Halter top necklace...

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

heartofc3 Posts : 2 Registered: 9/18/09
Halter top necklace...
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 11:30 PM

Hello Everyone,
I bought a dress by mia solano (mia solano 424c to be exact). I am adding a very thin halter to the dress so it won't be strapless. What kind of necklace would you suggest? I don't see many pictures of halter dresses with jewelry.
Thanks,
Kayla
http://www.topbridaldresses.com/pic/WD/M424C/M424C.jpg

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Halter top necklace...
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

It depends on what is on the decoration on the halter straps is.

I did wear a necklace with mine, it was a touch long for the dress (but it was a gift from DH, so there you have it). However, it was a simple white gold rope change with a nice sapphire pendant on it. Not a big pendant, but just a nice delicate necklace. Ideally, it would have hit midway between the top of the bodice and my chin. (that isn't where it hit <G>)

Misty

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

Hi! Like Cat said, it depends on what the halter looks like. I wore a halter and it was beaded, so I already had "decoration" and didn't need a necklace, it would've looked too overdone with mine. If yours is very thin straps, adding a dainty necklace would look great! If you have beads and such on the halter straps, it may be too much. Try on different styles of necklace you/your mom/your girlfriend's may have with your dress with the straps just to get a feel of what may work and what you would like, then if you find a style or necklace you like, go for it!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

So.. I'm a visual person. Is this the gown?

Mia Solano Wedding Dresses ...

If so, I LOVE IT! I think lace gowns are gorgeous and this kind of has a vintage feel which I adore. Like PP's mentioned, if the halter is minimal then a simple pearl necklace would like nice with this gown. Even if it had some crystal in it, that would be pretty too. But, you could easily wear something chunkier.

But, if the halter is embellished, there is really no need for a necklace as the halter would act as a necklace. Instead try for some showy earrings maybe. But, you can wear a necklace with a halter gown.

Here are some halter gowns with necklaces to give you an idea. I likethe model with the mulitple strands. I'm considering doing something like she has.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I'm with the PP actually. What I'm doing is a pearl necklace with little rhinestones on "fish wire". It's not actually fish wire but it's clear so it looks like the pearls and rhinestones are floating on my neck. It's really simple but I like it with halters.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

cellarius Posts : 8 Registered: 2/7/10
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

that's because 'normally' you don't wear necklaces with halters but i agree with happy defiant.. some pearls could go or something simple. & i love your dress! i'm thinking of getting it. i love alot of her dresses..lol
b + p = <3

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

When I wear halter dresses I wear a simple drop necklace. Something like this: Not sure if picture is working so here is the link to the picture:http://www.bluenile.com/pearl-diamond-necklace_14180?rf=pd

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: May 6, 2010 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

Wow, your dress is absolutely beautiful! Because you're adding a halter, I actually don't think you should wear a necklace. I say earrings and maybe a bracelet, anything more would be "busy" in my opinion.

Again, I really realllly love your dress.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 7, 2010 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

I'm with theebride.

I don't think you should wear a necklace at all. It will distract from your face, which I think should be the focal point.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: heartofc3

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine