What accessories should I wear with my dress?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Gisele81 Posts : 3 Registered: 2/2/10
What accessories should I wear with my dress?
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 7:30 PM

I have been saving money for my wedding dress for ages. Last week I finally ordered it and I'm so excited!

Here is a picture of my dress:

http://theringbearer.ca/wedding_fashion.php?gender=women&item_id=4552

As you can see, the bodice of the dress is jeweled and I am afraid it is easy to overaccessorize this dress. I'm thinking of wearing opera gloves and no jewelry at all. My sisters think I should wear a veil, as this is probably the only time in my life that I'll have the oppurtunity to wear one.
What do you think?

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Re: What accessories should I wear with my dress?
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

First of all WOW. I love your dress.

I agree that it would be easy to over accessorize. I would definitely skip a necklace with the dress. Some small dangly earrings would definitely look nice as well. Whatever you choose, I'd keep the accessories away from the bodice area as it would compete with the dress.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

I was thinking the same thing as you OP.
I pretty much never suggest wearing opera gloves but when I first saw that photo the first thing that popped to my head was "gloves...and nothing else."

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

You can take your cues from the designer herself, who shows the dress as she ideally wouldlike to see it.Notice, no necklace,no gloves, just dramatic earrings. As for a veil, Ireally think it would take away from the dram of the dress. At most I'd suggest a "fascinator" headpiece with a little net veiling.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

Maybe some nice small dangly earrings or diamond studs. Just something simple.

:) love ya

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

I definitely wouldn't wear a necklace with this dress. The bodice has so much going on, adding a necklace would be too much.

But I think that gloves & earrings are a great idea! I would even suggest simple diamond earrings, nothing dangly. And I just can't imagine this dress with a veil. It's a gorgeous formal ballgown & although your sisters are right, this is the only time you get to wear a veil, I just don't think it's needed. You're dress is beautiful!

"Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

jmd22 Posts : 125 Registered: 7/17/08
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Gisele81

That is a gorgeous dress! I agree with the other posters in that you don't need much accessorizing with that dress- maybe just some earrings? Also consider how you want to wear your hair- if you are going with a full up-do, some dangly dramatic earrings, similar to what the model is wearing, would be lovely- and if you are going to wear your hair down, or in a half up-do, maybe some small diamond studs, or small hoops or something?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine