Twilight Theme

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Twilight Theme
Posted: May 4, 2009 10:00 AM

I recently fell in love with the Twilight series and am in love with the flower on the New Moon cover, the ruffled tulip and would love to incorprate into that into my wedding. I also thought about instead of going with pink and brown like i thought before to go with red and gold for my colors. I don't know to have a hardcore twilight them but would like a theme that is losely based on it, if that makes sense. Any other suggestions to go with the theme.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Twilight Theme
Posted: May 4, 2009 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I LOVE the series as well :) The flower on New Moon is very pretty. What else can you do? hmmm.... you could have your wedding at a place near the shore to symbolize La Push (did I spell that right?). You can serve apples of some sort (like the cover of the 1st book). You can get married during twilight instead of during the day or early morning. You can have silver or gold confetti/glitter on the tables and such to symbolize Edward's glowing skin. If I think of more I will let you know.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: May 4, 2009 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Oh I loooooove the twilight saga... so so much...

You could decorate like alice did for the wedding.... :) Use all the flowers she used... Do you have a dress yet? I found a dress I loved that decided against. THEN I read the saga and thought "oh my gosh, the dress I tried on at I Do is JUST LIKE what Bella's sounds like!!" lol So. Those are all subtle things that YOU'LL get, and that other twilight lovers will notice as well, but that won't be too overly-teen-romance-novels lol

Just a thought

I like the apple idea too...

And after work I'm going to watch twilight AGAIN... I didn't LOVE the movie like I do the books, but it holds me over between readings. lol

Posted: May 4, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

I do already have a dress, but not like the one bella has but it would fit in what I want to do with for it. I am going back and forth about using the apple from the first book. I do like the idea of also using the flowers from Bella's wedding. I know that has roses, orange blossoms, and freesia, where used in the book, would it look weird to incorprate the ruffled tulips into it? I not sure about the confetti idea, that can be too messy and to much to clean about afterwards but I getting my creative juices flowing when you said something that reminded you of edwards skin.

Murphybride2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 5, 2009 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

For your table numbers, you can use all the places mentioned in the books. Such as Bella Italia (on your buffet table or dessert table since this where they first ate....well Bella did), Port Angeles, Forks, LaPush, etc.

Coming from Port Angeles, I think this is hilarious.

Posted: May 6, 2009 9:03 AM Go to message in response to: Murphybride2010

May I ask you why you think it is funny?

My wedding is not going to all about twilight. I just want to incorprate some of ideas from twilight into my wedding. I don't want to over do it. People who probally never read the book probably won't even realize it.

I am not going to have assigned table setting so I would not name any of my tables after areas in the book, thanks for the suggest though.

Posted: May 6, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I don't think murphy meant it like that. Just that naming a table after the place she's from would be ironic for her and would be funny, to her. Not that the idea of the theme is funny.

Or I could be wrong. I don't know her. She's a new poster.

Anywhoooo..... You could use a bunch of twinkle lights like they use for the entrance of the cullen house....

and if you liked the movie too, you could use a song or two from it. The iron and wine song is good. And dancing to that would really mean something to YOU (but only if you like the movie as well as the books).

Posted: May 6, 2009 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Kinda like Bella's lullaby to walk down the aisle or something like that

Posted: May 6, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

Ooooo that would be perfect!!! :)

TiaL Posts : 3 Registered: 5/22/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

What a great idea! Your wedding will be amazing. I can't wait until all the movies are made. I usually like to leave things to my imagination but I really want to see Edward and Bella's wedding scene. Unfortunayely don't think that is not going to happen before my wedding :(

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I recently saw the movie again (since I've been sick) and I thought of a great idea! I want to do this when I take my engagement pics. You can have your engagement pictures taken outdoors and have scenes that looks like it's from the movie. You know that grass in the meadows scene where Bella and Edward are laying down? You can have your photographer take pictures of you and your FH laying down on the grass! Haha just an idea.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

adoringbride1009 Posts : 45 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm doing a similar theme myself. Both my fiance and I are crazy about Twilight and have been actually incorporating ideas from the books the whole way though (partially without realizing it directly).

We are using black, red, and white as our wedding colors. Roses are the predominant flower of choice for most of the decorations, as well as the bleeding tulips from the cover of New Moon. Black and red ribbon is all over everything, too.

For my bridesmaids to walk down the aisle, I am using "River Flows In You" by Yiruma. If you go to iTunes and search "Twilight playlist," this is one of the songs on that list. That is where I found it, and honestly, I think it is very similar (in its own way) to Bella's Lullaby. It's entirely piano, and I actually have one of my best friends tweaking it and making a rendition of the song with "Bella's Lullaby" entertwined within.

Does anyone know the song that Bella walks down the stairs to at her and Bella's wedding?

Soon to be his bride,

Rachel 

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him. ~~Twilight

Till death do us part ~~ October 3, 2009

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/lhru2xs.png[/img]
[/url]

lrwahl Posts : 22 Registered: 7/28/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

I also loved the Twilight series! (Go figure, I haven't met many females ages 13-35 who didn't lol) But I feel like a huge dork because I didn't know that the cover to New Moon was a flower. I always thought it was a feather lol. Anyways, I like the apples idea. You could even have them as your centerpieces by filling a glass bowl or hurricane with bright red apples. Then you could use those tulips from the cover to put around the base of the hurricane or surround the bowl. Also, when I think of Twilight, I picture the green rainforest. You could find a way to tie that in. I also like the idea of you having your wedding later in the evening. It would be soft and romantic using candle light and clear christmas lights.

wedding website

greenpansy Posts : 55 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: lrwahl

I am using 3 different versions of Bella's Lullaby for my processional and recessional. I think they are beuatiful pieces of music, plus my FH and I are both Twilight fans so it holds significance for us. We are using the following:

Bella's Lullaby (Solo Piano) by Stan Whitmire for the processional

Bella's Lullaby (Piano Version) by Taliesin Orchestra for me to walk down the aisle

Bella's Lullaby (Extended Version) by String Tribute Players for the recessional

They are similar enough to link together, but different enough that it won't sound redundant. I found all 3 on Rhapsody, but I am sure you could find them on YouTube if you wanted to check them out.

Elizabeth

isischild7 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/28/10
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsks

my husband and i were married in a traditional church wedding in 2005 but because of Hurricane Katrina, we weren't able to do our handfasting ceremony nor have the reception we wanted. we are going to have those things next year in june on the summer solstice. we're doing a twilight saga themed wedding, i suppose you could say. we're going to have photos taken (we didn't have engagment photos done before) and scatter them around on the food and drink tables with quotes from all the books such as, "look after my heart, i've left it with you" and "you are my life now" and "i promise to love you forever-every single day of forever". the wedding colors are the red, black, and white. the entire wedding party will sparkle, the girls more than the guys of course. we're paying homage to my husbands italian roots by having a volturi style reception with alot of tuscan touches, urns filled with apples, pomgranates, grapes, ivy; lots of ivy and greenery everywhere; twinkle lights and tons of candles; our flowers are deep red and black magic roses, black calla lilies, and sunflowers; wines with blood type labels for a touch of whimsy. the wedding couple seats will set apart from everyone else's as volturi style gothic thrones with the wedding party seated ahead of us on stool seats covered in black fabric so they all blend together. we're casting circle to claire de lune and our first dance is going to be to Enigma's Return to Innocence, which was our wedding march song at our traditional wedding. hope some of this helps and congrats.
blessings!
"We wished for each other and our wishes came true. But I wished harder because you came to me instead of me coming to you."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine