Tiffany Legacy Engagement Ring

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 61

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: Tiffany Legacy Engagement Ring
Posted: May 17, 2010 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Personally I also believe spending $44K on a ring is absurd. At 21 years old there is so much else you could do with that money. Buy something not Tiffany and you could have an amazing ring and money towards something else - a new car, down payment on a house, your wedding, etc. This is my opinion - unless you're a heiress don't spend $44K on a damn ring.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TrustLove Posts : 73 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: May 17, 2010 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

WoostaBride thank you for responding without attacking me . I really appreciate your understanding. My FH and I had originally planned on paying for the wedding ourselves (since we were going to be the only ones attending and it was going to be a very casual wedding) and that's why the budget was so low. Since then we have saved up more money from work and my parents are generously going to help pay for our wedding (which allows us to put money towards thing like my e-ring,etc) and part of the engagement ring (their offer on both). FH and I are moving intogether at the end of May and already have our cars. I understand that the majority of 21 years olds do not have such luxuries and I am extremely grateful for our good fortune and family support (emotionally and financially).

On a side note I would like to say that I'm done with my SATs (long time ago) and I'm definately not trying to take part in some high school bs. I am actually graduating from my undergrad program a year early and will be starting a 5 year intensive Master/Doctorate Psychology program in late August.

I don't appreciate basically being called a liar, because people have a misunderstanding of my life. I don't worry about all the technical stuff on this website which might explain all the weird location stuff. But as I said before in my actual post I never mention all those wedding locations. I will try to fix this problem so that it can no longer be used to accuse me of lieing, etc. If someone knows how to fix it please let me know (as I just noticed it has put another absurd location under my wedding location, during this post). I come on here to get advice (when asked for) and help with my future wedding. It's extremely immature in my opinion to attack someone without knowing the facts. I know that I can google the ring and look at pictures but I wanted to see actual pictures and hear owner's opinions of the ring. I am sure you are all extremely nice women and I find it unfortunate that this discussion took this turn. Hope everyone has a great night, and next time please don't be so quick to judge.

Edited by: TrustLove on May 17, 2010 10:02 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 18, 2010 2:03 AM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Every kiss begins with Kay.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

time94am Posts : 42 Registered: 5/16/10
Posted: May 18, 2010 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

I don't worry about all the technical stuff on this
website which might explain all the weird location stuff.

It wasn't technical at all and was rather well explained in a way that any person of average intelligence could understand. There are no new locations that you mention -- only the dozen or so locations given in your
previous posts (again, it isn't what you tag or what your profile currently says; it's what the profiles on your various posts state). You seem to ignore the
obvious that everyone else can see.

I know that I can google the ring and look at pictures
but I wanted to see actual pictures.

You expected images that someone would share with you via
this forum or even through personal message or e-mail to be different from other pictures on the internet? Makes no sense.

You're digging yourself deeper each time
you post.

Listen, we're all human, and whether we'll admit it or not, we all fib or exaggerate from time to time. However, when you're caught, just drop it. Your posts don't make sense, and it's been explained why they don't. If you really cannot understand what's being said and why, then you most likely have a basic comprehension problem, for which you should seek immediate help.

Edited by: time94am on May 18, 2010 2:49 PM

Leslie14 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/18/10
Posted: May 18, 2010 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: time94am

Hi all, I have been lurking for a long time, and this is my first time posting. I have been meaning to start posting, and I finally felt compelled to respond to the following:

"Five years does not sound intensive at all. Very generally, it takes
two years to get a
master's degree and then two years beyond that to get a doctorate. Of
course, there are exceptions. However to call a five-year plan
"intensive" stretches the imagination."

I don't want to totally derail the thread, but this is entirely false. Most doctorate programs (which are often combined master/doctorate--you get an MA/MS, then sometimes an MPhil, then a PhD) are at LEAST five years. I am not an expert on psychology programs, but in the humanities, six years is the norm and many people take much longer. Please don't call a five-year doctoral program non-instensive. It is 5-6+ years of non-stop intensity.

Edited by: Leslie14 on May 18, 2010 2:45 PM

Posted: May 18, 2010 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: Leslie14

Thanks, Leslie. I stand corrected. That didn't seem to be the case just a few years ago, and I know several who have recently completed doctorates within four years, but perhaps those are exceptions. I've edited out the information in the post.

We do live and learn, and I appreciate what you said.

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: May 18, 2010 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Here's some perspective as to why it's just a little hard to understand....and I am not doing this whatsoever for bragging purposes...I just want to try to understand...

My engagement ring and my wedding band cost a little bit shy of what that Tiffany ring costs. My fiance is a mortgage broker, and owns 3 condos and a 3 family house as investment properties. At the time he purchased my engagement ring he also had $10,000 in stocks that he planned on using toward my ring. He planned (and saved) for this purchase for close to six months. He paid up front while my ring was being created in 2 installments (we have a close relationship with this jewlery store). So, he has a good job, great investments that make money, and the stock money to boot, and this purchase still was a huge deal that he had to save for and make sacrafices for for a long time before it could be possible. Knowing this, it's just really hard to understand how you guys would be able to do it with the situation that you are saying that you are in. Having your parents there to support you monetarily doesn't really change my thoughts on the subject because I too am an only child with full financial support for my wedding from my parents .....and to tell the truth, I have had it for all of my life, so I have been really fortunate as well. That doesn't mean I would be able to afford a ring of that caliber though. My fiance has not had financial help from his parents since he was 18. He is now 32.....he bought the ring, I did not.
I went to school and received my degree in counseling psychology and am now working as a therapist, so I get the whole school thing that you are talking about.....that aside, can you see how the ring thing can be a bit confusing and difficult to imagine?
Either that, or I want that job that you have!! :)

Posted: May 18, 2010 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: time94am

I have to agree. A doctorate in 4 years is close to, if not impossible. Here is the breakdown of my schooling. Undergrad degree in 4 years, graduate degree in couseling psychology in a little over 2 years (had to a little time off due to illness), completion of a post-masters CAGS certificate program in a little over a year (Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies), and 3800 hours of clinical internship before I could sit for the licensing exam (just around 2 years A doctoral degree would require about 2-3 years of coursework, a dissertation and an additional 1500 hours of internship. This is how it works in my state, but that just gives you a better idea of the breakdown and the horrendous amount of time this damn degree takes to get!!

Posted: May 18, 2010 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I see how it could be a bit confusing. I mentioned briefly in my last post, but I'm not sure if it was clear. My dad offered to help my FH pay for my e-ring of my dreams. We did not ask him to pay he offered, and we took him up on the offer. So with the help of my parents, and our savings we are able to get the ring.

On a side note, WoostaBride, can you tell me a little bit about your job as a therapist. It is always good to hear from other people in the field. I'm going to grad school for clinical community psychology. The masters is received enroute to the doctorate. Break Down: 2 years for masters, 2 years for doctorate, and 1 year internship . My second and third year I will be doing practicum (1500 required), fourth year I will be doing my dissertation and fifth year internship (another 1500 required). The program requires 3000 hours total.

Edited by: TrustLove on May 18, 2010 7:55 PM

Posted: May 18, 2010 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

Ok, well that makes a bit more sense then.

I am an LMHC (licensed mental health counselor), and I work with my father at his private practice. We also have two other therapists, a psychiatrist, a nurse practitioner and a learning center (tutors, school help, etc.) within our facility. I graduated with a concentration in child and adolescents, and about 80% of my clients fall into this category. I also teach social skills group for kids on the autism spectrum, ADHD and behavioral disorders. My philosophy is that great kids begin with great parenting, so I work closely with the parents or guardians of the children I see to teach them the crucial skills that begin in the home in regards to child behavior and development. It's a culmination of intense familial work, coupled with work in therapy that makes for the best results. I love what I do. The rewards of the job are worth the difficult situations that we often have to deal with. Goodluck to you!

Posted: May 18, 2010 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Wow that is absolutely amazing. My ultimate goal is to take the licensing test and become a licensed clinical psychologist and open my own private practice. I want to work with children, adolescence and women who have experienced domestic and sexual violence/assault. I also want to start some programs in local schools dealing with these issues. Do you have any advice? Do you know the process of opening your own private practice after you are licensed?

Posted: May 18, 2010 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

So let's see if we get this straight -- your previous budget of $10,000 just over a year ago has now blown to unlimited (and you, fiance, and your parents will be the only people in attendance, which is what you stated in a previous post) and now your dad suddenly gives you nearly $50,000 (combined with all the money from those parttime jobs that require nothing but a high school diploma) for only the ring, and you have amnesia about all the dozen locations you listed as you wrote previous posts?

Pseudologia fantastica. You've got it down pretty pat, I'd say.

Posted: May 18, 2010 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: time94am

I'm really getting sick of this b/s. So let me just make everything crystal clear for everyone. Yes our original budget was 10,000, with no contribution from parents at the time. We were going to be the only two at our wedding and didnt see any purpose for my parents to pay for a wedding they wouldn't even be attending. Times change, situations change, etc. . Since then we have realized that we do want my parents in attendance and they will be the only ones, other than FH and I there. We are going to Rome for our wedding because FH and I want to start traveling and we thought having a destination wedding and honeymoon would also make a great travel experience. Never did we want a big wedding, when were thinking of inviting more people a couple years back it was going to be less than 50 people, but we realized that we only wanted those super close and important to us there, and as of now, and doubt this will change, we only want my parents there. I don't want to spend a load of money on a wedding dress I will only wear one day, and we are planning to get married at the hotel we plan to stay at, in one of their smaller more private restaurants. Money never really has been an issue for my family, it was my decision to be
on a tight budget as I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one day, even if it was my wedding day. However I see my e-ring as an investment, something I will wear for the rest of my life and pass down through our future family. I do not see anything wrong on spending money on something that will last forever and can be passed through generations. I know I could get a similiar ring somewhere else, but I am Tiffany girl, I get almost all my jewelry there and don't see why I wouldn't get my e-ring and wedding band and FH's wedding band from there as well. Before my father offered to help FH with paying for the ring we were going with a little smaller carat size, we uped the carat size, which my father agreed with when he offered to help pay. As for all the location problems, I found that my settings for location was set on any region, I have clicked the box to keep it from showing in the future, since it was causing so many complications and problems. I never changed the settings when I became a member, and if you read my actual post, not where it says my community name and location, you will see I never wrote anything about those locations. I hope that has cleared up everything for people who think I have a psychological problem of lieing.

Posted: May 18, 2010 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: TrustLove

I am Tiffany girl, I get almost all my jewelry there

It would seem to any logical person that going there directly to get a size comparison would be superior to looking at scanned pictures in an internet thread, especially since you're a frequent shopper, which may explain your earlier budget woes.

The "region" explanation doesn't get much simpler than it was explained -- multiple times.

You story is so full of loopholes that you're drowning from the leakage.

Posted: May 18, 2010 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: time94am

Like I said I have already fixed the location problem last night. I really don't need to keep explaining myself to you, I really could care less about what you say, there are no loopholes in my story and I'm only still checking this thread for advice in the field of psychology (my future career) from one of the posters.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine