DIY Outdoor Ceremony Arch/Canopy?

Online Users: 1,312 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
DIY Outdoor Ceremony Arch/Canopy?
Posted: May 2, 2010 4:46 PM

So I decided for our outdoor ceremony I would love to have a fabric draped arch/canopy thing (like a square shape with breezy light fabric blowing in the wind) Does anyone know how to make something like that? I dont even know where to start! Here are a couple pictures I found. I like how the first one is more draped and billowy...Magical White Wedding by ronsho ©.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: DIY Outdoor Ceremony Arch/Canopy?
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

I have several pictures of canopies that should be easy to DIY. Just contact me through my website and I'll send some out to you. One of the easiest methods is to take four potted trees (ficus,citrus,branches in bloom, etc.) and just drape fabric across the tops. Or, sink some posts in 4 pots of sand and attach fabric. Or, you could start with a purchased garden center frame and drape and decorate that.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

FantasticFall Posts : 8 Registered: 12/6/09
Re: DIY Outdoor Ceremony Arch/Canopy?
Posted: May 9, 2010 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

It would be fairly simple actually.
PVC pipes, 90 degree bends, pipe glue and the fabric. No cutting of the pipe should be necessary, but a hand saw can often handle it. This is just from looking at it, but I've helped build things like it before and you shouldn't have a problem. You can also spray paint it silver or something, to help hide the piping.

Basic 2x4's could also probaly be used. If you have a friend who likes to build things, they will probaly be able to point you in the right direction for what you want.

Hope this helps :-)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine