THE RING CAME IN!!! ..but I can't wear it..

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

CaliforniaLove Posts : 15 Registered: 2/15/09
THE RING CAME IN!!! ..but I can't wear it..
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 9:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am super excited, but I have limited outlets to express my excitement since.. we're not engaged yet. I thought this would be an appropriate forum for my little rant. :)

Well to preface, my boyfriend and I have been looking at rings for a little over a year. He and I have very different taste in jewelry, so we decided early on that it would be a fun bonding experience to pick out the ring together. For a while I was changing my mind every couple of months, but back in December I found "the one". It was a custom made piece at our local jeweler and (I know it sounds stupid but) I fell in love. They told us that when we were ready we could pick out a center stone and they would make a setting that was very similar to the ring I loved. Well, my boyfriend decided we were ready to start the design process last month and today he picked it up!

I'm sure most of you think it's really weird (as well as non-traditional/unromantic) that my boyfriend told me that he picked the ring up, but I knew it was coming in this week and I couldn't help but bug him. I had him send me a few pictures and I'M OBSESSED! It is exactly what I wanted and more! Now I just have to get through these last few weeks of school.. AHHHH! I'm so excited! :D

-Thanks for reading my nonsense!

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Re: THE RING CAME IN!!! ..but I can't wear it..
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

congrats! I hope the proposal is just as nice as the ring!

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Woot! sounds exciting! I would kill to be able to see my ring. Congrats!

ChrisBride Posts : 33 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

That sounds so awesome yet so cruel! I feel like we're in the same shoes knowing what the ring looks like and now just having to wait! Let's hope the wait isn't long so you can come back and tell us the proposal story!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: ChrisBride

Thank you for all of your sweet responses. We currently live on opposite sides of the country, so the proposal wont happen until I get home in mid-May. :( When it does, I'll make sure to update everyone!

Good luck to all of you with your impending proposals! I'm sure the day to day anxiety is unbearable! Since, I know mine will not be happening for at least 6 weeks, I'm trying to put everything out of my mind and concentrate on finals..

LOnDZ Posts : 57 Registered: 6/10/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2010 1:01 AM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

It is absolutely gorgeous! I, too, know what my ring looks like because it used to be my grandmother's. I'm just waiting for my proposal so that I can wear it!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: LOnDZ

I don't think that is weird at all!

My boyfriend and I both fell in love with a ring last week. It's coming through UPS sometime this week and I'm not allowed to intercept the package. My boyfriend will be dropping it off at our local Tiffany's to be correctly sized and to put the serial number in my name. So, I know that he bought me my dream ring but I have no clue when he will be getting the ring back sized from NY and I have no idea when he's proposing :)

I think it is more fun when you know that they have the ring and they are just waiting until the perfect time to surprise you :)

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: BlueBoxBlueShoes

Thank you Londz!

BlueBoxBlueShoes - which setting did you decide on? I know you mentioned a few on another post.. :)

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

Well, I thought we were going to get a simple solitaire setting at around 1-1.5ct....

But we came across an authentic Tiffany estate piece that Tiffany will service and refurbish for the same price as a 1 ct: THREE stone, over 1 ct. in the center and a total carat weight of over 2 carats! Platinum Tiffany setting and the diamonds are almost flawless at VVS1-VVS2. I am SO excited!!!!!

I have a very very tiny ring finger (approx. 3) so the three stone 2ctw will cover my entire finger with just rocks. My boyfriend is so excited that he was joking last night that he can't wait to just stare at it for a while before he sends it in to be sized.

CapeTownBride Posts : 37 Registered: 4/16/10
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:46 AM Go to message in response to: BlueBoxBlueShoes

Wow! That sounds absolutely breathtaking! My boyfriend is currently saving for my ring and I'm hoping it will happen soon. In the meanwhile, I'm sending him ideas of what I like. I would absolutely kill for something as beautiful as you're describing, especially because it is antique. We don't have Tiffany's in our country (and our budget is a lot more modest) so I'm eagerly awaiting pictures of yours! I can't wait to see it...

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: CapeTownBride

Pictures Removed

Edited by: CaliforniaLove on May 2, 2010 11:13 PM

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

CaLove your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! Is the center stone a pink diamond? I would be dying to have it on my finger too if I was you! =) Congrats ladies!! Getting engaged is super exciting!! I also knew my engagement was coming but had no idea when my hubby was going to do it. I knew what the ring looked like, that he had asked my dad for his permission and that the ring was in his possession. It was driving me crazy!!
wedding website

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Thank you FinallyMrsF! No, it's not a pink diamond.. I wish! :D Pink is my favorite color though.. and since my bf talked me out of getting a pink setting (Simon G) we're looking at wedding bands with pink diamonds and rose good! Sigh, 1 more month until I will finally be in California!! I can't wait!

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

I love the underside of your ring... very cool!

CTB, I will definitely post pics once I have that ring on my hand! The only thing saving my sanity is knowing that the ring is being sized in NY and will have to be shipped back. I don't know what kind of raving lunatic I would be if I thought the ring was hidden somewhere at home.

CapeTownBride Posts : 37 Registered: 4/16/10
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 3:37 AM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

Wow! That is stunning! Soooooo much sparkle!

I wouldn't be able to wait for that, either!

I'm also really excited to see yours, BlueBoxBlueShoes... I live in South Africa, so I've never actually "known" someone who has a ring from Tiffany's! sigh

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine