Pocket-fold invitations?

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Pocket-fold invitations?
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 6:34 PM

So I'm messing around with designing my invitations online and the design that I have fallen in love with only comes in a pocket-fold design and i'm confused what that is. I'm not sure what is comes with, and what I need to order? I'm looking at the picture and I'm not sure what comes with the invitation, or how the layout works, maybe someone can help clarify?

Here is the website: http://www.magnetstreet.com/details/market/517/productId/28547
Wedding Countdown Ticker

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Pocket-fold invitations?
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Dear PB,

I had a look at your link, and I'm confused, too!

It looks like the invitation for the ceremony is on the front, and the invitation for the reception is on the back. They seem to have save-the-date cards, but no RSVP cards.

Weird.

If you really love this particular graphic design, why not phone the company and ask for samples to be sent to you? That's what I did back in the pre-internet 1970s. I sent requests to about a dozen invitation companies and asked for their sample packets. I got to see actual samples in their "real" sizes as well as feel the paper stock.

I just went back and looked. They have a Free Sample request form. That should do it. Odd: in the sample request form, they don't have RSVP cards, either. Hmmm...

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks! I didn't even see the free sample request! Hopefully it will all make sense when I get it in the mail. They have that design in regular invitation sizes (square, rectangle, etc.) but they all have a cherry blossom branch on it and I didn't like that. Thanks for your help :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Dear PB,

Personally, I wouldn't order something as important as wedding invitations without checking out a sample first. You really need to know the quality of the paper and the "feel" in your hand.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Whew that IS confusing - I ordered samples of everything that caught my eye and defenitely a good idea as they came in sometimes smaller or slightly different color than online. Plus it felt good to "feel" it. I am doing pocketfolds myself but what I ddid was order my pocketfolds (silver metallic) off paperandmore.com and went to archivers for everything else. Honestly I wish I had thought to design online (just learned that) because so far the hardest part is putting together a design for the actual WRITING part! lol..Im so much more pickier since its in the back of my mind that its for MY wedding - so good luck I hope you dont run into that problem!! (p.s. paperandmore was super cheap for me - pocketfolds, matching envelopes, matching rsvp envelopes - all for like $130 I believe)

2bmel2010 Posts : 26 Registered: 10/7/07
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

I'm getting my invites from magnetstreet as well.
when you requested the samples did you also request their catalog? I did that & it really helped... sealed the deal. Their paper isn't flimsy either, it's nothing compared to going into an actual stationary store but for an online place it's pretty good.

As for the layout... I looked at a couple of the other pockets & I believe yours goes like this: invitation on front, reception info on the back. The envelope at the bottom is to hold the rsvp & enclosure cards, refer to this which is said under the picture of the invite:

"Pretty and practical. Keep your ensemble items neatly tucked inside your Pocket Wedding Invitation by fastening it with a coordinating adhesive seal. Another stylish option to keep your pocket wedding invitation closed, is to wrap it with a Vellum Band and fasten it with a Seal. Choose from a variety of adhesive Seals to complement your look and keep your invite chic and organized. Adhesive Seals and Vellum Bands are sold separately"

Does that make sense?? Hope that helps.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

It includes: Pocket invitation, envelope--fairly standard

These are the extras and how much they cost.

Enclosure Cards: $70/100 cards
RSVP post cards: $70/100 cards
RSVP Envelopes: $25/100 envelopes
Thank you Cards: $169/100 cards
Seals: $20/100 seals - $30/ 100 seals

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine