dump a week, right? I didn't keep track, I know I sucked, and my weight is 156, still. I will go back and calculate if I need to, but I know I did super lousy.

MsD, I saw the director or producer, I forget cause I don't care, on Daily Show. He is friends with Stewart. They are riding camels cause they filmed in morocco. He talked about it, and that's what I got out of it.

If we don't get to dump a week, put me down for 7 points. and no weight loss. I am doing better, much, this week. I knew last week would be awful. I worked 7-10pm almost each night, and we had pizza delivery twice!!

Kelley, I'm not gonna tell you how easy it would be, because it wouldn't be, I'd have a margarita or a glass of wine. For sure.

So we have 3 movies from net flix, time to watch 1. Which is better, Avatar, the messenger or Sherlock HOlmes?

I agree, Kelley should have to watch teh SERIES before the movie, if she loses the challenge (I forget what that was)

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine