Petite brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27
Re: Petite brides
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I too am short (5'2").  I have a short torso which means that it is really hard to find dresses that don't make me look strange.  the "Anjolique" brand has beautiful dresses, and all can be ordered in a "petite" size, which means the bodice of the dress is cut differently to accommodate brides who have shorter torsos.  I also believe that the petite size is cut 2 or 3 inches shorter on the skirt, so it is less likely that you will have to have it shortened.  I would definitely see if you can find a salon in your area and ask a lady there about them.  BEAUTIFUL dresses.... worth taking a look at, especially because they are so accommodating of us shorter brides! 

2008Bride Posts : 95 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This doesn't have to do with the style of the gown, but I've hadd my eye on a dress from David's Bridal for the past year now. I'm trying dresses on next tuesday!! woohoo!! But about 3 weeks ago I went to the website to look and they now how petite sizes! I called my local DB and they said yes that it's the same dress, they just take 3 inches off the regular style. Thats great news for my wallet when it comes time to alter my dress for my 5 foot nothing self. And by the way..I'm in the same boat most of you are in. My FH is 6'5!! thats almost a foot and a half difference. Sometimes when we are walking hand in hand I will tell him thta we must look funny walking side by side and we joke about it. I love being short though :) Good luck finding your dress!

Nicole

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: 2008Bride

LOL Fh and I have the same issue... He is over a foot taller than me.  Most of the time I don't notice, but when I see pictures of the two of us standing together, I think either "damn I'm short" or "damn he's tall!!" :)

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

lol... FH sometimes kneels on the floor next to me and will say "how do you live down here like this?" haha so then I'll stand on a chair and say "aren't YOU afraid of heights? hahaha

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: 2008Bride

ahahahahaha that was so funny!

Mine watches me struggle to get anything out of the cabinet and after he realizes I'm about to jump on the counter and NOT going to ask him to help, he panics and gets up to get what I'm going for.

We look pretty funny in pictures, too. I don't really notice it until we either see each other's shadow in a window or mirror or something when we are walking outside or we get our pictures taken! I love being short and I love to have a tall boyfriend, so it works out.

Message was edited by sep060708 on Jul 26, 2007 6:50 PM

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went to a wedding once where the groom was over a foot taller than the bride.  When the pastor said "you may now kiss the bride", he produced a hidden stepstool.  The bride dramatically stepped up and kissed the groom.  It was a great moment, very cute, and really unique.

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm glad Im not the only short one!  Im 5'2" and my FH is 6'3"  but I never even thought of looking short, everyone in our families know Im short than him, really shorter lol. 
I get the greatest Birthday present of all, marrying my love, Matthew...We get married on March 29th!  My bday is March 30th! Angela

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

lol about the step stool whem kissing at the ceremony...it's a cute idea!  Now that I think about it...I never have to tell FH I want a kiss or grab him and makehim come down for it. He just comes down for it and knows i guess. I wonder how he knows? haha

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My sister is 5'1" and her husband is 6'3" (I think).  She wore a strapless dress with a betailed bodice and an A-line simple train.  She chose to avoid a lot of decorations on the skirt because they would most likely be cut off anyway.  Here is a picture of my sister on her wedding day in her dress.

90eab148.png picture by muliz24

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

Her dress looks cute! 

LaNoviaLatina Posts : 1 Registered: 1/21/10
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Try off the shoulder dresses if you like, that's what I'm planning on doing or try dresses that are sleeveless with spaquetti or thick straps. Those still accentuate our figure but make the bustline look more suttle. Also besides A-line, try empire waist gowns which elongate the body too. David's Bridal has an entire collection for petite women and in an affordable price range. Try it out.

KissAlways Believe In Love! Siempre Cree En El Amor!Kiss

12 Months to Go!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6723 is just $309.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine