Groom and thank-you cards

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Groom and thank-you cards
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 2:47 PM

Just wanted to see what you guys think about whether or not the groom needs to sign the thank-you cards too. I've been writing them myself and having him sign the ones that go to his side of the family, and write his own little notes to the people closest to him, but what do you think about my side of the family? Would you notice if the groom didn't sign a thank-you card to yourself, or is it pretty much accepted that the woman usually does that stuff?

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Groom and thank-you cards
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

Dear JR,

I'm just happy to get any kind of hand-written thank you card that I wouldn't notice if not signed by both.

Do what works best between the two of you. Just get 'em done.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

I think you should put both names on them, but there's no reason for him to sign rather than you just writing both names. That's what we did: whichever of us wrote the thank-you note just put both names on them.

Side note: We initially split the thank-you notes in half. Mine were done the week we returned from our honeymoon. DH did about half of his within a month and then totally forgot about the other half. Two months later (about three months after the wedding) we realized that he had never done the rest and we got them out. Oh well - better late than never, and at least they eventually got out. But I did not do all of them by any means. We split them about 50-50 and we each signed both names on every card.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Yeah, I've got all but like three done, and those are to our parents, which I want to put a lot of thought into. I know it's a little late, but there's nothing I can do now except get them done.

I went with DH to his brother's wedding last year, and we had to travel over 900 miles to get there. We couldn't afford a gift after spending about $150 just getting there (not to mention DH didn't get any leave time, so he missed a week's worth of pay), so we just got them a card. I felt kind of offended not to get any kind of thank-you for the effort of making it there, though, so I've determined to write everyone a card just for coming, even if they didn't give a gift.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine