Cucumbers

Online Users: 1,270 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Cucumbers
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 8:00 AM

I've been reading online about the health advantage of cucumbers and I am curious to know if anyone here has used cucumbers before for their facial health. I have dark circles under my eyes and I read that cucumbers over the eyes are supposed to help with that. I am wondering, do any of you know how many times a week I should put them over my eyes for? My wedding is in about 5 months and I am hoping to get rid of my dark circles. Should I use the cucumbers once a week, every day, months a month? Also, I've been reading about homemade facial masks treatments and I'm having a ‘at home spa party' for my bridesmaids in September and I am wondering do any of you have a favorite facial mask recipe that you have used before and would like to share. I'm thinking of doing a cucumber mask at the party and maybe perhaps once a week or something from now until wedding day.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Re: Cucumbers
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Oooooh I love at home masks! What type of skin do you have??

About the cucumbers - Im not a big believer but I have yet to find somethinig that really truly works as a natural remedy. I also heard the enzymes in raw potato slices help as well just FYI if you wanted to give it a try. But I dont think there's a limit as to how often you can use it. Just go with how you feel your eyes are handling it so as long as theyre not feeling itchy, irritated, etc - feel free to use daily! :)

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I guess I have "normal" skin on my face. It's not too dry or oily. However, my legs and hands are DRY. I wonder if I can put the facial mask on my hands and legs LOL. I may try different masks and see how they work. I read about avacados...interesting. It'll be fun to try different ones. Oh and they have chocolate masks too! That may be a problem because I'll end up eating it all before it gets on my face haha.

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I make a face mask with oatmeal(grind into powder), honey, milk, and vitamin E. It works really well for my skin. I have very sensitive skin -so sensitive that I turned red in Sephora during a facial! You can also purchase powdered clay and add different juices according to skin type -tomato, carrot, grapefruit. I used the cucumbers before; I didn't really care for them. I think I left them on too long. They sort of burned my eyes!

Edited by: mrscreamer2be on Apr 27, 2010 6:16 PM

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: May 2, 2010 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

All the cucumbers do is refresh and moisturize (which in turn de-puffs) tired eyes. It doesn't actually help with dark circles, but they feel nice. If you want something that temporarily helps dark circles (because to be honest, unless you do an invasive procedure like laser, to fix the leaky capillary bed that is causing the circles, nothing is going to be a permanent fix) For an easier temporary fix, look for an eye cream that has caffeine in it, the caffeine helps shrink the cap bed temporarily so dark circles look less noticable. Also, anything with light reflects in it will hlp too to make your eyes look brighter. I have been fighting dark circles and my favorite products are Fresh Lotus Eye Gel (my absolute fave, you can get it at sephora, but it is pretty pricey) Benefit Eyecon or Cinique All About Eyes.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: May 3, 2010 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Thank you soooo much PinkBear! I'm gonna try to get one of those products you said. I am desperate lol. I don't want dark circles for my wedding :)

Amberdawn7 Posts : 22 Registered: 2/6/10
Posted: May 9, 2010 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I've heard about the cucumbers and caffiene helping but never tried it.

For me a really cheap product called VitaK worked. It was less than $10. You can find it at CVS.

Amber's Planning a Wedding (Blog)

anapurma Posts : 1 Registered: 5/10/10
Posted: May 10, 2010 5:10 AM Go to message in response to: Amberdawn7

I have tried cucumbers once. The effects will not sweep you off your feet but it is nice and relaxing to put it on your face.

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

If I didn't wear makeup I'd look like I have two black eyes, so I feel your pain on the dark circles. I've found that using a good eye cream in the morning and at night has significantly reduced the visibility of my dark circles. I use Clinique All About Eyes. They have two different formulas, one a gel and one a lotion, but I've found the gel works fine for me. When it comes to wanting to dramatically change the appearance of my skin, I don't rely on mother nature. Instead I pull out the big guns that only science can provide. Just remember, if you do decide to spend money on the eye cream, use it both am and pm to achieve the desired results.

I did use cucumbers once. They made the skin around my eyes tender and puffy. I must have had an allergic reaction to them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine