Question for moderators

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Question for moderators
Posted: May 3, 2010 11:50 AM

Are you able to delete specific messages out of a thread, or are you only able to delete the entire thread?

Evil Vendors have taken to inserting their dubious ad messages within a perfectly good thread, on the assumption a single message within a thread cannot be deleted.

Could you at least edit the message to remove the advertising?

If this cannot be controlled, the message board will look more and more like Craigslist, and will be less and less useful to your target user base.

Thanks.

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: Question for moderators
Posted: May 3, 2010 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Hi Aunt,

Yes, I can remove specific messages within a thread and keep the main thread intact. I do this when the thread has been started by a legit forum member, not a vendor or spammer.

Lately, I've been having some issues retrieving the links to all of the threads that you and the other users 'report'. Instead, I have been going through each thread and deleting the spam I see. Because of this I'm sure I miss spam messages in the more popular threads.

While I know it is time consuming, forum members can always PM names of spammers or links to threads that contain spam. I'll delete them as soon as I log on. I check the forums each business day--usually in the afternoon or around 5pm EST--and occasionally on the weekends.

Any other questions or concerns you can PM me or email me at contact@brides.com.

- Allison

Posted: May 3, 2010 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Dear Allison,

Hey, great, thanks.

I'll be more specific when I report spam within a message thread, in the future.

(I'm a moderator, too, on another forum. I know what it's like.)

Posted: May 4, 2010 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Dear Allison,

I just sent you a PM with message locations of 6 spam posts from the same vendor.

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks so much Aunt!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine