mascara

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

oceanwedding Posts : 1 Registered: 1/5/10
mascara
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 6:25 PM

I plan on crying when I get married. I was wondering what is a great all day, no flake, no run waterproof mascara? Also my face is oily. Can anyone recommend good makeup blotting sheets that wont take my make up off? Thanks.

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Re: mascara
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: oceanwedding

I LOVE Maybelline XXL Extension...when they say "Waterproof" THEY MEAN IT, haha! It's really awesome, gives great length too. It's a two step mascara. Step 1 is white, wait a few seconds to sort of let it set before putting on Step 2 which is your color (black, blackish/brown, brown)...voila

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

StarlitHolly Posts : 47 Registered: 2/23/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: oceanwedding

If your eyes are sensitive I'd recommend Almay waterproof mascara. And false lashes! I loved my false lashes on my wedding day.
Also, I wouldn't put eyeliner on the bottom line of your eyes - no matter what I've used, it always moves when I cry!

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ the world is made of faith and trust and pixie dust ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 

21. Canadian. Living in Hawaii. Stay-At-Home Wife.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: StarlitHolly

I'm with Holly on the eyeliner, except that I have found one eyeliner that works. It's by Bobbi Brown. Here is the link: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22753&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1109

It's $21 plus shipping and handling. I know some department stores carry it though. I used that in a trial run for my makeup and let me tell you, I couldn't get it to come off for anything! When they says it becomes transfer proof, they basically mean it will take some hardcore makeup remover to get it off.

With foundations, I think it's just going to be trial and error. Go to an Ulta or a Sephora and tell them what you need and your issues and guaranteed you'll find at least a couple options.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: oceanwedding

I am in love with Maybelline Lash Stiletto, which does come in waterproof. I wore it for my wedding and it worked great (I also wear it every day)

http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Eye/Mascara/lash-stiletto-waterproof-mascara.htm

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Ditto on the maybelline lash stiletto! :)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Too-Faced has a great mascara. Actually, if you want to test some out, get the Sephora Lashtastic sample kit. These samples are really good sized.

My test was: one mascara on left eye and one on right. If I didn't like application, that mascara was removed and another put on. Add sappy movie that always makes me cry. Check face.

Too-Faced's Lash Injection was the hands down winner. It came off easily with soap and water, but not tears. And it's not a runny mess when it comes off...its a lash coat....kinda like gloves on the lashes

Misty

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: oceanwedding

Here's some advice on the foundation: there's a great product out by Mary Kay (go figure, I don't even go for 99% of their stuff) that I, a woman with HUGE oil issues, put on my T-zone before my foundation. It seems magical; it's almost like it makes my face stop producing oil when I put it on. If I put it on in the middle of the day and forget to wash my face before I go to bed, I'll wake up and still be oil free. It's $15 dollars for a tube that will last you practically forever, and I highly recommend it to anyone with oily skin. Give it a shot!

The link is:
http://www.marykay.com/skincare/specificneeds/10031573/10031573/default.aspx

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

A makeup artist once told me to apply any falsh lashes first then use a regular mascara to get the look you are going for as far as fullness, color, length,etc. Then follow with a single layer of waterproof mascara on the top and bottom of the lashes, this seals everything. By using the regular mascara and then the waterproof you avoid being too clumpy or flaking. I use Covergirl Lash Blast and it is very waterproof.

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

I used Loreal Collegan Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara, and it worked wonderfully and I love it, I use the regular kind every day. I didn't use blotting papers though, just powder throughout the day. I cried but you couldn't tell! It's like $6.50 at Walmart!

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: JennfromFolsom

I recommend using Cover Girl lash blast, I'm a freelance makeup artist as well and this is what I use. All waterproof formulas are definitely more "clumpy" than the regular kinds, so I would suggest not using more than one coat of waterproof,either use false lashes and then top with the mascara or use your normal mascara and then seal with a coat of waterproof :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

time94am Posts : 42 Registered: 5/16/10
Posted: May 16, 2010 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

I'll second the XXL Maybelline mascara. It works wonderfully for me. Although I haven't used Maybelline Stiletto, I've heard glowing reports on it, as well.

beachybride2011 Posts : 4 Registered: 6/2/10
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: time94am

I worry about crying, streaking etc.
I am using Lancome and so far so good. But I am getting married in Mexico in July!! Now I need a bunch of blotting paper strips too!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: oceanwedding

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine