Invitations

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

sarisbar Posts : 3 Registered: 3/31/10
Invitations
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 6:42 PM

I am fixing to addressed my daughter's wedding invitations. I will like to use gold ink as oppose to black on the invitation and response envelopes. Is this an absolute NO?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Invitations
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: sarisbar

Dear Saris,

" I will like to use gold ink as oppose to black on the invitation and response envelopes."

That's between you and the Post Office. It's not really an etiquette issue. Why not go to the PO and have a chat with the postmaster? Bring a sample, and see what they think of the gold ink.

"I am fixing to "

I just knew you were from the South when I read that phrase. My grandmother was from the South and she used "fixing to" all the time. That brings back memories!

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks for your input. It is actually and ettiquette dilema. As I am reading that the envelope must be addressed by using black since it is a formal occasion. I am using ecru envelopes and like better gold ink on them. However I do not want to be out touch.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: sarisbar

I think gold would be beautiful. If that's what you want, then go for it. I would not view it as a breach of etiquette or informal at all.

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Okay I am feeling more comfortable already. Thanks!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: sarisbar

Dear Saris,

"Etiquette" would be interested in seeing the invitations delivered to the guests. Gorgeous invitations are useless in the dead letter box. You don't want a whole bunch lost in the mail because postal machinery cannot read them.

Seriously, have a talk with your local postmaster.

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

We used gold since our invites were Red. Go for it. Out of all the etiquette issues, this is really minor.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine