Buying online fears

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Chazana Posts : 5 Registered: 5/16/10
Buying online fears
Posted: May 16, 2010 12:30 AM

I love the Casa Blanca 1827 dress. I first came across the dress at a rental shop. To rent cost me $250. I decided to research and see how much it would be if I bought it. What I've found online is I can purchase the dress anywhere fromm $199 - $800. That is a big price difference. Why would others sell for way less and others not? Can anyone recommend a honest and reputable online bridal shop?

Thanks

time94am Posts : 42 Registered: 5/16/10
Re: Buying online fears
Posted: May 16, 2010 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: Chazana

You have an excellent question. The only thing I can suggest is that if the website gives no physical address and no telephone number, I'd stay far away from it. It's also possible that somewhere in the fine print, it states that the dress is "like" the specific model, which of course, means that it's a fake. One more option is to check out the name of any store or website with the Better Business Bureau.

PS -- I just checked out the dress in a search, and the price variations are definitely suspicious. One of the more expensive prices was from Best Bridal Prices. I've never heard of them before now, but compare their website with that of Dress Times. The former has a physical address and store and phone number, which can easily be verified by BBB or some other agency. The website from Dress Times looks very bare, with absolutely no information about the business. Just my personal opinion, but I would not at all feel comfortable ordering from them. It also looks like they operate from overseas.

Wait! look at the FAQ from Dress Times. All their dresses are replicas. I knew it. I wouldn't touch 'em with a ten-foot pole. They "promise" that their dresses will be more than 90% similar to the original product. Forget it.

Best wishes!

Edited by: time94am on May 16, 2010 7:52 PM

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 17, 2010 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: Chazana

They're making knockoff dresses. So you aren't getting the real dress. Many are also overseas. I would NOT order from them. Have you searched ebay or craigslist for that dress? Sometimes people sell their dresses on those sites. Of course, it would have been worn once, but who would need ot know that?

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: May 18, 2010 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: Chazana

What about sites like Preowned Bridal, or Bravo Brides, or Wedding Planning Advice (.net) They all have used or sometimes new dresses....?

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: Chazana

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4913 is just $449.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine