Angry Over Alcohol

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 47

militarybride2010 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/9/09
Re: Angry Over Alcohol
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I, too, have made the decision not to have alcohol at my wedding, for a number of reasons. But the main reason is not because of the money but we don't wan't everyone drunk on our day. I dislike how wedding receptions are always associated with alcohol..there are other ways to celebrate. And once again, it's your wedding...it's not possible to please everyone.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I hope you have a heart to heart with FH about this. Don't hide from it. It sounds, to me, like he has a problem, or will soon. It doesn't work with you mothering, it really doesn't. He's an adult, he needs to be in control and he and you can't put that responsibility on you.

My DH barely drank at all at our wedding, me either. Because, HE wanted to be clear, we were busy, and he didn't want to miss anything. Same with our honeymoon. WE weren't there to get wasted. I didn't have to ask. That's just how it was. You already have asked, and he's already indicated to you he isn't in control. THat's BS, cause he is the ONLY one in control of what he drinks or does not drink. Not meaning any harshness to you, just don't want you to live what I lived, or anything even remotely close.

I was married for years with someone with a drinking problem. I'm glad you figured out the reception issue, but, please sit down and ask yourself the tough questions. Drinking everyday, or even everyweek, isn't necessary before you are someone with a drinking problem. Not saying no or knowing your limit, IS a problem. It will only get worse. So please, don't gloss over all the great advice people have given. Just, think it through and really seriously consider all you've been told. Go into this with your eyes open. Best of luck with all of it.

And I'm with Ms D and the others, in fact, we are sneaking in our own plastic baby bottle of wine, it's what, like a small glass? For the second half of the play. They charge $10 bucks! But, we know our limits and stick to them, and only overdo if that's the point, if no kids, if no driving, etc. NOT our wedding night.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi,

I agree with all the points that you made.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine