Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 3, 2010 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Okay those were totall out of order and completely cut off, stupid Brides, I cant post pics here correctly, but you get the idea hopefully. The walk was a lifechanging event, basically. My mom and I decided to do it every single year inmemory of Nana. It was incredible.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 3, 2010 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelly, your story & pictures are amazing! Good job Ms.D with going to the gym only for the a/c!!

I went grocery shopping on Sunday, and bought a a bunch of healthy stuff...stuff for different kinds of salads, yougarts, and cheese..one of my many downfalls....oh how much I love cheese (next to ice cream of course).

I got a little bit of exercising in over the weekend. Saturday afternoon, hubby & I took a ride to Cooperstown. (yes, home of the baseball hall of fame). Didn't go into the hall of fame, but walked the village and sat by the lake, the weather was hot & overcast. But it was nice to get away from home. Sunday I did some weed pulling (always fun). Then we bbq'd for the first time this season. Again, to frickin' hot to turn the oven on.

So today, breakfast consisted of cheese & avacado sandwich, lunch was salad w/tuna, cukes & croutons, yougart with frest strawberries. dinner is going to be chicken.

Oh yeah, I told hubby that HE had to start eating healthier with me, and we were going to try 1 new receipe a week and when the farmers markets get into full bloom, that is where we are going to get all our fresh fruits & veggies this summer!!!!

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 3, 2010 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Congrats Kelley! That's terrific. My SIL runs for Team In Training and she runs marathon's and raises money for people (mainly kids) with cancer. It's inspiring!

So my starting weight is: 125

My weight now: 124!

I posted my points on friday and not much as changed. My points for this week are: 22

I'm feeling great and I know i'm looking better. I look forward to the next few weeks!

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 3, 2010 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

my points for the week is 22 my weight is still the same :( but I'll keep trying!

Kelley- Love the photos glad you had a great time!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: May 3, 2010 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Good first week everyone.

Kelley--that is great about your walk. I'm glad you are making it a tradition. Our office has a team this Saturday in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. I am the team leader and it all started due to the challenge MsD gave me last year, when we were paired up against each other. It also is a 5k. I'm a little worried about being able to finish it. I've been getting horrible pain in my lower back when I walk. I'm planning on taking some Advil a couple hours before the walk. Hopefully that will help.

My points for last week were 11, which isn't bad for starting part way through the week. And my weight is down 1.5 pounds to 282. I would love to have a week like those biggest loser people on tv, but since I'm not going to spend 8 hours a day exercising, it probably isn't going to happen.

Linn--I think it was you who mentioned farmers market. I am totally excited for that too. Ours has started, but I have my walk this Saturday, and I have to work the following Saturday, so I won't be able to go until the 22nd. But I can't wait. I love Farmer's Market.

Well, have a great day everyone.

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:10 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Why thank you for that brief commercial message vendor - I do tend to get the DT's if I haven't seen spam on the boards for a while.

So I joined up for BL, then promply forgot So although I'm sure I did something last week, I got nothing.

Weight: 167.5 - I believe that would be a 4 pound gain??? Not sure how I managed that one, I wasn't that bad, but apparently I was.

Points: Because I didn't post a points menu, I will say this is a big fat 0

Points for this week:

Drink 64 oz H2O/day - 3.5
Take the stairs at work - 2.5
5+ servings of veggies/day - 7
Exercise min. 20 min/day/5x's/week - 2.5
Post min. 5x's/week here - 2.5
Stay within my WW points - 7

Kelley, looks like you had a blast at the walk - so glad you guys are going to make it an annual thing.

Crap, I know there was other stuff I wanted to comment on, but of course I've forgotten. Maybe tomorrow lol
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

I was impressed with the vendors ad myself. I truly wish they would at least learn the language and how it is used. The spelling and grammer are atrocious. Just thought I would pop in and say that. I have seen this vendor all over the boards. Very annoying. Like I would ever do business with someone who steals ad time instead of paying for it.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

OK, I suck and I know that. I am just posting now, and my points are crap. I have lost nothing, but that is because I did not work out. I've got to just do it, this week.

Drink 64 oz H2O/day - 2
5+ servings of veggies/day - 7
Exercise min. 50 min/day/5x's/week - 7
Post min. 5x's/week here - 2
Stay within my meal plan, - 7

So, I got, 16 points. If we are using 25. I'll go back and check. If not, if we're using 20, I'll revise my points. I got points for drinking water, eating veggies, and staying within my meal plan, calories/type of food limits. Nothing for posting, and nothing for exercise.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 4, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Nice pics, Kelley. I am always moved by the people who are really doing it for someone. When I did the Light The Night Walk for LLS, people had three different types of balloons: Survivor, In Memory, or Supporter. It was pretty moving just seeing the colors.

Didn't excercise yesterday. But I did get up this morning and go to the gym, did two miles on the treadmill (3:1 interval, 6mph) and then another 20 minutes on the elliptial. I will fit into last year's brown linen pants if it kills me.

Laters-

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 4, 2010 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Kelly~ That walk sounds amazing!!! I am glad you enjoyed it!! How did you feel doing it? Where you able to finish with out much pain??

I will be tallying up points and posting them tomorrow. So if you haven't posted please do so by tonight.

Cyndi~ It is still 25 points

Also please remember you can throw away a week...Just a reminder

So I have a killer headache today which makes me sad because I was supposed to go work out with hubs's friend's wife today. But I am getting ready to crawl back into my bed...I was able to get up and do a half mile on the treadmill yesterday. I figure its better than nothing!!

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa, how's your headache? Hope you're feeling better.

MsD, I hear ya - This morning I squeezed myself into a skirt that I have no business squeezing into. I didn't really ralize it until I got into my car to come to work, but by then it was just too late to change.

So I'm sort of doing better so far this week. Kind of. Sort of. On the one hand, I used up almost an entire days worth of points on a slice of Hawaiian pizza at lunch yesterday b/c my best friend didn't bring her lunch and had to buy it - so naturally I had to tag along. I actually was going to get a veggie sandwich - multigrain bread, lots of fresh veggies with some mustard - but the line up was huge for the sandwich place, and since I have NO patience for that said f-it and got pizza since they didn't have a lineup. On the other hand I said no to ice cream last night with DH (which really wasn't that hard since I'm not a big ice cream lover)

I'm doing better with eating during the day - picking things that are no points, but are more filling. I haven't been so hungry by the time I get home. I did start buying these things called Vita Muffin Vita Tops. Of course living in Canada we don't get the good selection like you guys get (damn you Americans LOL ), but these deep chocolate ones are pretty good. 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 4g protein and 7g fibre. For WW's they are 1 point and I can eat one at break and not be hungry at lunch so I don't eat as much.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough - hope you all have a great day!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: May 5, 2010 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Good morning Ladies!! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

MHF~ I feel much better today!! Thanks for asking!!! That was one weird and crazy headache!

So I didn't get any exercising in this morning, because well I was catching up on sleep (not that I really needed to, but it felt like it) But I will when I get home from work. I am tallying up the points for this week, so I will be back to post the resualts. Well I better be off to do that, and maybe some work....

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 5, 2010 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

So the alarm went off this morning, and I hit snooze 5 times, and then it was time to get hubs up to go to the gym. I really didn't want to, I was soooo tired this morning. But I get up, brush my teeth, walk to bed where he's sleeping and say gym? He says he forgot he had court this morning (he's trying to say that it's too late to go) and I say, well, if we leave now, we can go, or we can go after work, and he say's It's Cinco de Mayo, which is his favorite (drinking) holiday. So I say, well then we have to go now.

And here's the thing --- I totally didn't really want to go, I just got annoyed that he was making up excuses, when it was obvious to me that he was awake. I could tell I was sleepier than he was, he just didn't want to work out. But I got him up, and we got a good 30 minutes at the gym, which is less thna the 60 minutes I wanted, but what can you do?

Ate sweet potato fries with dinner last night, which wasn't good, but I'm trying not to think about it.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: May 5, 2010 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Ok so I still need points and a weigh in for Brighter, FMF, KellyheartsJeff, and Lin

Here is where we stand Points wise;

Cyndi is in 5th place with 16 points
MrsHF is in 9th place with 0 points
Nessa is in 6th place with 12 points
Kelly is in 8th place with 10 points
MsD is in 4th place with 17.5 points
Kennys is in 3rd place with 19 points
JuJu is in 2 place with 22 points
Rebecca is in 1st place with 24 points (I used the first count of points you posted Wednesday)
LilRoo is in 7th place with 11 points.

As for weight;
Cyndi is in 6th with a 0% weight loss
MrsHF is in 8th with a 2.45% gain
Nessa is in 7th with a .22% gain
Kelly is in 4th with a .43% loss
MsD is in 1st with a .90% loss
Kennys is in 5th with a .27% loss
JuJu is in 6th tied with Cyndi with a 0% loss
Rebecca is in 2nd with a .80% loss
LilRoo is in 3rd with a .53% loss

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 5, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Well third is not so bad, I can live with that. Congrats on first place weight loss and points ladies.

I had a lovely morning today. Between the fire engines and the helicopter and the heavy equipment coming down my street, I woke up in a very good mood. I love the sounds of the city, just not over my head.

So far I am doing very well this week, I have been getting my workouts in I have been eating healthy and walking. I am feeling so good. If I was any happier they would insist on a drug test.

I hope you ladies are having a great day.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine