Help! William Cahill Wedding Gown

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

MarthasMom Posts : 1 Registered: 1/10/10
Help! William Cahill Wedding Gown
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 12:41 PM

My daughter is planning her wedding (next year) and searching for her perfect dress. I wore a William Cahill gown at my wedding, and thought it would be great if she could wear a William Cahill as well (maybe mine, but I wanted her to be able to pick out her own). Is this designer still around? I can't seem to find any information. He might not still be around, obviously, but didn't anybody take over the label? Please educate me.

And if this designer is not available, who, these days, would be considered comparable? I really appreciate any advice. Thanks very much.

arenache Posts : 1 Registered: 3/31/10
Re: Help! William Cahill Wedding Gown
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: MarthasMom

I have a vintage size 8 William Cahill wedding gown for sale if anyone is interested. It was worn once for my own wedding in 1982 and has been stored away since. Before it was stored it was professionally cleaned and packaged but it will definitely need a professional steaming or pressing. I also noticed one of the rosettes that sit on the shoulder has come unattached but this can be easy sewn back on. If you'd like further details or pictures of this lovely gown, please let me know.

molaura Posts : 1 Registered: 10/21/10
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: MarthasMom

We are currently having my Aunts 1953 Cahill gown repaired and altered for my daughters wedding.....they are lovely gowns. Have you considered having her make some changes to your gown?

Edited by: molaura on Oct 23, 2010 11:33 AM

maryjane1 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/7/11
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: MarthasMom

I have a beautiful William cahill gown if needed... vintage

BrittanyHeller Posts : 18 Registered: 10/11/11
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: MarthasMom

My mom also wore a William Cahill gown on her wedding day, it was beautiful! I'm curious to know too if they are still around!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine