Putting everything together

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

LexiGorena Posts : 3 Registered: 4/30/10
Putting everything together
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:59 AM

HELP! I need some MAJOR HELP! So...for the reception, I invision plum/lapis with ivory linnens. Beautiful, elegant, yet simple centerpieces. Maybe a calla lily submerged in water with a few glass beads at the bottom of the vase....?? Dim lights and sweet soft aromas filling the air of the venue, with a nice, relaxed ambiance. Ohhh....wow....SO...the confusion begins.....I LOVE DAMASK...We decided on the cake being fondant with damask stenciling...NOT TOO MUCH...but very pretty. I got a second opinion on the centerpieces and the cakes...everyone LOVES The cake, but they say the centerpieces don't match the cake. NOW another problem is that the invitations were going to have the damask theme as well..So, I'm confused? How can I tie it all together?? Also, if those ideas don't work, my sister-in-law gave me a good idea of mixing our lapis/plum with orange and red for a moroccan look...but I don't know how to incorporate that with our damask theme either? I'm so confused and I just need some help pulling everything together so it makes sense...HELP!!! OH! And does anyone know...to save money, could I submerge SILK or FAKE calla lillies or will they fall apart under water??

Here are pics of the cake and centerpieces

So those are a few ideas.... PLEASE HELP! :) THANK YOU!!

Together we walk

Hand in Hand

Through this life

And through all eternity

J&L Forever and For Always

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Putting everything together
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Your ideas look fine to me--I have no idea what she's talking about with the "centerpieces don't 'match' the cake." You mentioned using colors, but what you've shown is black and white, so I'm a little confused as to what you want. If you love damask, have you thought about using that pattern in your linens? Damask table toppers would look great with the simple white callas and glass pebbles. I have a picture in my photo library of a damask-wrapped vase, a relatively simple project that would "match" your centerpieces to your cake. But, really, you don't have to match everything. A better idea is to "blend" your elements, using your color scheme, for example, to tie things together. I have a vast photo library and am happy to send you any pictures you might like, whether of damask or a Moroccan look. Just contact me through my website and I'll send some right out to you.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

I can kind of see why other people are saying the centerpieces don't match the cake. The cake is absolutely stunning, but the centerpieces are not nearly as impressive or eye catching (at least not in the picture you posted). I think you could definitely have the simple elegance of a calla centerpiece, it should just have as much presence and pop as the cake.

"

Adding a few more callas to each vase gives the centerpiece more impact. You could even put crystals at the bottom and and surround it with tea lights.

Hope that helps!

LexiGorena Posts : 3 Registered: 4/30/10
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Thanks so much for yalls help! I really appreciate it. I have another question, though. Lol :) What do yall think if I were to do the whole fig tree branches in a vase with hanging little notes for guests to leave wishes on? If so, do you think if I were to incorporate the oranges and greens by slicing limes and oranges and putting them in the vase with the tree, would that be too much since the branches are already attention grabbing?? Thanks for your help again!

Together we walk

Hand in Hand

Through this life

And through all eternity

J&L Forever and For Always

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Branch centerpieces are pretty and dramatic. But, again, I'm confused--greens and oranges? Is this supposed to go with the damask? Look Moroccan? Go with the cake? Or is this a whole new scheme? If you hang notes on branches, how are guests supposed to write on them?--probably not the best idea. You can hang votives, streamers, ribbons,little paper lanterns, love notes, shiny ornaments,etc. You can do them in black and white to go with damask (e.g. spray branches black or white, anchor the branches in white and/or black stones).
myra@classysassyweddings.com

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

i see a square cake an recktangle vases. I see a white cake and white flowers. I see curved petals and a curved design. It matches. Dont go with the morracan theme that would throw things off. Stick to the purple/black&white theme. Mix soft things with geometric shapes.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine