Stylist, etc for Engagement Photos?

Online Users: 1,270 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1

MissMonkey Posts : 1 Registered: 3/3/09
Stylist, etc for Engagement Photos?
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 8:46 PM

I've been finding these incredible engagement photos and I can't help but wonder if these couples hire hair stylists/wardrobe people/makeup artists and someone to create a "scene". I see them so often now that I can't imagine that ALL these couples go to so much great detail!

For example, this couple used EAMES chairs and she is wearing a $450 Betsey Johnson dress....
http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2010/01/engagement-photo-inspiration.html

And if you scroll down and look at another one of the couples, you'll see that they re-created a W magazine photo shoot. The props! The house! The clothes! shoes! hair! makeup! accessories! furniture! ahhh!! I love it all!

So, let's say I wanted my engagement photos like this - are there photographers who can arrange all this? Do these couples seek out all these people on their own? Tell me!

KristaEve Posts : 5 Registered: 3/25/10
Re: Stylist, etc for Engagement Photos?
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: MissMonkey

Try looking for someone who does direction, sometimes photographers can do it all, sometimes you can get 1 person to do the hair, make-up and wardrobe, but sweetheart, a 450.00 Betsey would much much cheaper than hiring all of these people, a commercial stylists can be pricey and thats not even including anything else. I live up in Canada so I cant give you any suggestions but try looking for a MUA, they usually can do the hair and styling as well and then your photog can make the set, just be specific.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine