Newbie here :)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

leahcall Posts : 3 Registered: 4/26/10
Newbie here :)
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 12:38 PM

Hey girlies!

This is my first post although i've been lurking around these forums for about 2 months now.

My FH and I have been dating for the past 9 months and we have a pretty serious relationship. We both knew that it we would eventually get married soon (he's 35 and im 29) so we have quite a whirlwind romance.

Since February he started talking about marriage and kids and stuff so I knew that he was thinking alot about making the big step. He even tried to find out my ring size..lol..He asked me if I knew that a woman's ring size is equal to the size of her foot..lol..how funny!

So anyway, one day I was going through his emails for the first time. He gave me his password to get some info for him a while back - and i dont forget passwords:).. So while going through his emails I saw a conversation between him and one of his friends( a woman) who he went to college with). She asked him if he was engaged as yet, so he said no, but he already bought the ring and is deciding when is a good time to propose, he even went on to mention that it was expensive.

I was over the moon when I read it and cant wait for the proposal, but I feel guilty at times...I feel as though I've ruined the surprise by "snooping". He can never know that I read it else he'll be upset im sure..

Should I have snooped? Anyone else went through the same?

Sorry for the long post...

xx

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Re: Newbie here :)
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

Why where you going through his personal emails? Do you not trust him? Is he not entitled to his privacy? I know my FH password but I never just sit down and read his emails. I think you should feel guilty about snooping and refrain from doing it in the future.

Congrats on the upcoming engagement though........
wedding tickers

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

OOOH! Lucky girl! Congrats!

I'm 2.5 years and still waiting. I'm hoping by the end of the year, after his little sis gets married.

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

i agree with starfish, was there a reason you were going through the emails or just snooping to find out if he was going to propose to you? i mean, i'm super happy for your upcoming engagement, but if you were reading them soley for finding out the "dirt" on his intentions then that's kinda weird... i mean, i know that my bf is going to propose and i know he got the ring, but that's only cuz he left the receipt in my seat in the car and when i went to get in the car i saw it. i didn't tell him that i saw it and that was 4 weeks ago, i'm excited to be getting engaged, and i'm sure he's asking me when we leave on our trip to Mexico this weekend, but still there's the difference, he was the dodo for leaving the receipt in my seat, i didn't go looking for it...but good luck anyway
Daisypath Anniversary tickers    a PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

ok..hmmm

let me say that I did not intentionally go through his emails hoping to see "dirt" on him..

I did have some regret about what I did after I saw the conversation and its not like i dont trust him or anything.

That was the first time I went through his mails...but you girls never snooped, not with emails only but anything?

Seriously??

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

Seriously. I would never go through my husbands emails, and I have his password too. There have been times where he would call me from work or whatever and ask me to please open his email or even bank account online to pay something or to see something when he couldnt get to a computer. He has my passwords too, or at least he probably knows them in the back of his head somewhere, but neither of us would EVER just randomly look through one anothers email like that. I just dont think its right. And thats exactly why we have each others passwords ...because we have nothing to hide, BUT, we also respect each others privacy and we both TRUST that the other person would never USE that password information unless they had permission or absolutely needed to for some reason. So, if hes trusting you with his password, show him the same respect by NOT using it to snoop. Not cool.

Congratulations on the engagement.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So I made a mistake...

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

If it really was the first time and also the last time then I think you can forgive yourself. So long as it was just over whelming curiosity that just got the better of you and not some deep seeded need to snoop.

The actual proposal will still be a surprise.

wedding tickers

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

Can I just say from experience that you better be careful about snooping around, because you just might find something you wont like.

Lilypie - (8e8A)

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: leahcall

Honestly, I did the exact same thing. Then I wrote an email to my best friend to share my excitement. Which my FH found when I let him use my email for something.

We have each other's passwords and don't get offended by "snooping." If I'm texting a male friend like 100x at night, I'll show my FH my screen so he still feels in the loop. We don't believe in secrets in our house, so we both really don't have anything that we don't openly talk about.

You'll still be surprised... You don't know when he is going to ask, how he is going to ask or how perfect a ring he picked out just for you. I know what my ring looks like and that it is being sized, but I have NO idea when the ring is coming back and when my FH is going to propose and make everything official.

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: leahcall

my opinion about snooping is that you shouldn't snoop unless you have serious concerns that he is lying to you about something.

www.mywedding.com/lorrieandchris

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine