Parasol or boquet?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Parasol or boquet?
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 1:02 PM

I love the idea of having a beautiful white paper parasol as an alternative to a boquet, but would this be an inapropriate accessory when we're saying our vows? The boquet gives me something to busy my hands with while keeping them at a lower area of my body. The parasol may block the view for some guests and I'm worried that having my hands positioned higher on my body might give the appearence that I'm trying to draw attention to myself. I've seen a lot of wedding parasol pictures, but only in various wedding photography photos, not necesarily at the alter. Has anybody opted for something other than a traditional boquet? Opinions welcomed.

Thanks.

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Re: Parasol or boquet?
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

The MOH generally holds the bouquet for the bride while she is at the altar, so it would probably be the same thing with a parasol. If you go this route, you don't have to worry about blocking guests' view because you won't be holding the parasol at that point. I think you will be fine.

Edited by: amdjelly on Apr 22, 2010 2:14 PM

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: amdjelly

Oh, that's great! I didn't know that the maid of honor had that responsibility. That should work perfectly. Thanks for the help!

amdjelly Posts : 48 Registered: 8/7/09
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

No problem. :)

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Yep,

It would be an awkward ring exchange with a bouquet or whatever item the bride carried in their hands!

So don't worry about that.

Whatever you carry, just pass it off to your MOH.

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

I'm assuming your wedding is outside. I really like your idea of using a parasol instead! Very cute! I agree with the other girls, that you won't have to worry about it. You'll walk up the aisle, it'll almost be in replacement to a veil as well as a bouquet. Then when you get to the altar, you can close it down. If you want to fiddle, you can hold onto the handle while it's closed and facing down, until it's time for the vows, and pass it over to the MOH as tradition. How fun!

AndreaCTWI Posts : 5 Registered: 4/27/10
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Parasols are so pretty...
You shouldn't have any problems as other brides advised, as your MOH should hold it for you at the altar anyways...
But if you are afraid, you can still carry a bouquet and use the arasol for pictures, just like this birde did at her wedding seen on:

http://www.creative-theme-wedding-ideas.com/valentines-wedding-theme.html

Valentines wedding theme, red wedding dress, valentines wedidng dress,holiday wedding theme

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 8:18 AM Go to message in response to: AndreaCTWI

I love that picture. I think the white paper parasols look so classy.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine