Hotels

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Hotels
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 4:20 PM

We have arranged a special rate at a hotel for our wedding guests. I provided the information on our wedding website. I provided the wedding website on our save-the-dates and invitations. As of now only 7 rooms have been booked. When I look at the guest list- I estimate about 50 rooms should be booked.

I don't want to hand hold my guests, but i'd like them to get the best rate possible. Do you think I should just let people book when they do (they are adults after all), or should I try to contact people (of course only those that have RSVP'd) and remind them. The hotel releases rooms (from the special rate) one month before the wedding (release on April 15th).

Thanks!

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
Re: Hotels
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Maybe just send a reminder that the cut off date is coming up for the special rate?
Friendship is a wonderful base for love...
When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

The same thing happened to a GF of mine. She ended up putting the cut off date in her status on FB! Like "FYI, the date is coming soon, book now or you won't get the group rate". I'll tell ya, it worked for me, b/c I totally forgot!!

I dont think there is anything wrong with a general reminder for that. Have your mom and MIL spread the word with family too.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Dear Mrs K,

On the one hand, they are adults and should be able to book their own hotels. You have provided the info, and the rest should be up to them.

On the other hand, a reminder is not out of order. Why not try something like this:

"http://after lots of chit chat about other things... And, I'm wondering about the hotel. Our deadline for the special rate is fast approaching, so I hope everyone is getting their room. then move on to another subject"

In other words, you are not saying "Hey, Idiot, get your room in the next couple of days".

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I would do facebook but i'm friends with a lot of people that aren't coming to the wedding, so I dont really want to do that. Many of the people are friends of my parents or FI's parents, so I don't have the email address of most people. It would be bizzare to send another note.

So for those people I talk to, i'll do a little reminder when we talk. Everyone else i'll leave up to my mom and FI's mom.
Thanks all

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Dear Mrs K,

"So for those people I talk to, i'll do a little reminder when we talk. Everyone else i'll leave up to my mom and FI's mom."

Sounds like a good plan. After all, everyone invited is known to you, your FH, your parents or his parents. There's nothing wrong with a casual comment.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

In my experience, most people wait until the last minute to do most things. I rarely book a hotel room for a wedding until the day before the cut-off date. And even if I fully intend to attend a wedding, I don't send back the response card until the week it's due. Why? Because I know that things often come up, and if a trip for work is going to come up at the last minute, it's easier to just check no on my response card than it is to contact the couple and explain why I have to back out and call a hotel and cancel my reservation. So I wouldn't be too worried about it, yet.

That said, a lot of people forget and appreciate a reminder. For our wedding, I sent an email to everyone on our guest list about a week before the hotel deadline, reminding them of the deadline and making sure everyone had the contact info for the hotel. I have received similar emails for many weddings, as well.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine