So frustrated!

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

greenie101 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/14/10
So frustrated!
Posted: May 14, 2010 3:50 PM

So here's the story. My boyfriend and I have been discussing marriage for several months now. Since February, he's been telling me he's going to propose "sooner rather than later." A few days ago, he went to my parents and asked their permission to marry me, but told them, and me, that he was going to wait a few months to propose. Why would he do this? What's the point in going to my parents months before actually proposing? Now I have to deal with my mother trying to make wedding plans, which I can't get really excited about doing, or feel comfortable discussing with her, until we're officially engaged.

But then, he booked us 2 nights with breakfast in bed in a nice hotel for this weekend. A friend of mine told me that this particular hotel specializes in setting up romantic marraige proposals at the restaurant at the hotel. So now I'm thinking that he's trying to throw me off by making me think it's not coming right away, but that he's really going to do it this weekend. But then I don't want to get my hopes up, because if it doesn't happen I'll have a hard time masking my disappointment. I'm trying hard not to be the kind of girl pushing her boyfriend to propose, but at this point, he talks about it all the time, my parents and my siblings know he's planning on doing it, and the waiting is driving me crazy! I just want to be able to officially announce it and start celebrating and planning!

We're leaving for the hotel in a few hours, and I'm so anxious I can barely stand it. HELP!

We're leaving for the

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: So frustrated!
Posted: May 14, 2010 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: greenie101

Relax and try to have a good time! Enjoy your weekend and keep us posted! Even if he doesnt propose, at least he planned a nice romantic evening for the two of you.

Lilypie - (8e8A)

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: greenie101

So...did he propose?

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: May 18, 2010 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: greenie101

Did he propose? any news??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!