Online Users: 1,226 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 22

MRG Posts : 3 Registered: 1/30/10
How Long?
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 9:50 PM

How long have you been dating?

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: How Long?
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: MRG

We were together for 7 years before getting engaged (met young), engaged for one year, and have been married for two. This month, we're celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and 10 years together.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: MRG

We've been dating for 11 1/2 months. Living together for 6 months.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    a PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

MRG Posts : 3 Registered: 1/30/10
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Well that makes me feel better. I have been dating my BF for 5 and half years. Recently my mother has been sending my emails and voicemails nagging me on why were not married. It also seems that everyone lately has been asking me the same questions "You've been dating how long? and your not married?oh okay"

Its been draining.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: MRG

Ugh, I got the same thing. DH and I were together 4 1/2 years when he proposed. Everyone's response was "finally." We were fine with dating that long. I had my own apt and he lived at home to save money. We were both starting new jobs and didn't want to worry about find a house together and planning a wedding at that time too. Of course now that we're married we are constantly asked "when are you gonna have a baby?"

So, get used to the questions :) Unfortunately they don't stop :P But enjoy dating your boyfriend and you will get engaged when the time is right.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

Yeah, I understand that it's annoying, but don't let it get to you. Personally, I think it's kind of silly that society assumes that couples will get married after 3-5 years. And yes, it is offensive that some people assume you're not serious if you wait longer than 'normal' to get married. Personally, I have a lot of friends who dated their spouses for 6+ years before getting married. Most of these couples met their future spouse in college or shortly thereafter and dated for a long time because one of both of them were pursuing advanced degrees or pursuing career opportunities in different cities. That was the case for us, and I'm proud that we did the right thing for us.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

Fh and I were dating about 5 and 1/2 years before he popped the question. By the time we get married we would have been dating for 7 years :) Waiting is good at times. Gave us time to do the things we needed to do.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

When FH and I get married we will have been dating for nine years. Gosh, that sounds like so long. We started dating at the very beginning of high school, so any sooner would have just been ridiculous for us.

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

Same here. 9 years and you know, I wouldn't change a thing. I feel my FH and I went through the roller coaster of insecurities and doubts and have grown with each other. To be more specific, we were together almost 8 1/2 years when he proposed and our 9 year is in June when we're getting married.
    When is my wedding

LOnDZ Posts : 57 Registered: 6/10/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

I've been with Daniel for 3.5 years and we've been living together since before we started dating. We were roommates before we were together and after a few months, we moved to a house I was waiting to be closed on and have been here since.

I was 22 and he was 21.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

princessbride2010 Posts : 58 Registered: 10/20/08
Posted: Apr 4, 2010 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: LOnDZ

My FH and I have been together for 6 1/2 years. We were together for 5 years before we got engaged. :-) We actually got engaged on our 5 year anniversary!

http://sites.google.com/site/jandj2010

http://princessbride2010.brides.com

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

Our first date will have been exactly a year ago on April 6th.

RyanandKelly2009 Posts : 32 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

People will always find some way to nag you. If you've been dating for 3 or more years it's "when will you finally get married" or if you have only been dating a year or so people ask "why so soon, are you pregnant". Ignore them, it's best to do things on your own terms and in your own time.

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

A year and 3 months. We are not living together yet. FH wants to pay off his bills and get a new car and save for atleast a year. No rush at all. Enjoying being together.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: MRG

about 2 1/2 years

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine