Period & Wedding Day

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 21

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Period & Wedding Day
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: tayseedoogs

I ended up with my period on my wedding day! unknowingly!! I just brought extra tampons with me & changed them before the reception started and during the reception. I had no cramps (or the alcohol killed them), and I had spandax on to control the bloating.

heab910 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/29/09
Posted: May 12, 2010 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: tayseedoogs

As someone else mentioned you can always choose a day that you know you will not have it that is if yours is regular and you aren't on the pill like me Although, I planned it that way and a few months later my cycle shifted from a clockwork 28 days to clockwork 26 day cycles so now i am due to have it ON my wedding day. Boo!! anyway, just hope for the best...and make sure you keep that midol on hand.

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: May 13, 2010 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: heab910

Unfortunately my cycles are very irregular. So far this year I have had a period Jan 12, Mar 23, and May 7. It was more of the same last year. I truly never know when I'm going to get my period. I can no longer take BCP because of blood clotting problems, so that option is out. So I guess I'll just have to hope I don't get it until right after the honeymoon. For the PP who has trouble with BCP due to migraines: I know you posted a long time ago, but I also had horrible migraines when I was on the pill. My doctor figured out that I was only getting them while on the placebo pills, so she told me to only take those every 3 months. I would go 3 months without a period (yay!), and I didn't get migraines. She said that I was basically getting the migraines due to estrogen withdrawal while on the placebos. So if you haven't yet decided to go back on BCP ( I see that we're date twins!) you may be able to still talk to your doc about this.

As for me, my periods are irregular due to PCOS, and I also have endometriosis (so my periods are extremely painful), so I'm more worried about my cycle being thrown off again and causing me to be on my period the day of the wedding and during the honeymoon. I'm barely able to walk while I'm on my period! There's really nothing I can do to stop it though, because I can't take anything that releases hormones. I am having a laparoscopy on 5-18 so hopefully that will take care of the pain aspect.

time94am Posts : 42 Registered: 5/16/10
Posted: May 16, 2010 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: tayseedoogs

I sympathize completely with the cramps and bloating. I'd be a realist and have ibuprofen (or whatever, if anything, you take) plus pads with you for the whole day. In fact, even if you don't have your period by the time you put on your gown, you still may want to wear a light pad just "in case."

On a positive note, quite often when an exciting or stressful event occurs, our bodies produce hormones that will delay the flow for just a bit (which can produce anxieties all by itself). Of course, that can't be counted on.

Linda52911 Posts : 5 Registered: 5/19/10
Posted: May 19, 2010 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

UgH I'm in the same dilemma. I'm seriously considering gettingon BC to avoid having a period on my wedding day. I have major cramps and It would totally ruin my mood :((

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Linda52911

I planned my wedding day and honeymoon around my period. I used a period calculator online to predict when I would start. It's very handy. To those of you who have irregular periods, consider doing some things to help regulate your body and your peiod schedule. Drink lot sof water, exercise, stay away from sweets when possible, and get on the pill. Most towns have health facilities that will give you free or close to free birth control pills. You may have to try a few different brands to find what works for you. If at first you don't succeed, try a birth control pill with a low hormone level.

http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/whencalcct.jsp?calctype=mp

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: May 26, 2010 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I have PCOS, and nothing except the pill has ever been able to regulate my cycle. And unfortunately I can't go on the pill (even a low dose or the mini pill) because of clotting problems. Some of us are just unlucky I guess!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine