Corsage Alternative -- HELP!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

InsaneSteena Posts : 2 Registered: 3/17/10
Corsage Alternative -- HELP!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 4:46 PM

I am really trying to find an alternative for the corsages traditionally given to the MOB, MOG, and the grandmothers. I have never really cared for them, neither has my mother. I discussed the idea of possibly carrying around a small bouqet, but my mother said that she didn't want to end up carrying them around all night. I have found small pins online that look like faux flowers with a ribbon on them that say mother of the bride, but I def. don't want to leave the rest of those special people in my life out. Are there any other ideas out there that can offer a simple, elegant, and inexpensive look that still signifies that these women are the special VIPs at the wedding? Please help!!! All ideas are welcome!

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Re: Corsage Alternative -- HELP!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: InsaneSteena

I assume you're talking about the wrist corsages? What about a pin
corsage?

Heather

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: InsaneSteena

At my daughter's wedding the Moms carried small nosegay bouquets for the ceremony. We certainly did not "carry them around all night." We put them on our tables after the ceremony.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

InsaneSteena Posts : 2 Registered: 3/17/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

Actually, I was talking about a pin corsage. Both of the mothers had asked not to wear a wrist corsage... :/

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: InsaneSteena

And they don't want to wear pin corsages either?

What about a simple bracelet or necklace or something like that? Or just some other type of pin/brooch. They don't have to be expensive.

Beyond that, I think Myra's thought is probably best.

Heather

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: InsaneSteena

The only person opposed to the corsage in my wedding is my grandmother. She doesn't want to pin anything to her dress and the wrist ones are too tight. She is opting to pin her corsage to her small decorative pocketbook. You could maybe go that route.

Or have you considered a floral hair clip? Your florist should be able to make a corsage or boutonaire without the needle pin or wrist band that can be clipped into your special ladies' hair either by bobby pin or if a more sturdy clip is needed with an alligator clip... you could also use silk flowers if you wanted.

Tasha Hydrangea Flower Hair Clip

check out our wedding website: www.shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine