Nj wedding venues.. I need serious help!

Online Users: 1,238 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

LJD2011 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/4/10
Nj wedding venues.. I need serious help!
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 1:13 PM

Ok, I got engaged about 3 months ago..I live in north/central nj and I have already looked at about 12 places in the past month. We wanted to have a beach/water view and 10 were just not my idea where I wanted to get married, ugly dropped ceilings, or conference room feeling, which I do not want. The other 2 were outrageous. I am sorry, but I don't want to pay over $200 for 200+ people that I am having! I should be able to find an awesome place for like $175 including tax and gratuities. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?!? I am willing to forget about a beach view if the place is really nice and a good price. Thanks!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Nj wedding venues.. I need serious help!
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: LJD2011

Have you tried the Venetian in Garfield? I am not sure of the prices, but the hall itself is stunning. They don't have a beach view, but I am fairly certain they would be within your budget.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I have seen the Venetian, and it is absolutely beautiful, and totally expensive. Thanks tho!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: LJD2011

Did you try Merri-Makers Catering? THey have a couple different locations and I believe one is in the Sandy Hook area near the bay.

http://www.merrimakers.com/

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Edited by: NJ4Life on Apr 8, 2010 11:35 AM

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ4life, I've been to Merrimakers in Deal (I think), my brother got married there, but I didn't know they had other locations. I will look into it. I appreciate it!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine