Any Age Differences?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 42

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Re: Any Age Differences?
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Why are certain people acting as if he is STILL underage?He will be 20 in 2 weeks.
I didnt say that I was going to marry a 16 year old. I met him when he was 2 months
away from 17 when I was in college and working as a manager of a store.With that said
I am glad that alot of people are concerned with my sex life.For what feels like the 3458345th
time WE DID NOT HAVE SEX BEFORE HE WAS 18.Did everyone see it that time?And if those of you that say "good luck getting anyone to believe that" Would they be able to prove it?
As I have said before it was not about sex, if I hadn't want to actually get to know him and have
fun being around him I wouldn't be.I have only (not that it is anyone else's business) been with one
person before my FH. And for the one that said (excuse me for not wording it corrrectly) I shouldn't post a picture of me and my FH together on here.Why shouldn't I? We are both over 18 and consenting adults.As one pp said earlier, he is old enough to do what he wants,he asked ME to marry HIM.

But I do appreciate the ones that have given me respect and messaged me thinking that it was rude of
people to accuse me of things that they "think" or "assume" happen when all I asked was a simple question of Is anyone in a relationship that has an age difference?I did not realize this was a thread to bring in anyone's morals or "breaking of the law".But please if you do not agree or if it just really infuriates you to even think of me and my FH together don't read any of my posts I will no be offended because we are fine and perfectly happy.

And by the way I do not feel attacked, I honestly don't.If it was someone that I really knew that knew my relationship by being here and knowing us then I may be bothered by it but I am not.I appreciate all of you that answered my question with the intent that it was posted.

Oh and the one that got the conversation started about statutory rape did actually tell me she wished the best of luck and was not trying to start anything. But I feel no illwill toward anyone it doesn't do any good nor affect my relationship so I am fine. =)

Future Mrs. McMahan as of December 24,2009 !

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Edited by: InLoveWDRM on Jan 8, 2010 6:30 PM

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

By the way I have no idea, after I looked back on that post, does my sentences do that. I actually tried to make that last one readable and it looked fine when it was typed out. I just don't have time to fix it right now. I hope you can at least make out what it says. lol

Soorrryy.!!

Future Mrs. McMahan as of December 24,2009 !

Daisypath Wedding tickers

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 8:21 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I'm older by 1 year and 27 days! We're 24 and 25:*)

~We're getting married on "Loving Day!"...June 12, 2010...He asked if I'd be with him forever and of course my answer was yes

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

I'm 19 and he's 21. He looks closer to 30-33, especially when his hair is cut short. I look my age. Sometimes we get looks, but whatever. We're 2 years and 1 month apart, no big deal.

Also, sometimes we bring my 10 year old sister out places. She looks closer to 7 or 8. People all the time call her "our daughter" or just assume she's our kid.

I look 19--how the eff could she be my daughter even if she looks 7???? WTF.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Well my honey and I are only a 1.5 apart so I can't joint he conversation with experience on the matter, but I will say this. Make sure that you know who your friends are, and that you stick with those people. Age should mean nothing in a true, loving relationship. What others see, or express for opinion should not affect what you have. As a matter of fact it's none of their business and if they can't be happy for you guys, they shouldn't be allowed to hang around.

Congrats on all of you for standing firm in what you have.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Statutory rape, well, in CO that gets you a life prison term. And, does not matter one bit if parents approve. I know of a case where the couple was living in parents basement, together, and prosecuted, and, in CO you get an indeterminate life term. That means, you get a minimum number of years, probably 2-6 depending on the specific charges. So you'd get, say, 6-life. What that means, is that you get out, maybe, if the parole board ever decides you are "cured" and then, you get 10 years to life parole, sex offender intensive parole, registering as a sex offender, and all kinds of other requirements that make it pretty hard to live.

I am not directing this to the OP, they did wait (and by the way, it's often not really statutory rape if the people are both over 15, so 16 and older, or at least in the group 16-18 it may be that states have different rules, they do here) But yes, in TN it would have been cause the rule there is 13-less than 18, and not the spouse, and the other person is more than 4 years older. It is good they waited. I don't know that the statute of limitations is past yet, and I would not want to risk it. So, OP, it is very good you did wait. Although, unlike in CO, TN only gives up to 6 years prison for statutory rape.

I think, the point is, for anyone else reading this, it is a very, very serious situation and people really should be aware of what the laws actually are because, at least in CO, you can end up serving the rest of your life in prison since statutory rape is treated, for sentencing purposes, exactly like any other sex offense. And, each state has different laws so anyone in a situation of dating or considering dating someone under 18 should, imo, find out exactly what those laws are before they act.

In the case of OP, well, while I was never attracted to younger guys I do know the situation happens a lot in the reverse.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

My cuddly wuddly bear and me are 1 year and 3 months apart

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

britgreg21 Posts : 7 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

I can only imagine what you have gone through with age differeneces. There is not much difference in the age of my fiance and I, but I am still older. We are only 3 months apart, but we were in different grades in school. I sometimes got alot of comments about even dating a junior when I was a senior! I didnt realize that people paid that close of attention! I do not think that age difference is a big deal at all! As long as you are happy and in love, I say go for it! I'm glad you havent let all those comments come between your fiance and yourself!

sweetpeas Posts : 31 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

My dad is 17 years older than my mom. 17 years exactly. They have the same birthday. It works well for them but that large of a difference might not work for most people. It was hard for me growing up because people would first think that my dad was my grandfather...it was somewhat traumatizing for me because then I was afraid he was really old and would die

margosplanet Posts : 2 Registered: 6/5/10
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

As long as you are happy and you know he is good for you that is all that matters. Don't let negativity and other people's experiences effect you. You have your own experiences and life. That's the beauty of this world everyones different. My fiance' is 13 years older, so I was always told he just wanted sex, and on top of that he's black well I"m from the south so they didn't like that either, but what kept me up was I knew he was better than all of them, and time heels everything. Now, everythings better, not perfect but better. You just have to keep you happy.

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Age is just a number. My FH is 15 1/2 years older than me. He is 45 and I'll be 30 soon. People mistake me for his daughter sometimes, I look like I'm in my late teens and he in his mid 30's, but that is only when they don't really look! Of course his ex wife has an issue with it but nobody cares what she thinks. I've gotten the strange looks and people saying I'm only with him for his money (we make the same amount!!) but screw them. We are happy and so in love. It doesn't matter about age it only matters how you feel. Our friends down the street are 12 years apart and have been married for 25 happy years. The proof is in the puddin!

[

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: STBMrsBW

My finance is 12 years older than me, and we've been together for 5 years. I don't think I could handle someone any younger! The only time it even comes to mind is when I'm driving in the snow (poorly), and have to remind him that he has 12 more years diving experience than I do, so of course he's better at it!

Really though, I agree with most everyone else that it just depends on the person. We all mature differently, at all different ages. Having the same level of maturity matters much more than age. :)

FutureMDBride Posts : 4 Registered: 8/1/10
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

My FH is almost 10 years older than I am. Age makes no difference as long as the two people are compatible and happy. I think that the fact that he is older, made us more perfect for each other because we are in the same place in life and have the same wants.(Maturity doesn't ONLY depend on age, but it can be a big factor!)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine