Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

LaurK Posts : 5 Registered: 8/27/09
Re: Pronovias Harlem anyone??
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

I figured it out!!

AnnaBanana27 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/13/09
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: LaurK

Oh my gosh I LOVE it!!! It looks so good with the dress!!! Gosh now Im thinking I may need something...either a sash or flower or something. I bought a pretty large hair flower from Etsy, do you think I could add something to the dress and wear this hair flower and it still look ok?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Hey do you mind posting pics when you try the dress on with the sash? Im really thinking of getting one...Thanks!:)

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Not a problem! I don't know when I'll be back to the bridal salon but I'm hopefully going to go look for BM dresses there. If so I'll try it on then and take pictures. Are you sure the sash looks like it matches enough? I know a picture isn't the best way to tell but I'm getting worried that the organza on top of the taffeta looks a little funny. I love the belt though and really hope it works out!

I think you can definitely give the flower in your hair and something else on the dress a shot. Might need to do a more simple belt but it could work. Let me know what you decide.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: LaurK

Yes I think the belt looks great!!!! I never even thought about adding a belt and I love the idea! I think the materials look great together. Thanks and defintly post some pics:) My dress should be coming in next week (crossing fingers) so I will post some pics when I try it on!

FutureMrsBeugnot Posts : 1 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 4:59 AM Go to message in response to: bluedaisies28

I am really likeing this dress!!!! It looks great on you too!! What kind of material is it? Does it come in more than one material??? Thanks!!!

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBeugnot

I believe it's taffeta. It comes in ivory and white but I don't think any different fabrics. It is a flattering shape...technically a-line but is form fitting a bit longer than most a-lines.

bluedaisies28 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/4/09
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: LaurK

I'm not sure about any details of the flower- I mentioned to the bridal consultant that the dress needed a "little peice of flair" and she turned around and grabbed this off the shelf! I think someone already mentioned it, but it's just a taffeta flower, complete luck how well it matched.

Another detail that I want to mention for the sash that holds the flower- in the back I want to do an obi bow (it looks like half a normal bow turned on it's side) I won't share a picture because I'd be exposing myself since the dress was a little small!)

Also- I plan on having a flower in my hair and on the dress! I don't think it'll be too much at all :)

Edited by: bluedaisies28 on Oct 6, 2009 2:35 PM

SoonToBeMRSMay30 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/29/10
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: bluedaisies28

Hi girls!
I am so excited to find this site!! I am also a Pronovias-Harlem girl (and I am getting married on 5/30- I saw 2 other people in this forum are too!) I have my fitting in March and will post a pic then but I did find this in the mean time: http://jenniferdaiglephotography.com/?p=614 The dress is so beautiful :) I will say though, while I do love it I too have felt like maybe it needed soemthing else. I am wearing my mother's catherdral length veil which has some lace on it... maybe after I post a pic of me in it y'all can let me know if you think I should add someting to the dress. I also plan on just wearing earrings and putting a flower in my hair after I take off the veil for the reception.

SoonToBeMRSMay30 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/29/10
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: LaurK

I LOVE the sash! Any chance I could see it on you?? I just am interested to see where the sash falls.

LEK Posts : 1 Registered: 11/28/08
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMRSMay30

I can send you a picture if you would still like...but I am having trouble posting it. Do you want to give me your email address? Sorry - not sure how I got this before and can't figure it out now.

Rayan Posts : 2 Registered: 4/1/10
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Hi ladies! I just wanted to wish you all a happy wedding (seems like many of you are May brides). Exciting!

Also, I am absolutely in LOVE with this gown. Would any of you be looking to sell it after your wedding and share the Harlem love?

Caroline10 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: LaurK

I just recently purchased the Pronovias Harlem and am so excited! I have been searching for other pictures of the dress and LOVE your sash! I have been feeling like it would be nice to add a little something to the dress. Do you have any photos of you in the dress with the sash? I am curious how it looks and how it connects with the back of the dress.

Catherine1 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/13/10
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: Rayan

Hi Pronovias Harlem fans! I have a brand new (never been worn and still in the bag), Pronovias Harlem wedding dress for sale. I cancelled my July wedding and never had the chance to wear it. It has been kept safe in a smoke-free home since then, and is ready to go to a bride who actually gets to wear it on her special day :).

I have it in ivory. It has a sweetheart top, rouching at the top and buttons down the back (the exact same dress posted throughout this forum). I also have a really pretty pearl and crystal sash that accompanies it very well.

Please let me know if you are interested and let me know if you would also like the sash. Thanks so much! Catherine

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine