Anyone Having a Themed Wedding????

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 80

PoisonSugar Posts : 3 Registered: 4/4/09
Re: Anyone Having a Themed Wedding????
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

My theme is "Nature's Love"... I got the idea from the name of a serving set that I fell in love with! We're getting married at our state park under a picnic shelter (we're making fabulous with a ton of tulle and white linen!) Centerpeices are branches with 10 single blossom orchids sporatically placed on each branch placed on a mirrored tile. (Which btw... is MUCH cheaper if you go to a home improvement store - Lowes or Menards... Mirrored wall tile- 12/$20) Next to those will be 2 square vases with a mix of orchids, roses, beach grass, & hypericum berries. Wild flowers will be picked the day of the wedding and added as well. Square tea lights will accompany the centerpeice. The arbor will be a raw edge, wooden arbor drapped with ivy, ferns, greens from the woods. A crown of flowers will be used as opposed to the typical tiara. Invitations are simple with leaf like design around edges and a scroll-tree stamp will be applied to envelope of invitation. Cake will be a white square 3 tier with beach grass strung between a single orchid on each level of the tier. Grooms cake is a football shaped cake with a personalized topper of the groom in a Colts jersey (boo!) and the bride in a Saints jersey (hooray!!).

Woodglen Posts : 4 Registered: 12/7/09
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

My fiance and I wanted a Hollwood theme for our wedding. We wanted everyone to have fun with it, and wear sunglasses and walk the red carpet, but we are having trouble fitting florals into the wedding and tying everything together. Does anyone have any sugguestions? Our wedding is April 24, 2010. thanks.

Cool april 24th.

ALONDRA1313 Posts : 7 Registered: 1/27/10
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

Hi, my wedding will be on March 28,2010. It will a fairy tale theme.

Edited by: ALONDRA1313 on Jan 29, 2010 9:15 PM

StephanieandJames Posts : 4 Registered: 2/19/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

We are getting married Oct 2, 2010 and we are having a Moraccan Themed Wedding and reception. The colors are Deep Purple, Royal Blue, Burnt orange and Golds. I am wearing a traditional wedding dress but as soon as the reception kicks off, I will change into a teal and gold traditional moraccan dress! I have someone that is going to come in and do Henna for the reception! I am so excited! The only problem is that it is an outdoor wedding and reception so I cant get as much drama with the draping of colorful fabrics. The centerpieces on the tables will be a mix of lanterns with teal and purple lights and votives with water, flower petals, and colorful water proof led lighting. Thanks to Platinum Brides, Im having a platinum wedding on a super budget!
Never believed in love until your love found me!

Rhindy Posts : 1 Registered: 4/29/10
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I am going to have a Romeo and Juliet type of wedding. Where guests may dress up as different people from Romeo and Juliet. Or a `traditional wedding.

jenellsrevenge Posts : 1 Registered: 7/11/10
Posted: Jul 11, 2010 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: Rhindy

I seem to be moving fast. I just got engaged Friday, July 9th, but we are doing a kind of retro/vintage/rockabilly/old hollywood inspired wedding. Everything will be red, black and white. The guys will wear fedoras and all of the bridesmaids dresses will be within the theme colors, but they will all be designed to suit their body type. Myself and my mother will be making them as well as my wedding dress.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine