1 week

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Re: 1 week
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: waiting2bemrs

That is fabulous that you or people you know have met their SO's through the internet. I'm sure they emailed back and forth for 2-3 weeks and then met in public on a first date and went from there within a month or two months period of time.

The OP has been talking to the same person for 10 years and has never met them. She has it in her mind that they are getting married... It could be a woman on the otherside of the computer screen for all she knows. The woman could have a male friend that talks to the OP on the phone for her and this internet sham is something they are doing for fun. What if it's an ex-convict with a record? What if he has a record of preying on women and little girls? You seriously never know. We live in a sick, twisted world.

If you are still going through with this, great. But I urge you to bring people you know with you, meet in a PUBLIC place, carry something to protect your self and have a mini can of hairspray in your purse to spray him in the eyes if he tries to attack you. And have a cellphone on you! Be safe, please...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

It's been ten years and you couldn't meet each other in person until now? I'm sorry but that seems very strange to me. Be safe!!

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

I have gone through and read your previous posts. Over 10 years and you have never met? With his "work" its hard to stay in contact? Sweetie.....my gut is telling me you are being played. I know that isn't what you want to hear. How many times have you planned to meet and it never happened? You wanted a proposal for your bday, then Xmas, now Easter? You have never met! I am not against meeting someone online. I met mine online....but there is no reason to know each other for 10 years online and not meet. Even if you live in different countries! I am so sorry.

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: corac715

Well, her meeting was supposed to be today, so hopefully we'll hear something back soon.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I sure hope we hear back from songwriter! I'm intrigued to find out how the first meet goes and on my birthday, nonetheless!

check out our wedding website: www.shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I know, me too! It's like a novella unfolding.

Anyone got popcorn? I'm busting out the chocolate. *:P

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Me too!

I'm crossing my fingers for her.

I know that waiting is such a hard thing to do, even when you know or are already living with the SO like me. When things seem totally out of your control, things not living up you your expectations are dissapointing and can lead to heartbreak.

AutumnSage Posts : 2 Registered: 3/21/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Songwriter, I just wanted to say good luck to you!
I met my bf online and I know a lot of very happy couples that have done so as well. It can be risky but, for me, it has been very rewarding. My bf and I have been together 6 years (and met each other in person within the first year and a half) and yes, it is important to realize that how you act online/over the phone will be very different in person.
:) I hope you find happiness together and good luck!

Kendra

Posted: Apr 3, 2010 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Any sign of SongwriterPrincess, anyone?

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I sent her a private message but didn't get a response. :(

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: corac715

LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 7:14 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Bosox - LOL? What exactly do you find so funny?

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Was there a set plan for him to come in 1 week? When I read this from her original post

"I'm saying a week because next
week is my spring break and it would be the perfect time for me to
introduce him to family and friends as well as spend one on one time
with him!! I am so excited!!!"

I got the impression that they don't have set plans for meeting--but that for her it would be 'the perfect time.'

It seems like she gets a little head of herself. She has her potential wedding date set for June of this year and she hasn't (or hadn't) even met him yet let alone gotten a proposal.

I hope she's not one of those members who disappears off the face of the boards. I am curious about whether or not she got her visit and if she did--how it turned out.

Hopefully everything went okay for her.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

It appears to me that she is living in a fantasy cyber world with this man. It makes me sad to think about it. I hope she is ok. I hope she finds what makes her happy.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: corac715

The not meeting for ten years part was what got me. Granted, internet based long-distance relationships can sometimes take a while to get off the ground, but ten years? No. Something's just off there.

I only hope she's alright & simply hasn't come back to the boards, and that something hasn't happened to her.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine