Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

FutureMrsFurches Posts : 2 Registered: 4/17/10
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hey everyone! I love this! Thanks!!

Here are my stats:

Current weight:172 lbs
Goal weifht: 162 Lbs

In four weeks I have to place the order for my dress...I am trying to drop a size from where I was when I tried it on and placed the deposit!!

Action plan:
1. Spin class or 45 minutes on the treadmill at least 3X a week
2. Keep at 1200 Calories
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water

Let's do this ladies!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:00 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsFurches

Wait, so , did we switch threads? Are the OBI girls over here now? Im so confused lol. I have really been away too long ..... Ugh, just coordinated a wedding, it was yesterday, so Ive been SUPER busy with that the past two weeks. I should have a bit more time now that its done with.

I dont know my starting weight, Ill find out tomororw and come back, but Im definately in.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Yes Please!

Current Weight: 125 (give or take a pound)

Goal Weight: 110

Goals:

1.) Keep my food intake under 1500 calories

2.) Elliptical 20 mins everyday

3.) Drink more water and run 1 mile at least every other day.

I have a few more but basically these are my big items. My wedding is fast approaching and I do not fit into the wedding dress!!! The dress is a size 6 and apparently I am not. Also, it's getting to be bikini season and i want to look good.

I realize 15lbs in 4 weeks might be pushing it and I honestly don't expect to be 110 at the end of the four weeks but I am bound and determined to be 115. Maybe with you ladies behind me I'll have the motivation.
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I'm thinking that right now we should go for individuals, while we get the hang of eachother and get to know eachother better. We can definitely issue challenges, though, maybe let the winner each week issue challenges, either individual or group.

I'm starting already. Got up this morning and did a TV workout (for those of y'all with DVRs and cable, you might have Exercise TV, which has an awesome selection of workouts for home. It's a great way to do different things and not get bored).

Kelley, glad you found us here. I was going to find you on facebook and tell you to come back! I know you haven't been on the boards much, but you need to come back here at least. I miss you! Your wedding (the one you planned) sounded awesome and I'm thrilled it went so well.

As for me, I'm trying desperately to emerge from a funk I've been in over the past few weeks. Work has been beyond uninspiring, and I've got to find some new challenges before I go stark raving mad. Really, for hubs's sake alone, I need something new. So I'll be here, meeting new people and re-connecting with old friends, but I'll also be trying to get inspired in the 3D world too.

Nessa, thanks for starting this thread, and keeping it up so far. Let me know what the plan is, and I'm ALL in. Already got a water bottle at my desk, and I prepared a spinach salad for lunch this morning.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Edited by: MsDenuninani on Apr 26, 2010 1:51 PM (cause, man, were there a lot of typos/editing mistakes in this post originally)

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Kelly~ Glad you found us!! It was voted that we start a new thread to mix things up and get us all motivated again. Now try not to disapear again please!!

Welcome Rebecca and FMF!!

MsD~ OO a spinach salad sounds so good!!! I am starting today to, since this weekend was horrible on my eating habits. I know you said you wanted a break from keeping track of points, so go ahead and focus on the competition this time around, and I will keep track of everything. The only thing I ask, is what exactly did you keep track of? I have a spreadsheet with everyone's weight, weight lost, goal weight, and points per week. Should I keep track of percentage lost as well? If so how? I am horrible with math.....

So before the end of today I need, Cyndi, and Kelly's stats. Msd, did you want me to use the 155 for your starting weight? I know you don't care about the weight...

Also everyone please start making up a points menu for yourself. Everyone should have 25 points they are working towards at the end of the week, and I will look for the sample menue from our last round to post at some point today, so you can use that to make your own menu, or just as a sample. So by tomorrow I would like everyone to have your points your working towards posted, and your weight, if it has changed any. That would make tomorrow the first offical day, but feel free to start today.

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I would love to join the challenge! I did weight watchers 2 years ago and lost about 15 pounds, I have since put a few back on and would like to get rid of them! I am really good about working out, but my food is my weakness.... I need help kick starting my diet back into gear!

Current weight: 172
Goal weight: 165

Goals:
1) STOP SNACKING! I am horrible about snacking when I get home from work and before dinner is ready - definitely a weakness of mine :(

2) Make better food choices - particularly on the weekends and when we go out to eat. I am a carb-o-holic, so the bread basket is my best friend at restaurants...

3) Be dedicated to doing sit-ups/ab work at the gym as well as stretching. I hate working my abs and I hate stretching!!

I am a little confused as to how the points system works, do we get to determine which activities earn points or is there a set system and everyone earns the same points for the same activities?

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

I'm in. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and think of goals, but I don't want to be left out. :)

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

Welcome Kelly!!

So I found one of the explinations of the points system from an old compition and also the Master points menue. Hope this helps the new girls out! Let me know if there are any more questions.

How it works: Everyone makes up a menu of 25 points. The menu can include workouts, other exercise, what to eat, what not to eat, beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), and other healthy habits. You can change the menu every week. Points should be challenging but achievable based on each losers goals. For example I am not going to give myself 5 points for not eating cookies because I don't regularly eat cookies. Some people such as myself just play for points, while others play for weight loss, measured in the form of pounds.

Now remember that this is a sample, you don't have to use the points listed, they are on here for example. You can either use the points listed for each thing, or assign your own points. You can also have points on your own menu not posted on here.

Master Points Menu

What to eat and drink
1. 5 or more servings of vegetables per day - 7 Points
2. Plan entire weeks menu in advance - 3.5 Points
3. Grocery shop with a list (and stick to list) - 2 Points
4. Drink 3 glasses water a day outside gym/exercise water - 3.5 Points
5. Eat only low fat dairy foods - 3.5 Points
6. eat only lean proteins (skinless chicken, fish & seafood, soy & veg) - 3.5 Points
7. Stay within your allotted daily calorie limit - up to 7 points

What not to eat or drink
1. No more than 5 grams of saturated fat per serving per day- 7 Points
2. No more than 25 grams of refined sugar a day - 7 Points
3. No foods with high fructose syrup (evil stuff!) - 3.5 Points
4. No more than 2 alcoholic drinks at a time - up to 3.5 Points
5. No alcoholic drinks during the work week - 2.5 Points
6. No sodas (diet or regulars) - 3.5 Points
7. No more than one cup of coffee per day - 3.5 Points

Exercise
1. Workout 4 days a week - 4 points
2. Four hours of cardio - 4 points
3. Take stairs every day at work - 2.5 Points
4. Workout at home (videos, Wii, etc) - up to 7 points
5. Walk half an hour a day - up to 3.5 Points
6. Workout with a trainer - up to 3.5 Points

Goal setting
1. food journal for the week 3.5 points
2. Plan workouts prior to working out 2 points
3. Surpass last weeks workouts 2 Points
4. Learn new exercises - 1 point per exercise up to 5 Points
5. Create new playlist on MP3 player/iPod - 2 points
6. Post a ‘motivation of the day" on brides.com (ie I work out to keep blood pressure down) up to 7
7. Weigh or measure in once a week - 2 Points

Other healthy ideas
1. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night - 3.5 Points
2. Mediate or pray daily for relaxation and mental health - 3.5 Points
3. Schedule & go to annual physical if it overdue - 2 Points
4. Monitor any health concerns such as high blood pressure - 2 Points

ErinBB Posts : 3 Registered: 4/25/10
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thank you for providing this! It really breaks down the key components of a healthy diet in a format that is simple to keep track of and easy to understand. Now, let's see if I can stick to it!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: ErinBB

Im still here guys. So are we using this room just for the contest but still typing in the OBI room too for other stuff, venting, etc? Or are we just moving over here permanantly? Just wondering so I dont get confused as to where to say things lol.

THanks MsD Its nice to be missed. Ive just been super busy btween the wedding planning, and also my comedy career has taken off more in the past few months which is GREAT NEWS. Getting a manager has helped a lot, I have some paid gigs comingup and Im even trraveling a bit to do road gigs here and there, so its exciting. The bad news though is that Ive TOTALLY neglected my health lately and my good eating habits, and Ive opted for convenient and easy.

Heres the truth: Im AFRAID to get on the scale today and see just how much weight Ive gained over the past month or two. I know its gotta be a lot because A. I can feel it, feel myself getting bigger again and more tired, etc and B. Im eating like crap and oly exercising sporadically. So yeah, Im a big ole chicken and Im expecting a bad number. I promise Ill do it by the end of the day and post the starting weight. UGH. Then my goal will be to get back on track and kick myself in the ass and get back to the freakin gym.

Gil left me. Well he left the gym. No longer works there. So Im on my own and I am my worst motivator. I really need you all to kick me in the ass a few thousand times .

Ill be back with points and weight.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

How exciting for your career to be taking off!!! I say if you ever get to Colorado you need to make sure to get Cyndi and I tickets!!

As for the room, I am not sure what is happening with that. We can use this just for the competition, and still do our chatting in the OBI room?

Well DH started a new job today, and just sent me a text saying he has to be to work at 4:30 in the morning!!! Holy wow thats early and I have no idea why! I am now stressing about how to get tonight to work, I won't have time to cook dinner, and get him to bed early. Ugh so stressed already!!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

OK, so I gained back everything. 156. I already knew I did that though, cause my clothes are all tight and I hate them now. I need motivation, and I also know I've let work stress get to me in a huge way, and then I don't stick to my exercise/food plan, and then I gain the weight back.

Anyway, that's that. Back at the beginning. I don't have a goal weight, more a size goal. I want the clothes I have now, to fit comfortably and I want to wear that goddamn sundress from our honeymoon for next year's vacation. That will take some work. I like the individual thing now too, with the challenges, cause we have a lot of new people which should help with motivation! Thanks, Nessa. ANd yes, Kelley, we want tickets when you come to Denver!! :)

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Kelley, I think we should make this thread the main thread.

Cyndi, I'm in the exact same position. I never made it back into some of my winter clothes, and I'm determined not to let that be true for my summer clothes, too. As it stands right now, if I don't lose weight, I'm going to have to buy new clothes for work, and I really don't want to shell out $ for that.

So, I'm happy to say that I'm sore today. I did only a 20 minute Jillian Michael's workout yesterday morning, but the weights totally did me in. This morning, I did 50 minutes at the gym (Ran one mile on the treadmill, then did 40 minutes on the elliptical) and I know my legs will be sore tomorrow. I love it. It's the feeling of getting stronger, and it is addictive.

Kelley, do you think you can find a new trainer? I think you should. You gotta imagine you're on the Biggest Loser, and you've just left the show, so you no longer have a Jillian or Bob. You gotta figure out what to do on your own.

Anyways, here's my points. I'm using the list above, as a way to get back into it, and to switch it up as I get back in shape.

Weigh in -- 2 pts/week
drink 24 ounces of water -- .5/day
2 or less alcoholic drinks/time -- .5/day
eat 5 fruits/vegetables a week -- 1/day
workout 5 days a week -- 1/day
4 hours of cardio -- 1 point/hour

Next week, I'm going to work in running.

So who else is ready?

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

OK

so

Drink 8 glasses of water -- 0.5 point/day
Don't drink Pop -- 0.5 point/day
Eat 6 servings of veggies -- 1 point/day
Skip Dessert -- 1 point/day
4 Hours of exercise a week -- 0.5 point/hr
Weigh in -- 2 points

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I feel slightly bad, I still haven't picked my points, but I have been doing really well on watching what I eat, and drinking my water, and doing my exercises today. Today is my day off to myself though so I am just lounging around and enjoying it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine