Dresses that match my yellow-gold ring???

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

katysbug05 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/26/10
Dresses that match my yellow-gold ring???
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 8:21 PM

Hi all,

I've gotten a bit frustrated looking for dresses as I feel like they do not tend to match my engagement ring or my style. I have always been more of a yellow-gold girl, despite the fact it's fallen a bit out of favor. My engagement ring is an antique yellow-gold ring, and the bracelet I want to wear is also yellow-gold with diamonds that has been in my family for years. They are both stunning and match perfectly!

I feel like most designers favor silver coloring/detailing that are meant to match more platinum/white-gold rings. Personally, I really feel like this clashes with my jewelry choices.

Has anyone else had this dilemma? Any suggestions on designers to try, or how you handled this would be greatly appreciated!

here's my ring:

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Re: Dresses that match my yellow-gold ring???
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: katysbug05

I'm not sure what you're budget is but I saw several dresses at David's Bridal that would match with yellow gold well. It's funny, I've always ALWAYS been a yellow gold girl but my fiance LOVES white gold/platinum...he switched me! Haha, just up and switched me...my engagement ring (well and a watch he got me) is the only thing that's not yellow gold. He said my old jewelry can be dipped, whatever that means, to be white gold and match. Annnnyway, maybe an ivory or goldish dress (goldish sounds odd but I've seen some gorgeous ones) would match well. You've got lots of time, good luck!

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: katysbug05

I love white with gold!

If you found a dress with only silver tone hardware on it (like buttons), how comfortable would you be having a seamstress replace it with new hardware/buttons you've picked out?

I'd check out J. Crew's wedding gowns. They are so simple that none of them would clash with your jewelry and I personally like a simple long gown with stand-out bracelets!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 14, 2012 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: katysbug05

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1853 is just $449.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine