When will he propose?!

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
When will he propose?!
Posted: May 17, 2010 9:25 PM

Most of you waiters out there have hints to go off of. IM convos, finding the hidden ring, eavesdropping, hearing it through the grapevine, etc. I only know he will get the ring and propose sometime this year! We agreed that we want to get married next June and I have this policy that I don't want to be engaged for longer than a year. Does that mean he'll propose in June? Will he wait longer? He knows I have already started planning lol Our anniversary isn't until November so I hope he doesn't wait that long! Oh how I wish I had something to go off of.... yet I want to be surprised... Anyone else having this dilemma?

steeno527 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/20/10
Re: When will he propose?!
Posted: May 18, 2010 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

I have the same dilemma! Almost identical. My only difference is that my bf knows I want to be engaged for more than a year and we've talked about getting married in Spring 2012, so we've discussed getting engaged sometime this year. However, my bf seems to get antsy whenever I bring up the topic. Our anniversary is in October, and like you, I don't think I can wait that long! I'm driving myself craaaaaazy wondering all of the time!

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: steeno527

Hey ladies I'm right there with you. I know FH is planning to propose sometime this year, but the wait, o the wait. We have been talking about marriage forever, around 11 months of being together we started talking about getting married. We've been together almost 4 1/2 years now, and I'm ready to get married. I think he is waiting for us to move in together (which will be happening at the end of this month or early next month). I just hope it happens before our 5 year anniversary in January. He's really good at keeping secrets so I don't think I'll be able to notice any clues. But I don't mind the suprise. Just hope it is soon. Our wedding is planned for July 29, 2012.

Lovetolaugh06 Posts : 11 Registered: 6/6/10
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Hey ladies...I am in the same exact boat as you. I have been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now, and we have talked about marriage, and we even have a potential date set for sometime in July of 2012 for the wedding. I have one year of school left, and then I will have my first year of teaching in 2011. I want about 2 years to plan the wedding because I will not have much time otherwise. But I think he may be getting really close to proposing...and I want to see if these may be any signs. First of all, he got my ring finger sized about 2 different times in the past year. He keeps telling me that he is going to propose next year, but I think he may be saying that to throw me off because he is all about suprising me. Also, the other day I was in my room with him and he got a phone call and I saw the number. The number is to a jewler, and he stepped outside for like 5-10 minutes and then acted like nothing happened (which is odd, and he did not know that I knew it was the number to the jewler where he got my necklace at). Then yesterday he told me that he had to do some things for his mom and that he couldn't hang out with me in the morning, but instead he would hang out with me in the afternoon (and he normally always wants to know if I want to hang out with him when he does stuff like that). So when he came over yesterday afternoon, he talked to my mom outside for a little bit which he never really does. Also, he was on the computer and told me to come look at something, and it was an engagement ring. He asked me what I thought of it and I told him that I loved it and he seemed happy (so that might be the ring he is getting me)....so I am hoping it is soon but I have know idea if he is going to or not. I am trying not to drive myself crazy over this by keeping myself occupied with homework and such, but it is hard not to at the same time! What do you all think?
"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." Mark Twain Edited by: Lovetolaugh06 on Jun 6, 2010 5:16 PM

Edited by: Lovetolaugh06 on Jun 6, 2010 5:17 PM

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: Lovetolaugh06

I thought I had been waiting a long time but waw, 3.5 years! those stupid men are really working on their own timeline eh! geeeesh! I am also waiting for my boyfriend to propose. We have been together for a year and 2 months now but we talked about marriage 6 months into it.

They are such incredible men, lets keep sticking together ladies! we can stick together through the agony :D

Lovetolaugh06 Posts : 11 Registered: 6/6/10
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

HamzicBride: Yeah...3.5 years but we started dating when I was 18, almost 19 so the first couple of years I did not want to get engaged just because I wanted to get closer to being done with school, but now I am ready to be engaged!!!!! (Just like you). I really hope it comes soon for me and you because like you said, the wait is agonizing!!! After everything my boyfriend has done in the past few days make me believe it is going to (hopefully) be this year, and not next year because he knows I want about 2 years to plan everything. I wish you luck!!!!
"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." Mark Twain

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Lovetolaugh06

Mine proposed when we had been together for about 4.5 years.

That's when it was right for him and I knew it would happen eventually so I was OK with that. I had NO idea he was going to propose. It was awesome.

So try not to nag - it's worth the wait!!

LesAnn Posts : 2 Registered: 6/15/10
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 1:50 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

I'm going on six and a half years of waiting. We started dating when I was 18 and he was 19. We met freshman year of college. Now we've graduated, moved 700 miles away from home together, bought our first place together and established our careers. I think it'll happen sometime soon. I just try to think I'm only 24 -- nowhere near an old maid. I've got some time.

It gets frustrating when I think about it too much but I love him and he's a wonderful person. He's just super responsible and likes to make sure he has everything he needs to take care of us before making large purchases. (He was able to save $20K in two years to put a down payment on our condo.)

I think the thing that sucks most is I'm going to be a bridesmaid for the first time this summer. In my mother's (fourth!) wedding. Haha. Awesome. This sounds more depressing as I go on, so I'll cut myself off now. Ha!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine