engagement and wedding announcements in the newspaper

Online Users: 1,293 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
engagement and wedding announcements in the newspaper
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 12:59 PM

My fiance and I are wanting to put an announcement in the newspaper, but im not exactly sure about the etiquette for that. What information should be included?

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: engagement and wedding announcements in the newspaper
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

We put one in my hometown and DH's, and both newspapers had specific (and different from one another!) guidlines. If you look on the newspaper's website, you should be able to find instructions, as well as examples. DH's hometown paper wasn't too picky, but mine was very specific about what they wanted, and wouldn't accept much variation, so you should definitely check it out to get an idea of what they'll publish.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

Dear Mrs F,

Just look at the other announcements in that paper and write yours in the same style.

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

thank you for your responses. my newspaper didnt have guidelines, but i did look at recent announcements. i think im going to keep it short and sweet

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: FmF

Dear Mrs F,

" i think im going to keep it short and sweet"

Good. Also remember, the newspaper is available to everyone. Friends, family, burglars, perverts.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Aunt, that was my thought exactly.

Future Mrs. Fransen

--Unknown

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine