Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

so I think I have my points(at least for now, they may change)

Eat 5 fruits and veggies a day - 5 pts/week

Stay within 1500 calories or less a day - 5pts/week

Drink 8 glasses of water a day- 3pts/week

Cardio and weights 3x a week -5pts

Trainer workout - 5pts

Weigh in- 2pts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

This morning, got up and woke hubs (my nickname for husband, as I dislike saying DH, cause he really isn't so "dear") to go to the gym, but he didn't want to go cause he went to bed at 2:30 last night. So I got up and did a couple of DVD workouts -- a 20 minute kickboxing one that always leaves my back and shoulders sore, and a Jackie Warner lower body workout. If I get home tonight before sunset, I'm going to try and fit in a run, cause my body just won't train itself for my 10-miler.
Feeling good, getting my mojo back. How is everyone else doin?

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsD I agree I think I like hubs better than DH.... I may steel that. What a butt head not wanting to get up with you!! Oh a kickboxing work out?? I may have to look for one of those, granted I hate doing work out videos, I always feel so silly....

I am doing great today!! I had a doc appointment yesterday after having several really weird cycles, and a 27 day super heavy period, hubs (much better) made me go see the doc, she did some labs, and sent me for a ultra sound. Well my labs all looked great, she seemed pretty surprised at that, espcially my blood sugar, it was right smack dab in the middle of perfectly normal. But I do have PCOS, and each of my overies has greater than 20 cysts each. So my doc gave me metformin, and said it should also help me loose some weight. That would be nice, I can not get this weight off, so hopefully that coupled with my actual motivation now will help.

Speaking of motivation I got up early this morning, I have been charting my temp to kinda help with TTC, and just in general figure out my whole cycle, and usually I take my temp at 5:25 am then pass back out until like 6:50ish when I have to get up and rush to get ready. Well this morning I couldn't fall back asleep, so I did a mile on my treadmill, then 10 bycycles, 10 push ups, and 10 leg lifts. I feel great!!

Oh and here are my points.....

Stay within your allotted daily calorie limit - 7 points

Plan entire week's menu in advance - 3.5 Points

No sodas - 3.5 Points

Workout 4 days a week - 4 points

Weigh or measure in once a week - 2 Points

Keep a food journal for the week 3.5 points

Take vitamins and meds every day - 2.5

Ok I will get back to work now....

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Oh, no I forgot we were starting this week. I have my menu ready. I started it on Monday since last weekend was my Birthday weekend and I went a little nuts. Ice cream, jellybeans and soda. I haven't had any of those things in months, but they sure taste good.

My Menu for the next couple of weeks:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water per day .5x7 =3.5 per week.
2. No eating after 8 pm .5/3.5 per week
3. Stick to my meal plan .5/3.5 per week
4. Walk at least 1 mile per day .5/3.5 per week
5. Exercise daily 1/7 per week
6. No sweets or candy 2 pt. week
7. Post at least 3x per week 2 pts

For 25 points a week.

So far I am sticking to my plan. I went to the doctors yesterday and he is totally impressed with my progress so far. My next appt. is in the fall and my goal is to have a 1 at the beginning of my weight by the time I see him again.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Kenny's I know you will have a 1 at the begining of your weight next time you see your doc....I am willing to bet that there will either be an 8 or possibly even a 7 after the 1!!!

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Here are my points:

Elliptical 20 mins everyday: 5
Only water everday: 5
Under 1500 calories everyday: 5
NO eating out: 5
Vitimins everyday: 5

I know they aren't as detailed but I'm doing pretty good already so I just want to lose the weight.
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Question about the points - are we supposed to make up a schedule where we earn 25 points a day or 25 points a week? Did someone say that you can opt to just measure by pounds lost instead of making up your own point system? I am already doing weight watchers, so I don't know if I want to count more points and figure out my own system, haha.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

Kelly, Its 25 points for the whole week. You create a list of whatever you want, whatever challenges you personally, that adds up to 25. not sure I understand the second half of your question.

Here is my embarassing (and super late, sorry) Starting Weight and Points:

Weight: 231 (dont even ask me how much I regained in the past month or two I lost track and I dont wanna talk about it. I really let myself down, and its time to reboot and start again. )

Eat three small healthy meals and two small healthy snacks per day, and stop eating after 8p: 5pts

For every can of diet coke or soda I drink per week, I must drink full glass of water FIRST: 5pts

Workout /pool routine and treadmill minimum 4x per week: 5points

Take outdoor walks at least 3x per week, minimum 30minutes: 5points

Go to bed by 1am nightly (trust me thats early for me) and get minimum 5hours sleep (also a lot for me with my f'ed up shceudle and my husbands overnight shifts that screw up my sleep): 2points

Minimum of two salad based meals per week, and two veggie or fish based meals per week: (i am not crazy about fish so this is a big challenge): 3points

Kennys: just so youre aware, YOU are my current inspiration. I just think youve done so great and look amazing lately, and I admire you for sticking with it, so when I think of getting lazy Ill try to think of you and how youve been determined to stay on track.

Mom is coming into town Friday afternoon, and Saturday we are doing the Revlon Walk (5k, its my second one) for Womens Cancers. We are walking in memory of my Nana, moms mother, who died of cancer last May and Saturday would have been her 87th bday. If youd like to donate to my page, here it is. This link should go to my donation page. And THANKYOU....

https://www.revlonrunwalk.com/ny/secure/mywebpage.cfm?cfid=1242426&cftoken=3b6f446d7938a3f-DF576789-D56B-8660-90002739216E9ADC

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok, I'm here (if anyone cares--lol)

Kell--I am right there with you. I have gained back everything I lost and then some. I'm totally hanging my head when I say my starting weight is 283.5. I'm keeping my points really simple this time around, at least to start with. I need all the help I can get.

Go to gym at least 3 times a week. 5 pts per visit, up to 15 points

Don't eat candy (harder than it sounds for me) 5 points per week (minus a point for any day I eat candy, so I could go negative with this one)

Drink at least 48 oz of water a day 1 point per day, up to 5 points

I know for some of you superstars, this may not sound hard, but I need to find a way to get started and hopefully this will help.

So, are we starting Monday??

Kelley--if you ever book a show anywhere in Washington, Oregon or Idaho, I will drive to see it. (And these are big states girls--lol)

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I am doing a walk for autism this saturday. I have no donations so far and I am the team leader. I will be walking 5 miles for summit ed. a special needs school in buffalo ny. I have been working there for 10 years now and love it. all the donations we receive go right to helping these kids. Autism affects 1 in 110 kids and 1 in 70 boys. Thank you so much

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=341156&supId=288705494
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Kelly~ You will get back on track!! I have faith in you!!! Plus i know how it is with hubs with crazy scheduals. Mine isn't as bad as yours, but he started a new job Monday, his hours were supposed to be 6:30 am to 3:00pm half way through his first day they asked him if he could come in at 4:30 am for the rest of the week, and now they have him staying until 5:00pm every night!! I bearly get to see him, he comes home, showers, eats dinner and passes out. Luckily this isn't permanant.

KHJ~ It is 25 points per week. It helps us keep a little more motivated, and set and reach goals. One of your iteams could be to keep track of your WW points rather than watching calories.

LittleRoo~ We actually already started this Monday. I think we may have a week we can throw out.

Speaking of which, I vote we go until the 31st of May. I looked at my calender wrong when I said 4 weeks, thinking that it would end May 17th, but 4 weeks from Monday is actually the 24th, and thats my anniversary, and hubs and I will be in San Francisco that week. SO I say we do 5 weeks, ending on the 31st, and we are allowed one throw out week if neccesary.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Kelley, I've got a little challenge idea for you, if you're interested!

Nessa, I think throwing out the lowest week is a good idea, so that way people can just start Monday if they'd like. Also, you'd asked before about calculating percentage -- the formula is (lbs lost) divided by (beginning weight). So, if I manage to lose 15lbs (unlikely, but a girl can dream!) and my starting weight is 155, then it's 15/155= .097, or, 9.7%.

Last night was bad. We ordered Chinese because its hubs's week to cook, and he didn't defrost the salmon in time. Still, I got a run in last night, so I should've nettee about 1800 calories, which is still too many to lose weight, but if I hadn't run at all, I would have been over.

Kelley, LittleRoo, and everyone else -- the loosing weight challenge is the same -- you've just got to want it enough. The quicker you get over the shame of the setback, the faster you're going to lose weight. Dwelling in it will not help you -- it'll just keep you stuck. I gained a good 15lbs, which as a percentage, is about the same as both of you guys. I'm really tempted to just say f* it, buy new clothes, and be done with it. But I can't forget how it felt last summer to be thinner, to feel stronger and healthier, and I want that feeling back, more than anything. So that's why I'm here.

Juju, that's awesome. I've done a few charity walks before, and they're pretty fun.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Thank you Nessa for the encouragement. I like the thought of having an 8 after the 1. Of course a 7 would be better. I know I am going to give it my best shot.

Thanks Kelley that means a lot to me. You and a few others in here know what I was going through and how easy it would have been to say F*** it and gone in to hibernation for ever.

Life is GOOD!!!!

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

juju thats awesome your doing the walk!! One of my cousisns has pretty bad autisum, I really wish I could help out, but money is retardidly tight right now.

Msd~ Oo chinese sounds so yummy!! Thanks for the formula. I have never been good at math....

Kelly and Littleroo~ I compleatly agree with Msd, this is the largest I have ever been, and I say that oh so offten, yet can't seem to do anything about it. I am done williowing in self pity, and ready to kick this weights butt and have it be gone!! I know its not gonna be easy, but its better than being ashamed, I feel good knowing i am actually doing something about it!! You both are awesome women and should not be feeling ashamed, take that feeling, and turn it into motivation to get the weight gone!!

Kenny's~ YAY!! Life is good!!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thanks for the nice words everyone. I'm going for it. Kelley--we can drag each other along on this and keep each other motivated. I need some serious help.

Thanks for the kick in the butt MsD. No more whining about what I've gained--just losing from here on out. I also remember how much better I felt even a year ago, and I want to get back and see how much better I would feel losing even more. It seems so long ago, but in 2001, I got down to 230 and I felt so good about myself. But instead of continuing in that direction, I eventually went the other way. :( Kelley--just think of how I feel now, if I felt really good about myself at around your current weight. Ok, now the pity party is over. :)

Kenneys--you are my inspiration too. It wasn't that long ago that you were starting close to where I am now, and look at how far you have come. I am in awe. You are totally rocking it girl!!

I will start tracking my points now. But this will probably be my throw out week. :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine