Incluiding children?

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

FutureMrsJRS Posts : 9 Registered: 11/9/09
Incluiding children?
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 2:38 AM

Hey everyone!! Congratulations!
I have already decided on a flower girl and ring bearer. (my niece and nephew!) I have two other girls I would love to involve in some way. I am their nanny and friends with their parents, they are a special part of my life. BUT, I'm not sure how to involve them. I'd like to try someething other than having them man the guest book... but I don't have any other ideas... any advice or experiences in this area
?

Future Mrs. S. 

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Incluiding children?
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 2:58 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJRS

Are you having bird seed or bubbles passed out after the ceremony? That would be a great thing to involve them with. It's fun!

Good luck!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJRS

Dear Mrs J,

Why not have three flower girls? There's no rule limiting you to just one if there are three special little girls in your life.

uhh Posts : 3 Registered: 3/16/10
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJRS

i always believe in large parties. more people with smiles, boys in tux, little girls in formal dresses, and a lot more...i think it's more meaningful as everyone joins you on your most important date...but oh well, everyone has his or her own choice.
little girls formal dresses

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 19, 2010 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: uhh

Are they old enough to do a reading in the ceremony? If not they could help pass out the wedding program, man the guest book (like you mentioned), etc. It may not seem like much to you, but to a little kid, getting to tell adults what to do and where to go, is a big deal.
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine