Wedding Dress help! Dragonorient.com

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Chopi Posts : 1 Registered: 5/29/09
Wedding Dress help! Dragonorient.com
Posted: May 29, 2009 9:24 PM

Has anyone purchased a wedding gown from Dragonorient.com? If so, how was your experience? was it good quality? good materials used?.....They have really good prices but I'm a little nervous about buying a dress online......thanks

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Re: Wedding Dress help! Dragonorient.com
Posted: May 30, 2009 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Chopi

I haven't bought a dress online but I've read different mixed reviews. Read the peridress.com thread a few down from this one, for an idea of people's experiences with an online seller.

Soon2BeMrsBeal Posts : 4 Registered: 3/25/09
Posted: May 30, 2009 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: Chopi

I considered buying the prettiest dress online but didn't. One of the best experiences that I will walk away with is shopping for my dress. I was pampered and primped without spending a dime. I went to 4 dress shops and tried on over 20 dresses. I didn't want to spend more than $200 on a dress!!! But I still tried on $1000 dresses and $99 dresses. I decided on a $799 at 70% off The beauty of it is, every shop owner knows that each bride will have a different budget and caters to them all. You can find your dream dress, don't do it online! You never know what you will get, wrinkled, damaged, lost, wrong item, color, size. The disasters are endless. Not to mention that if you are shopping for the lowest price, you can't be sure that your dress will go directly from box to ceremony. You may need to invest more money in altering or other maintenance. Your best bet is to check out as many bridal shops as you can until you actually find the one that makes your eyes sparkle. Undoubtedly you will.

starr621 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: May 30, 2009 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: Chopi

I just got my dress from an online shop (in china) www.topbridaldress.com
My dress is almost perfect, The straps are a little long but other than that it is amazing! I paid $200 for my dress because i am a bigger girl, but my dress in regular sizes is $167! Its the Allure style #898 (replica) and it looks almost exactly like it but i like mine better than the one in the pics!

gumi930 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/10
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: Chopi

I know this is an old post but I just want to share my experience with Dragonorient.net with future brides. I ordered flower girl dresses from the site. The dresses look horrible!! The shape is same but the material is completely different from what you see from the website. It looks like Halloween costume that you can buy at drug store. All dragon orient's dresses are custom made, so they don't accept returns. I contact them and told them that the material is not the same but they kept saying it is the same. There is no way that I will have my girls to wear the dress. I will be so embarrassed if I do. I only have 1 month left to the wedding, so I have to go dress shopping this weekend. I ordered from them because the price was reasonable and thought I don't have to walk around for another dress shopping. I just wasted $$$ for nothing. I wish I never ordered from them.

This is what I ordered

This is what I received

Edited by: gumi930 on Mar 15, 2010 12:34 PM

TheBriarPatch Posts : 15 Registered: 3/26/10
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeMrsBeal

Hello All: I sincerely understand the trials of purchasing formal wear online, but from the other side. We operate a true retail store, brick and mortar, and we also offer several collections online. It is my opinion that shopping in a true boutique is awesome and that internet shopping can be creepy. What we feel gives us the ability to sell well online is that we are a true storefront and online is just another venue to offer service and reach more customers. With that said, our entire staff is sincerely vested in our business....we do our work because we love it. Not to make a quick buck. My two cents would be to find an online retailer with a storefront presence, not just a warehouse shipping out dresses willy-nilly. We make sure to match dye lots, accent lots, the whole deal...just like a bridal store (well, because that's what we are). Be suspiscious of outfits that can ship within 24 hours...there is no way to match dye lots from in stock merchandise unless a record is well kept. Secondly, be sure their customer care associates actually work with the dresses when seeking advice. So many online sellers have contracted out customer care just to upsell and sell more. Lastly, check the return policy. Respect that you do not want a used dress, so return it within limits so it can be considered "new" for the next bride. Be careful with online sellers that require an "RA" to return things, be prepared for an argument if you are trying get an RA. That is our 2 cents from being in the business 10 plus years.

I am so sorry for the bad experiences mentioned here.

Good Luck! Pat at www.shopbriarpatch.com

"Cherishing children is the mark of a civilized society" Joan Ganz Cooney

paulNivy Posts : 1 Registered: 8/26/12
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: Chopi

Hi gals, this may have been an old post already but just to share my thoughts for future brides.

As a guide, you can always try to check out the site's reputation for further verification before transacting with them. Personally, I don't want to experience that as well especially on my own wedding day. :) So here goes. Have a look at http://verify1st.com/dragonorient.com.

They reveal a website's identity, reputation, and relationships. I must say these are quite helpful details to consider especially if we have some doubts on certain sites.

http://www.dragonorient.com/ has been registered since 2005 and it's been around for a good amount of time now.
However, their popularity is quite low, which only has very few links associated with the domain - http://www.alexa.com/search?q=dragonorient.com&r=site_screener&p=bigtop
On the other hand, it hasn't been blacklisted yet - http://rbls.org/dragonorient.com. Also, a good factor to look at is to check the Third Party Trust Verification Badge, which is usually located at the bottom or at the side of the page.

Bottom line, it depends on the bride-to-be if she is ready to take the risk of transacting online even if one's wedding gown and other wedding clothes are at stake.

Hope this helps!

joyyy Posts : 5 Registered: 8/29/12
Posted: Aug 29, 2012 2:57 AM Go to message in response to: Chopi

i have no shopping experience from this website. Buti buy wedding dress online too from http://www.woweddingdress.com/
The price is low. And the quality is acceptable according to the low price. Before buying, you can ask more details about the dress you like.

alicefeng263 Posts : 7 Registered: 3/22/13
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: gumi930

alicefeng263 Posts : 7 Registered: 3/22/13
Posted: Mar 23, 2013 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: paulNivy

bridaltask Posts : 5 Registered: 11/21/12
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: Chopi

I recommend a best wedding dress site, sighthit.com is best online bridal gonws shop online. This website can custom your own wedding dress.

more information:http://www.sighthit.com/wedding-dresses

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine